Action regarding Blackstar and Deepcrush

Important stuff, please read before posting
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Action regarding Blackstar and Deepcrush

Post by Tsukiyumi »

*shakes fist*
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

For the information of all :

Blackstar the Chakat's account has now been reactivated. This concludes the matter as far as I am concerned.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Well, I'm back, and I'd like to say I'm not mad about the suspension itself. It the why I'm upset about. If this is a death threat then I am Mickey Mouse! I actually thought of it as one of my more civilized posts in that arguement. I can see how it might be considered threatening but a "death threat" is really stretching it. So if I seem paranoid, it's because I am.

I am sorry for any misunderstandings and will try to make myself more clear in the future.
I will say however that I am on the fence as to if me and Chakat should have the same punishment.
I find it incredibly amusing that the guy involved with this that didn't get punished is "on the fence" about the punishment.
Myself, the mods and Graham are discussing this matter to try to find some way to let hir know that we're not out to get hir and to get hir to relax.
Ya, good luck with that.
Any problem Blackstar has about this should be brought up to Graham & Ian since they run the Board and it is their call
tried that. Got stonewalled.
Though forgive my ignorance of the term 'furry' and 'Chakat' - it seems he described himself as a feline - not a member of a community who pretend to be felines. Though your analogy to me being a 'trekkie' isn't the same - while I could claim to be a fan of Star Trek, I would never claim to physically be a SF officer or anything of the sort, which is what Blackstar seems to have done. Regardless, this is semantics, and the decision (correct, based on prior experience) clearly stands.
Actually Trekkies and furrys aren't too different. They both dress up as fictional characters, they both write fan fiction, they both RP, and they both have Cons...the only real difference is that Furrys tend to stay in-character more.
I kind of remember an episode of CSI about it.
It's probably best if you don't mention that. We tend to be sensitve about stuff like that, it gave us bad publicity.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:I find it incredibly amusing that the guy involved with this that didn't get punished is "on the fence" about the punishment.
Actually, I interpreted Deep's comment as rather humble - he was wondering why his "punishment" wasn't the same, so I'd say he was on your side on that one.
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Ya, good luck with that.
Please don't - the general consensus has been that your time has been served - whether or not you regard it as fair - and that particular matter is closed.
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:tried that. Got stonewalled.
"Not listening" and "not changing their minds" are two different things. Let's all move on. Welcome back.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:tried that. Got stonewalled.
"Not listening" and "not changing their minds" are two different things. Let's all move on. Welcome back.
I tried apologizing to him, he didn't even acknowledge it. I'd list that under "Not listening".
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't know to which "he" you are referring, and I can't speak to his reaction. But again - the matter is over, and let's move on.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:But again - the matter is over, and let's move on.
Easy for you to say. You weren't suspended for something you didn't even do, while the other guy gets off with a warning.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have all sorts of things to say about that, but I honestly don't see any upside to arguing with you about it. I was in a similar situation, and was dealt with by Ian and Graham - I didn't necessarily like it, but it was what it was. Likewise, I don't see any upside to continuing to hold a grudge about it; I gave up mine, and I'm glad that I did. I'm sure you can, and I believe that you will find things a bit better if you do.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

What happened happened; I understand that you feel you've been unfairly treated, and I'm sympathetic to that, but I'm afraid that's just the way it is.

If I may presume to offer advice, being bitter and complaining about this will accomplish nothing but to make you feel bad about it for longer. If I were you I would chalk it up as one of those things, move on, and try to have some fun around here.

If you do choose to continue complaining, then by all means feel free. But you'll do it without my further input, and I hope others will drop it too.

This subject is closed as far as I am concerned.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

GrahamKennedy wrote: If I may presume to offer advice, being bitter and complaining about this will accomplish nothing but to make you feel bad about it for longer. If I were you I would chalk it up as one of those things, move on, and try to have some fun around here.
That's hard when you're paranoid about a certain Admin who's out to get you for the slightest aggressive comment.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote: That's hard when you're paranoid about a certain Admin who's out to get you for the slightest aggressive comment.
There's a simple solution to this dude. You can either:

A) Stop complaining (obviously Graham isn't going to give you any milage on this)

or

B) Leave the board.

Your not the first and you won't be the last to get a warning, the rest of us who have simply carried on.

BTW, I love that CSI furry episode. One of the few I like, right up there with the suicide girls and the minature killer.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cpl Kendall wrote:BTW, I love that CSI furry episode. One of the few I like, right up there with the suicide girls and the minature killer.
Me, I like the Lady Heather episodes :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I like the one where Nic was buried alive, when the ants came in... creepy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:I like the one where Nic was buried alive, when the ants came in... creepy.
Gotta love Quentin Tarantino!
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I love the ones with Grissom, (well, basically all of them)
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang