Do You Google, Or Do You Search The Internet?

???

I Google Stuff
72%
I Search The Internet For Stuff
28%
I Something Else For Stuff
No votes

Total votes: 18
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Do You Google, Or Do You Search The Internet?

Post by Reliant121 »

In that vein, I wonder how well it will suit the iPhone and iTouch...interesting times
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, OS4 was made especially for the iPad, and for in theory for the next gen iPhone, as well as for the 3GS iPhone, I can't wait to see how well they implement the multi-tasking into it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Oh please! DOn't talk about OS 4^^^My iPod Touch can't use the multitask!
Well, Reliant121, don't you think that other Tablet haven't work because they have used a classic OS like Windows?
For me, a tactil computer need to have a special OS, like iPhone OS for the iPad and, probably, Web OS in the HP Slate.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm not daring that Windows tablets are any better. However, I think the Windows 7 tablets set to hit the market could change that. Former win tablets were just unusable because they weren't designed for touch, even If they had all the power. Windows 7 is inherently touch compatible.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

WIndows 7 is not really more touch compatible than OS X. It's maybe less compatible because it's a software put upon Windows when the Magic Mouse and the Trackpad are directly implemented in OS X.

But Android, iPhone OS, Web OS and Windows Phone 7 are directly touch compatible.

I don't know if all of them can be put in a Tablet, but we know they can for iPhone OS, and the experience of Android will be probably put in Chrome OS if Google don't want to directly use Android in a Tablet.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

OS X would be fabulous for a tablet. As would Win 7.

I just think that if these tablets are supposed to replace netbooks, which is what Apple themselves claimed they should, they need more freedom and power than the likes of the iPhone OS which is very much "Apples way or jog on". That said, Android isn't really consistent enough for it either. Its stable, poweful etc. but its still a bit nerdy. Web OS is just not common place enough.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Okay so you want a computer with a tactile interface, but remember: The tactile interface of Enterprise D Computer implied a new OS, the LCARS, the Duotronic OS was not used ;)

^^

End of the Joke:

Tablet with Win 7 & OS X already exist, just look at Lenovo Touchpad or Axiotron Modbook.

But these machines haven't any form of success, why? This is professional machines but they aren't really used, when you can heard many development of professional software specially created for the iPad.

I don't know if in the futur, the iPad will become the new way of computing but when i heard the critics of the iPad & iPhone OS, they really sounds like the critics of the Macintosh & is GUI in 1984.

It's my opinion, it's not the Absoulte Truth, but, please, remember theses words. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, but i am sure that iPhone OS & the ipad are the futur of computing.

(After all, the Padd looks like an old iPad, and we saw him more often than personal computer ;) )
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would disagree entirely, cause Apple products seem a love/hate thing. And iPhone OS is slowly loosing ground to the Android OS over here at least.

And if it were to happen...Sad, sad, SAD day for computing.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Android OS has just advantage on USA, but yes it's true, Android OS progress on the market.

I haven't ye use and Android Phone so i will not argue about who is the better.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've used both. iPhones are simpler, and probably a little better built physically. But Android's customisability is unmatched, as is it's value for money.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Well it's a Linux vs OS X match but at the extreme?

Linux/Android for geek & nerd, OS X & iPhone OS for the rest of us.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's no where near that simple.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Of course it's a.. Parody? Caricature? I am not sure for this word.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:probably a little better built physically
Really? Better-built than the new HTC models?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »