Gamma mission sign in

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nice catch, Teaos. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

even I knew about Ziggy stardust.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Reliant121 wrote:even I knew about Ziggy stardust.
You have good taste in music. Big deal. :wink:

Anyways, better late than never. Again...

Watch out, Rochey. I might take your title as laziest creative writer on here. :P

Commander Devi Patel
Species: Human
Height: '5 3"

Position: Ops/Science/Tactical

Growing up as an only child on the USS Galaxy, Devi spent much of her free time going through the ship's database learning about ship operations, or getting first-hand experience on available holodecks. She enrolled in Starfleet Academy as soon as she was able, and took every opportunity to expand her knowledge; her instructors soon grew tired of her after-class visits, and began sending her additional lessons at home via computer.

Her first posting was to the Lakota-class USS Shoshone under Captain William Thompson, whom she soon grew to admire both as an imposing, courageous captain, and an intelligent, caring individual. A year after joining the crew, the Brotherhood Incident occurred, leading to the loss of Captain Thompson, many of Devi's friends, and the Shoshone herself. Unbeknownst to Starfleet, Chief Engineer San'dral shared a brief mind-meld with Devi before dying, and so imparted a great deal of her wisdom and knowledge, as well as a fair bit of Thompson's courage and intuition.

After the battle, she and shipmate Lorcan O'Carroll began a brief, but intense relationship, and they never lost touch afterward. When Captain Matthew Lewis of the refit Nebula-class USS Ravage handpicked him, Lorcan's persistence led to Devi's re-assignment as well. She was glad to be reunited with Lorcan, as well as a valued colleague in the captain. She and Lorcan both respect Lewis immensely after his contribution during the Brotherhood Incident; neither would likely be alive if not for the innovation of his crew during the battle.

Her personality is calm and businesslike, but caring and vulnerable. After the meld with San'dral, she retained a great deal of knowledge and skill from the stoic Vulcan, and her beloved William, and has used the gained insights to advance to her current position. Rumors have been circulating throughout Starfleet's upper echelons that she's due for a promotion, and is being highly considered for captaincy of Starfleet's next-generation exploratory vessel, currently under development.

Lieutenant Commander Lorcan O'Carroll
Height: '5 11"

Position: Helm/Navigation/Tactical

Lorcan was born deep in the Beta Quadrant (2358) on a long-range exploratory vessel crewed by Federation civilian scientists. They spent the first eight years of his life searching for subspace anomalies that allowed exponentially faster warp travel: the aptly-named "warp highways", like the one that allowed the astonishingly fast trip Captain James T. Kirk made to the galactic core in 2287. The day before Lorcan's ninth birthday, the ship discovered such an anomaly near the galactic barrier on the far edge of the Beta Quadrant, with a terminus near the edge of Gorn space. The ship made the 11-year, 7,000 LY trip back to Federation space in a little over ten months, and Lorcan spent his tenth birthday in Dublin, meeting the rest of his family for the first time.

Three months later, he and his parents joined the expedition in the Alpha Quadrant that eventually discovered the Indri VIII highway in late 2368. During the mission, he often served as a third-watch helmsman, and learned enough to confidently enlist in Starfleet three years later.

In the Academy, he excelled in tactical simulations and exercises, and finished in the top 2% of his graduating class. Captain William Thompson noticed him early, and personally requested his assignment to the USS Shoshone in 2376 in the multi-role position of helmsman, navigation and tactical officer. He served in this position for four years before the 2380 Brotherhood Incident. During the Incident, he earned the Christopher Pike Medal for Valor "for bravery and endurance beyond the call of duty" after losing his right eye during the battle and staying at station to the end.

His best friend on the Shoshone, Devi Patel, left six months later, after their deep relationship put a strain on their careers. Afterward, Lorcan wandered a bit, transferring from ship to ship. His promotion to Lieutenant Commander in 2387 was immediately followed by a permanent reprimand on his record for assault on a fellow officer. After close examination of the situation, the other officer was abruptly discharged from Starfleet service and institutionalized for sexual assault on a female ensign. Lorcan still mentions the reprimand alongside his Christopher Pike Medal for Valor every time he's asked about his honors.

When Matt Lewis offered him another multi-role position aboard the Ravage in 2389, he jumped at the opportunity, and convinced the Captain to bring Devi on in a similar capacity.

