Adeptus Astartes: Deathwatch

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Adeptus Astartes: Deathwatch

Post by Deepcrush »

Cyrus waved off the Space Wolf like a shameful dog. "Because that would defeat our purpose. We do that and all they can think of is that we attacked them. If we drive them into a killing frenzy on the planet they'll start killing each other."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"We're going to be inside the keep," Zirk commented. "No need to worry about bringing down the whole encampment, we just need enough time to reach the exfiltration craft."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mithras considered the map. "If we drop a torpedo on the path up it might stop them but it will give them a focus for their anger. A quick decapitation with minimal interaction between us and the encampment is the least likely to give them a focus though. How deep are the caverns, will the trip in be long enough for the hordes in the valley to matter?"

Antonia shook her head, "Unknown. The reconnaissance team was unable to penetrate the fortress."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Mm-hmm," Zirk grunted in agreement. "Get in, get done, get ghost."
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"Seems a wise plan. Search, destroy, leave before they destroy us."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"I still don't like leaving that road open." Hati commented. "It's a recipe for disaster. We've no idea how deep the caverns are. So we've no idea how long it would take us to find and kill the Greenskin leaders. By the time we've done that, reinforcements may well have arrived. I suggest a different approach." He paused, glancing over at Zirk. "Zirk here and I should split off from the main group prior to the attack. He can set up a trap to bring down the mountain while I cover him. Once the trap's set, I'll find somewhere where I can observe the surroundings while the rest of you begin the attack. I'm more use outside than stuck wandering around some damned tunnels anyway. When word gets out - and I'm sure it will - of the attack on the fortress, the entire encampment will start moving towards the fortress. Once the army is in place I'll bring the mountain down on top of those in front, blocking the path and preventing the rest from reaching us. I can deal with any who managed to slip through myself easily enough. Once that's done I'll move to the extraction zone and take up position to cover the withdrawl."

Hati paused, considering his own words. He was sure that he'd covered everything. The path would be blocked, the EZ would be clear and the withdrawl would have cover.

"Any objections?" He asked, looking around at the others.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"I have no objection to the plan. Only the person who the plan calls for. You are not armed for such a mission as holding back the green tide." Cyrus' armored fingers pointed to his markings. "Such is my path in battle. So stands the Codex Astartes."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hati grinned. "You misunderstand me. My job won't be to take on the green tide. Merely to delay it. Once Zirk here plants the bomb, he and the rest of you will be gin the assault. I shall find somewhere from where I can observe the pass. As soon as the greenskins begin moving towards the fortress, I'll bring the mountain down. That will prevent any reinforcements from reaching the fortress, leaving the rest of you free from the worry of being trapped inside. Once that's done I'll move to a location where I can watch the extraction zone. Once you have completed your mission and are on the way to the EP, vox me. I'll clear our escape route of any sentries and ensure you all have a safe route to the shuttle."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cyrus considered all the things about him. The map, the Wolf snipers plan and faith in it. If the Wolf is sure he can complete his mission. Then I'll not doubt him. Astartes stand by Astartes, so say the Codex. Pointing to the map of the mountain. "I understand you brother. Then I would recommend you also take several extra fragmentation explosives and string trip wires along the path. Both in front of and behind the point of rock fall." Cyrus' out reached arm traced the path of the Orks. "Along these switchbacks your explosives would create more rage and confusion among the Orks. Only to be stopped by a massive rock slide. As we all know, when Orks are denied their blood lust, they will turn on the nearest target, even each other." Cyrus stepped back to allow all to consider. "We will cut off the head of the beast and drive them into a frenzy! The Emperor will be pleased."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I like it," Mithras said. "It makes the best use of our forces and gives us the best chance at a clean extraction. Those coming up won't know what's happening. They're blood lust will be up but they'll be denied any target but each other. The most effective weapon against the greenskins is themselves."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1502 Day One:

"Agreed, it is a good plan my brother."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1503 Day 1 Antonia

"Then it would appear we have a plan," Antonia said. "Unless anyone has anything else to add?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1503 - "Mmm," Zirk commented. "Keep my channel handy, Wolf Scout. If you get in the shit, I'll be able to reach you the fastest."
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"My thanks." Hati nodded.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cyrus slammed slammed his hands together. "Right then! To arms and battle! But first, we eat."