40k roleplay comments

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: 40k roleplay

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, they both sound like fine choices to me.

As for my character, I think I'll definitely go with a tech-priest. Someone with good knowledge of technology could come in handy. I could probably also function as a pilot if necessary, too.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I like that too, Magus. Perhaps the initial problems begin on a forge world or mine world, interrupting production and leading to the involvement of the Mechanicus?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Could have been. Or perhaps Narchana stole something of value (Plans for an STC? A map with the location of one?) which the AdMecn would be taking an interest in when he fled.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, almost anything can be tied in. Now I'm wondering what I should do - should our leader be an NPC Inquisitor, and I'd play something else as a PC, or should I play an interrogator or explicator of the Ordo Hereticus? Or an Arbites? Or an Astartes scout? Going to have to jump into some army list reading...
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pick what you want.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Pick what you want.
Thanks. Don't become a waiter.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Actually, I think I've settled on an interrogator. I was re-reading Ben Counter's Grey Knights recently, and a very detailed character history and personality sort of came to me unbidden.

Anyway - I'm going to ask Graham to set up a subforum for us in "Roleplaying." I'll keep this thread for questions about the 40k universe, advice, resources and links, character-building help, etc. There will also be a sign-in thread once initial questions have been answered and full bios are ready to go up. Once that's all set, we'll start the typical story thread and OOU story comment thread. I'll also go back through here and provide my own humble and limited opinions and some character ideas that folks here have mentioned.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll move this thread to the 40K RPG forum when it opens.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK. I don't think Rochey needs my advice, and I'll probably leave it to him to write the tie-in for his character.

As to what we have so far:
Reliant - I already have an idea for tie-in for a Sister of Silence. Remeber, you'd be a "blank," with no psychic signature and largely immune to psyker effects. However, you will also receive a negative reaction from pyschically sensitive individuals. I'd imagine you'd have equipment reflecting your martial nature; most likely carapace armor and a bolter, although other types of equipment would be possible. Meltaguns are also commonly in use by the female fighting forces, but just ask if there's something else you want to try. Let us know. :)

Tsu - you've obviously already read up on the Culexus Assassins, and the tie-in is easy; you'd be attached for the mission directly by the Officio Assassinorum under the Ordo Sicarius. You'd effectively be a "blank" like Reliant, above, but multiplied by 100x, and would be equipped and trained almost exclusively for taking out psykers.

Mark - let us know - the sky's the limit. :wink:
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That sounds good. what about naming?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

There are so many variations, it's incredible. Fantasy-sounding or Middle-English-sounding names are common, as are Eastern European or Teutonic names (Gregor Eisenhorn, Gholic Rhen-Sar Valinov, Inquisitor Lord Karamazov) or classical-sounding names (Octavius, Pelias, Sulphus, Tancred, Alaric.) The only female warriors I recall reading about were Sisters of Battle such as Ludmilla, Heloise, etc.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It would depend on where the character is from. As such, given the sheer vastness of the Imperium, virtualy any type of name could come up.

By the way, I'll set up a character thread to shove the character bios into.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've had a look at some christian Latin names for females...so i got some good ideas.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Latin names would be good for someone who's the descendent of some important people.