His personality is humorous and carefree on the surface, but his underlying strength of will, and sense of honor and dedication is unparalleled, and he is considered one of the best tactical pilots in Starfleet service.

------------
I hate writing bios; it feels like I'm trying to turn my notes into a story. Though I'm sure it's of some benefit to the other RPr's. :wink:
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Watch out, Rochey. I might take your title as laziest creative writer on here.
Pfft, good luck. I still havent' posted my bio yet. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:
Mikey wrote:Too bad. I was looking forward to calling you "Ziggy." (Big freaky cookie for the ref.)
I assume you are referring to Ziggy Stardust AKA David Bowie? God I'm only 21, I shouldnt know that.
That reminds me, the other day I was watching the TV guide channel when they had a spot from the new movie Space Chimps that went like this:

Ham: But I'm not an astronaut.
Titan: Are you wearing aluminium clothing?
Ham: Yes
Titan: Are you in a space ship?
Ham: Yes
Titan: Are you David Bowie?
Ham: uh...no
Titan: Then you are an astronaut.

Do you guys who know something more about David Bowie then that he's a singer, know what that was all about? :?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

One of his most famous songs is about space/astronauts.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Jonathan Hewer
Date of Birth: 17th June 2351
Role: Daystrom's XO

Family: father died in Cardassian war as a lieutenant, mother lives on earth with her grandchildren and daughters in law. Jonathan's 26 year old brother, Ryan, is currently a 4th year cadet undertaking field experience as an assistant doctor on the USS Pegasus, a Nova class ship. He joined the academy later, like Jonathan, after first going to university and gaining a degree in biochemistry. Jonathan's 28 year old brother, Liam, is the Daystrom's chief engineer, a Lieutenant who was promoted to his position after the previous chief engineer, Lieutenant Commander Seafort, took up assignment in Starfleet's research and development department.

Bio (Jonathan's): graduated university with a masters in theoretical physics in 2372. Graduated the academy in 2376 with distinctions in astrophysics and tactical analysis. After graduation, Jonathan had a two year stint onboard the USS Exeter as a tactical relief officer as an ensign. In 2378/79, he attended advanced tactical training, and was promoted to the rank of lieutenant J.G. upon graduating. Had served upon the USS Daystrom for 11 months before the Tholian incidents, and was then promoted to lieutenant. He served upon the Daystrom for a further 2 years before being offered the tactical position on the USS Sovereign. In 2384 he was promoted to lieutenant commander and offered the XO position on board a Nova Class, but declined, and served for a further 3 years on board the USS Sovereign. In 2387 he was again offered an XO position, on board a Steamrunner Class, accordingly with a promotion to commander. He this time accepted, and served for two years as the Steamrunner's XO. In 2389 he was contacted by his middle-brother, then lieutenant junior grade and assistant chief engineer of the USS Daystrom, notifying him of an opening coming up as the Daystrom's XO, and urged him to apply. Jonathan decided to take his brother's advice and was assigned as the Daystrom's second in command, under Captain La Forge. Captain La Forge was soon after, in 2390, offered the captaincy of the Galaxy Class USS Challenger and accepted. Captain W'Trisk was then offered the USS Daystrom and accepted.

Cadet 4th year Ryan Hewer: Jonathan's youngest brother, on 'field experience' as a medic onboard the Pegasus

Lieutenant Liam Hewer: Jonathan's middle-brother, the USS Daystrom's chief engineer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think the Bowie joke referred to some of the outfits he wore when he was using his Ziggy Stardust persona.

Interesting fact: Bowie has two different-colored eyes, one blue and one brown.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Huh, never knew that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

He had a condition which made the pigmentation in his eyes somewhat unstable. In a schoolboy fight, he got punched in the eye, and it turned color.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You learn something new everyday....
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

BTW - Reliant: The existing OC's I had on the Daystrom in the ops dept. are as follows:

Van Pelt - bridge ops
Friedman - general ops
Carson and Taylor - flight deck

I imagine Van Pelt would at least be a lt. j.g. by now; Friedman was probably on officer, Carson and Taylor were (I think) NCO's or crewmen. Use them if you like, or don't.
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

What spots are free on the Paladin? I wouldn't mind having a character over there.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

To my knowledge there isnt that many people on the Paladin at the moment. ONly me at Science, Rochey as fleet opps, and I think Mark as Tactical, I think maybe there are some NPC's someone made but I havent up dated that list yet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, you can take pretty much any position on the Paladin right now.