Make Your Own Movie Plot

The Original Series
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Make Your Own Movie Plot

Post by Mikey »

But if it made sense as written - "S1 - 3" - then why would you assume that it was a typo?

Anyway, as Seafort says, it wasn't just spitting on established canon- which ENT DID do more than any other series. They made a a series set in the timeframe fro a prequel, but didn't actually prequel anything.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I agree with KM that what trek needs to do is move on and stop trying to relive the glory of old.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Definitely.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Sometimes when I type fast, "of" comes out "fo."

I'd've loved to have seen the Earth-Romulan War, but either way, if you want to make Trek great again, you have to make great Trek again.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Its not that I don't want to see the E/R War, its just if they did that it would HAVE to respect established facts. If they ever did do it though I'd rather see it in a Mini-Series/full on show as opposed to a Movie, something as major as the Earth Romulan War that leads to the Foundation of the Federation and Trek as we know it deserves that at the very least.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont like the fact that ENT set the E/R war up to be Humans begging for help off everyone else.

I wanted the war to be Humans kicking arse by themselves with token help.

I wanted it to be the event where the Andorians and Vulcans and the rest said "Wow these humans are kick arse, maybe we should join this Federation they are setting up"

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Very true, I could understand them starting out slow, but we still should have seen the 'I'm from Earth shut the frack up' type of attitude when these guys dealt with hostile species, sure it would back fire sometimes but thast would get peple talking, then a few years later when the Romulans got a little uppity Earth starts out slow, barely holding its own but eventually picks up and sends the Romulans running to mommy for the next hundred years.

MNy beliefe that such an event should get more than a Movie still stands, now if Enterprise was that, along witht he right technology & respect towards cannon, then we would have a show worth watching.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If only...

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Aside from the Earth-Romulan war, an idea in the modern Trek world might feature E-E on a secret mission during the Dominion war, or in the tumultuous post-war period.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The idea of the E-E in the war is bad. not only do we know how the war ends but we know the E-E survived it so it has no drama in it.

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Teaos wrote:The idea of the E-E in the war is bad. not only do we know how the war ends but we know the E-E survived it so it has no drama in it.
We'd know the E-E would survive anyway, like we know Earth will always survive. The idea is, maybe the war doesn't end the way it does without the secret intervention of Jean-Luc Picard. Plus, as Graham said, we get to see the power of the Sov in all it's glory (in a less cartoonish way than the Nemesis battle)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Teaos wrote:The idea of the E-E in the war is bad. not only do we know how the war ends but we know the E-E survived it so it has no drama in it.
We'd know the E-E would survive anyway, like we know Earth will always survive. The idea is, maybe the war doesn't end the way it does without the secret intervention of Jean-Luc Picard. Plus, as Graham said, we get to see the power of the Sov in all it's glory (in a less cartoonish way than the Nemesis battle)
It would be awesome if Earth was finally destroyed. When they blew up Earth in Andromeda I was like, "they can't do that. They just can't. There's got to be something coming up that brings back Earth." But Earth stayed all blown up. A Star Trek move where earth is destroyed, it'll be the most unexpected plot twist since Darth Vader turned out to be Luke's father
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
It would be awesome if Earth was finally destroyed. When they blew up Earth in Andromeda I was like, "they can't do that. They just can't. There's got to be something coming up that brings back Earth." But Earth stayed all blown up. A Star Trek move where earth is destroyed, it'll be the most unexpected plot twist since Darth Vader turned out to be Luke's father
Yeah but in Andromeda Earth was a backwater craphole. So it didn't matter if it got blown up except to the people there and Harper, there was no risk involved. If they blow up Earth in ST, it's pretty likely that the Federation would crumble and whatever fans are left would scream blue murder.

In other words, I'm in.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:It would be awesome if Earth was finally destroyed. When they blew up Earth in Andromeda I was like, "they can't do that. They just can't. There's got to be something coming up that brings back Earth." But Earth stayed all blown up. A Star Trek move where earth is destroyed, it'll be the most unexpected plot twist since Darth Vader turned out to be Luke's father
Trek producers gave us Data's death tempered by B-4. They don't seem to have the balls to pull off such a move, not since TOS.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Cpl Kendall wrote:Yeah but in Andromeda Earth was a backwater craphole.
Not unlike the current, real one, eh? :P