Rogue Trader General Disscussion

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Rogue Trader?

Post by Aaron »

We'll need at least one Rogue Trader mind you, as the warrant holder. Most of the rest of the careers should have an equivalent or can be folded into one.

We could simply start at a higher level. Though RT characters start a little better then in DH IIRC (and oddly).
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Hmmm. Would it be possible to just segue our current mission in DH into this?
It was brought up in PM. It would be a way of allowing people to continue on with characters they like while giving others a fresh start if they wanted. It shouldn't be hard to say the Inq decided to put a mission on hold and let some people go.
Cpl Kendall wrote:Well if you bring them over as former Inquisition agents it might lend some drama.
Yeah, Enrick is good for drama. He likes to break people, they don't like to be broken and so we fight. DRAMA!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Though RT characters start a little better then in DH IIRC (and oddly).
Probably because it takes a lot more doing to build them up afterward.
Cpl Kendall wrote:We could simply start at a higher level.
You mean, make new RT characters, just start them equivalent to where DH left us off? That could work, we just give them the same histories/descriptions/names. That said, I think I might roll new for this one.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well I have a plan to segue the Inq dudes into the RT game that doesn't disrupt things much, you just won't start from the beginning.
You mean, make new RT characters, just start them equivalent to where DH left us off? That could work, we just give them the same histories/descriptions/names. That said, I think I might roll new for this one.
Aye, I'm thinking my guy may be a priest.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I was leaning toward seneschal, but I'm indecisive. I could go with whatever the party needs if that doesn't fit.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So we're a go then? How does an Ogryn fit into this? Maybe I can reclass him as an armed forklift or something...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

We'll have some house troops and assorted bullet sponges, plenty of room for an Ogryn in there. A good spot would be the Rogue Traders bodyguard, whoever picks that path.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:So we're a go then? How does an Ogryn fit into this? Maybe I can reclass him as an armed forklift or something...
Well there seems enough interest.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Bodyguard, he's always a bodyguard... :lol:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well now he can be one officially. :lol:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Got to say, I love the starting gear for the Arch-Militant. Enforcer Carapace Armor to start is very nice! Though the Hellgun is a step down in damage for both of my characters but a step up in AP. Tough call really...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

AP=Good, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

If anyone wants to work up a character, feel free. I'm going to work up a Missionary (a drunken, foul mouthed one at that) just to see how it works out.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm going to wait to see what we need - obviously, there are certain characters that we can't operate without (the trader, a navigator, astropath.) If nobody picks the "necessary" characters, are you gonna NPC them?

I was looking a little more at the differences, and it seems hard to translate a character from DH to RT... a given amount of XP is worth a lot more in DH than it is in RT. Like I said it takes 7000 XP to get to rank 2 in RT (vs. 2000 in DH,) and there are talents on the advance schemes in RT that cost 500 XP apiece. I think an easier and less destructive thing for Deep would be just to create a new Enrick according to the RT process, and just fudge or fix anything that doesn't agree with the backstory or character concept that already exists.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I looked over a RT rulebook in the store a while ago. The wealth system I like (having to scrounge to buy bolts for my weapon when I'm an agent of the Inquisition always seemed idiotic) and I liked the additions of things like Twin-Linked and Storm weapons as well as SP guns not being so damned superior to energy weapons.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The only issue I have with the wealth system is that it requires the players and GM not to be idiots. Shouldn't be too much of an issue for us (I hope,) but there are times when the search for a particular item should involve more than just shopping by the book, or when it's better for the narrative to have the party go without.
as Bull offed Custer