DITL 40K

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:I think it was an important moment for our community here. All of us put aside our old opositions to one another (me and Teaos, Blackstar and Seafort, etc), and united together as one.
QFT

Debating someone whose arguments occasionally make you want to punch the monitor is one thing.
Debating someone whose arguments make you want to throw up is quite another.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:I'm trying to read everything and catch up, sorry I was gone for so long.
You were gone so long, I actually forgot to list you when I started "The Insult Thread". Quite an oversight on my part...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deep, you would have been proud of me. I think a phrase along the lines of "You're lucky you don't live near me" came up...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

He didn't live too far from me. I figured it out when he made a cryptic "If anyone can guess what LA, Florida means, they get a cookie." remark. Not that I'd accept a KKKookie from him anyways...

Too bad gas prices are so high...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

QFT

Debating someone whose arguments occasionally make you want to punch the monitor is one thing.
Debating someone whose arguments make you want to throw up is quite another.
Very true, I knew you'd miss me.
You were gone so long, I actually forgot to list you when I started "The Insult Thread". Quite an oversight on my part...
Where is this thread? Do we insult ourselves or other people? (I've got a ton for both)
Deep, you would have been proud of me. I think a phrase along the lines of "You're lucky you don't live near me" came up...
I've very proud! Remember to aim for the eyes and balls first in a fight. Fighting fair is for fighting in a ring, not inbreds.
He didn't live too far from me. I figured it out when he made a cryptic "If anyone can guess what LA, Florida means, they get a cookie." remark. Not that I'd accept a KKKookie from him anyways...

Too bad gas prices are so high...
He's a coward so don't worry about it. They all are in fact. If they weren't then they wouldn't hide behing the flag and ACLU. Yet, every time someone comes to face them they run away. Their a dying kind, just best to remember that and laugh at them for it.

Also, gas doesn't matter. You shouldn't be driving anyways. Take a bus, pay cash, use no ID of any kind. This way you make it harder for someone to prove you were there.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:
Where is this thread? Do we insult ourselves or other people? (I've got a ton for both)
It's for constructve criticism only, Deep. The title is a bit sarcastic, really. Read the first page for an idea of what I mean.
Also, gas doesn't matter. You shouldn't be driving anyways. Take a bus, pay cash, use no ID of any kind. This way you make it harder for someone to prove you were there.
Good point. :D
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It's for constructve criticism only, Deep. The title is a bit sarcastic, really. Read the first page for an idea of what I mean.
*Kicks you in the shin for getting his hopes up!*

My insults are constructive! There is always a reason behind why I say something!

:lol:
Good point. :D
I know... 8)
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Also, gas doesn't matter. You shouldn't be driving anyways. Take a bus, pay cash, use no ID of any kind. This way you make it harder for someone to prove you were there.

So you know my motto: "Plausible deniability." :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ahhh T_A a dark yet special time here at DITL. I think just about everyone had a crack at him.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, differing opinions are one thing, but clear-cut bigotry... I knew this community wouldn't tolerate it, and I'm proud that we all presented a united front and co-ordinated attack.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It was a touching show of solidarity. And, as I suspected, he moved off - no doubt to find a group which we stand him right up like we did.

We rock.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I really don't get how he assumed this would be some kind of "white pride" Star Trek site. I don't think he read many of our posts before he nosedived into the mud posting what he apparently assumed would be acceptably racist remarks...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't believe he assumed anything... I believe that he just nosed his way in in order to find yet another outlet for his rants. I don't think he cared if he was going to find any converts or not.

Or, he just figured that a bunch of Trekkers wouldn't have the stones to stand him up. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Or, he just figured that a bunch of Trekkers wouldn't have the stones to stand him up. :lol:
He should've taken a better look at the "post your picture" thread. None of us look like pushovers to me. :D
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't actualy think T-A came here with the intent to spread his racist crap. He was around for a while before, and made a few threads and posts in the Trek areas, and actualy seemed like quite a reasonable guy. He only got exposed when he decided to post in the Martin Luther King Jr memorial thread I put up, and everything unravelled from there. He was just very unlucky to run into a forum where several members have quite a large intrest in the periods he was BSing about, and were both well educated enough to shred the rest of his stuff and had no fear of standing up to him.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"