Just an idea...

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Just an idea...

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, I'm sorry sir, life pods are down due to janitors lunch break.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

To be fair, Rochey is playing a Tholian - he is a rock in space.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

How do Tholians do anything? The only info on them having extremities is from the Vanguard EU series which turns them into a bizarre rock octopus.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:How do Tholians do anything? The only info on them having extremities is from the Vanguard EU series which turns them into a bizarre rock octopus.

Erm, no. There were full-body shots in ENT which showed them having six legs and two manipulative arms. From DITL itself:
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote: Erm, no. There were full-body shots in ENT which showed them having six legs and two manipulative arms. From DITL itself:
Wow! Totally missed that episode. Nice take on them, rock insect I guess.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It was the two-part mirror universe thing in season 4; probably the best of ENT, IMO.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Despite my severe dislike of ENT, I will admit that the mirror universe episodes were pretty damn good. Probably the best eps of the series.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ironically ENT which is considered the worst series by many fans had the best mirror universe, while DS9 which is considered the best series by many had the worst.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. Funny, that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:It was the two-part mirror universe thing in season 4; probably the best of ENT, IMO.
That explains it, I bailed around the end of Season One IIRC.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Ironically ENT which is considered the worst series by many fans had the best mirror universe, while DS9 which is considered the best series by many had the worst.
So the quality of the show was reversed in the MU, too?
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

While VOY never did a mirror episode there was that one where the alien species had created a false history about them where they seemed to fit the mirror universe.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:
Teaos wrote:Ironically ENT which is considered the worst series by many fans had the best mirror universe, while DS9 which is considered the best series by many had the worst.
So the quality of the show was reversed in the MU, too?
If that was true the MU episode would've been as bad as the "Emperor's New Cloak" episode.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:While VOY never did a mirror episode there was that one where the alien species had created a false history about them where they seemed to fit the mirror universe.
That's actually my favorite VOY episode, everything was so over the top we were buried in cheese.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Season 4 of ENT was actually getting quite good. It's worth a watch if you get the chance. Basically, management of the episodes and writing was taken over by Manny Coto. He did a lot to fix the issue that were a problem early on, for example he explained the EVS (Evil Vulcan Syndrome). He also starting doing things that should have been done from day one, he started bringing in stuff that was mentioned in TOS and filling in the known history of the show. Really some very good episodes in that season. In fact the only two five star episodes in the whole of ENT come from that season, it also had a average score of 2.95 on our system, compared with 2.12, 1.96 and 2.33 for series 1, 2 and 3 respectively. If you do watch it you do have to avoid the final episode though, which was nothing to do with Manny.
email, ergo spam