New RPG discussion.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm sure that with the proper......persuasion, we could 'acquire' ourselves a mothballed Starfleet ship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

And then be hunted by starfleet. Attacked by anyone who dislikes starfleet of mistakes us for starfleet. Yeah, I'd take a B'rel over those junkers anyways but to fly in one of those is like painting a huge sign on your back side and yelling kick me!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I dont think i would ever stop complaining about a B'rel. I dont particularly like Klingon ships but i, and don't ask me why, despise the B'rel. It always seemed so pathetic. I prefer i nice Comforting D'deridex.
Last edited by Reliant121 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh just great. Lets just keep adding the "Shot me, I'm with stupid" signs! :?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Oh for god sake we get the point. You dont want a Fed ship. Fine...It doesn't help that I would probably be more used to a Comfortable environment such as that of a Federation or Romulan ship. Or possibly a Vulcan design...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Who cares!? You are a merc! You take a balance between what you need, what you can afford and what you can get. Plus, you're a romulan, so you will never be happy.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

1. Leave Genetics out of it!
2. I DONT MIND A ROUGH, ANTIQUATED VESSEL BUT ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT WE CAN DO A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN A B'REL!!!!!!!!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Federation has had wars with neighbouring powers in the past. It stands to reason that some of their ships were captured during these wars. Therefore, we could simply purchase an older ship off of the Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians (especialy them, they need the money), etc.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So then pick a ship that would be better for us.

Its cheap
Can cloak
Has fair weapons for its size
Good speed
Long Range
Easy to maintain
Doesn't draw attention
Simple systems that don't require 150-IQ to work with.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Doesn't draw attention!! How often do you see Klingon Bird of Preys in the middle of Fed or neutral territory!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point. Given that we'll likely be sticking in Fed turf most of the time, having a ship that doesn't immediately gain the attention of everyone in the system would be a good idea.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Fed, not so often but the Klingons are well known for Operating outside of their borders and also the only people who can track them while cloaked is the fed or dominion.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes, they're known for operating ouside their borders, but a Klingon ship would immediately gain everyone's attention.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Any ship larger then a shuttle has to check in with the system control inside the UFP ever since the end of the Dominion war. Klingon ships are common enough that it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
Yes, they're known for operating ouside their borders, but a Klingon ship would immediately gain everyone's attention.
Thats what the cloak is for. Once you pass the border, you cloak and move on. Besides there's no profit inside the UFP. You are far better off in cardassian space where all of the ship wrecks are.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The Feds make both civilian ships and Starfleet ships of which sometimes find themselves on the market. And quite frankly I have never really had any evidence that the Starfleet designers are stupid or the starfleet ships are in any way bullseyes for people to automatically fire upon.