New RP Discussion

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: RP characters

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:...I thought the gist of this was to play as ships, meybe even eventually task groups if we're succesful enough.
That was what I was agreeing with. I suppose we'd all make our crews up, but the idea was each RP player would run a ship. I think. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I really want to create our own universe. We have several on the forum - Graham's,Reliant's, mine. or invent a whole new one.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Post by Phantom Renegade »

Mikey wrote:Wait a minnim. PR is talking about his Errol-Flynn-in-space character, but I thought the gist of this was to play as ships, meybe even eventually task groups if we're succesful enough.
I'm not sure who Errol Flynn is but I'm assuming he's some sort of swordsman. In any case, if we go in a universe where the swordsman idea works then great, if not I have no problem putting him on the back burner till a more compatible RP comes up. Coming up with an original pilot/captain type character is tougher, but I don't mind a challenge.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know, we COULD always flip the current SW RP, and be rebels. Did anybody ever play the first SW:RPG? It was pretty fun. Had room to due what you wanted, and a certain FEEL of danger. You were never quite safe from the Empire.

What you guys are proposing sounds kind of complex, and if I had to go and buy additional software, I'd likely have to sit it out.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:...and if I had to go and buy additional software, I'd likely have to sit it out.
Yeah, I'm not really down for that either, with the being poor thing. I like the concept of using predetermined ship stats, and online dice rolling to determine any battles. Like a cross between the Wargame and the planned system for the WH40K RP.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm of the same mind. I wouldn't mind some sort of "build point" system or some such, to allow a little diversity but still have a roughly equal field; or, if we use an existing universe, a selection of ships from that universe.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:...some sort of "build point" system or some such...
I like that. I think we're onto something here.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Sounds like it
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You wouldn't need to buy anything. I'll take care of ship stats and ship costs. I already have a system in mind that would allow a steady growth based on different missions. More important, its simple. Each person would be responsible for writing for themselves. No one else, even in your own post. This would be to figure that you wont be on the same ship but sending comms across the galaxy to each other. There's nothing wrong with picking a Sword character. You would most likely command pirate or raider ship. If you want to move of the command chain you would make someone out of the Officer Corp. Or if you're playing a rebel you'd maybe want to make a turncoat or high birth of some kind (rich, nobel, political and etc).

I was thinking about starting the RP in the last year of the Clone Wars. Everyone would then have had nine years before to earn rank during the war. It would also mean everyone could play CIS or Republic then get the choice to switch to Empire or Rebels. You can also pick any faction between. Depending on the factions that people pick is how I'll set up faction based bonus.

Anyone who wants in only needs a character bio, ship class and a starting point. You can start with anything of Cruiser status or less.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Interesting. I'd be interested in playing a pirate/smuggler prince.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So instead of running a single large ship, you may own a few smaller ships. Corvettes or Gunships with a supped up freighter of some kind. There's an endless list of ships to pick from.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So a Corillian Corvette and a couple of enhanced support raiding ships wouldn't be out of line to start off? Interesting.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

So we for sure doing it in Star Wars?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It DOES seem to be the more popular opinion.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Boo, totally wanted to do a fandom realm:P

-Remain Star Trek-