Worst Comic book Movie ever

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Worst Comic book Movie ever

Post by Praeothmin »

Batman & Robin, for the sheer stupidity, for Batgirl, for Bane, the guy that literally broke THE GODAMN BATMAN in the comics being reduced to the role of a goofy thug, FOR THE FUCKING BATLIPS... :madashell: :bangwall:

Nothing, not even the "plotless" Ang Lee Hulk beats this... :roll:

And I've never seen Tank Girl, but I'm sure it didn't take itself seriously, and wasn't following in the footsteps of two Tim Burton extravanganzas... :|
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'd have a hard time arguing that Batman & Robin took itself seriously either.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

They should have asked Tim Burton to do the rest of the sequels instead of Schumaker, he just ruined my favorite superhero of all time. T.B. did an excellent job because Batman is a dark and shadowy hero, whereas Schmuckmaker turned him into the '60s "na-na-na-na-BATMAAAAANN!" and "Holy green horny toads, Batman!" character, complete with stupid camera angles and neon lights and laser shows!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I still think the animated Batman "Mask of the Phantasm" is superior to all the live action movies.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

mwhittington wrote:They should have asked Tim Burton to do the rest of the sequels instead of Schumaker, he just ruined my favorite superhero of all time. T.B. did an excellent job because Batman is a dark and shadowy hero, whereas Schmuckmaker turned him into the '60s "na-na-na-na-BATMAAAAANN!" and "Holy green horny toads, Batman!" character, complete with stupid camera angles and neon lights and laser shows!
To be fair, Schumaker didn't want to do it that way. The studio insisted they were only going to pay for a light, happy, family Batman (light and Batman should never be in the same sentence).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

kostmayer wrote:I still think the animated Batman "Mask of the Phantasm" is superior to all the live action movies.
Ah, the Animated Series. The DCAU. Now that is how you adapt something!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

stitch626 wrote:
mwhittington wrote:They should have asked Tim Burton to do the rest of the sequels instead of Schumaker, he just ruined my favorite superhero of all time. T.B. did an excellent job because Batman is a dark and shadowy hero, whereas Schmuckmaker turned him into the '60s "na-na-na-na-BATMAAAAANN!" and "Holy green horny toads, Batman!" character, complete with stupid camera angles and neon lights and laser shows!
To be fair, Schumaker didn't want to do it that way. The studio insisted they were only going to pay for a light, happy, family Batman (light and Batman should never be in the same sentence).
Yep. The fucking producers are responsible for the light-hearted campiness that ruined the Batman movies. "Make it more family friendly" is the deathblow to movie franchises.

Although I think the Bat nipples were Joel Schumacher's design.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Okay, so it was the producers instead of Schumaker, and using Val Kilmer I can understand, sorta, but using George Clooney and Alicia Silverstone? Ugh. Although nobody could have done the Riddler better than Jim Carrey, and Schwartzenegger could have been much better as Dr. Freeze if it weren't for the stupid puns ("Now it's time to kick some ICE!").
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Schwarzenegger was awesome in spite of what he had to deal with.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.