UCS Kororra

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

No, the shields are just as good :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: UCS Kororra

Post by Teaos »

Your new alien ship reminded me of a question I had awhile ago.

What is the protection ratio of shields to armour on your Coalition ships? Like are the hulls able to take much punishment or is it mostly on the shields? Or is it about even?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

For a Kororra class, it would take about 630 rounds from one of the ship's own Mark 21s to bring the shields down (that's about 5 minutes worth of firing). Penetrating the hull would take at least two direct hits on the same spot. You'd have to pepper the hull reasonably good to have good odds of hitting the same place twice (or just be at close range).
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

So the armour is pretty average at best.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yup. Armour is a "last line of defence" thing for the Coalition.