Chem Dogs: Escape From Dust

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Chem Dogs: Escape From Dust

Post by Lighthawk »

"Hilda," the arbites introduced herself. She made her way over to to bike. "How long, there and back, do you figure?" she asked.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"Two hours, give or take," Stranga answers, "more if you run into locals."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1310, day 1

"We'd better get moving then," Hilda says. She looks over at Intias. "I assume you'll head more or less straight for the port?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Of course, as quickly as we can."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1310 Day One:

As Hilda climbs into the bikes sidecar, Stranga fishes in the back compartment and comes back with a pair of dust googles, handing them over to the Arbites.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Hilda gave a nod and a grunt, taking the goggles and slipping them on. "Drive."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1310-1420 Day Three:

Zenthia doesn't reply, she just reaches down by her leg and pulls a lever. Hilda feels a clunk like a gear engaging before the Chem Dog fires up the engine, gunning it and squealing the tires before the bike shoots off towards the landing field.

The drive is boring and bumpy, the bikes suspension is hard and unforgiving but the sidecar seat is surprisingly comfortable. The scenery is mostly the same, long low buildings covered in rust coloured dust, some of the doors are crumpled and scorched and there are signs that rioting took place. Twice Zenthia has to divert around hasty roadblocks surrounded by smashed bottles.

The last ten minutes of the journey the scenery changes to that of large hangers and burned out husks of shuttle craft, the tall spire of a control tower visible the last few minutes. Zenthia makes for it and eventually pulls up beside the tower door.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Alright, form up," Intias said as the bike sped off. "Names and specialties on the double, we need to get moving."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1320 Day One:

Stranga slings her shotgun with a sigh and falls in before the Commissar, at something resembling the position of attention.

"Stranga! Rough Rider!" She barks out.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Buck and Boar stepped forward. "I Buck Org! I break t'ings fo da Em'per!" "I Boar Org! I smash t'ings fo da Em'per!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Not surprising," Intias said. "Do we have any snipers or scouts?"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Hilda
1310-1420 Day Three

Hilda said nothing during the trip, merely kept her eye open and watchful and let the rough rider pick the way.

Upon reaching the tower, she climbed out of the side car, flamer ready, and made her way to the nearest door and gave it a try.

Hak

"Hak, ma'am!" the chem dog said with a salute. "I ain't got no specialities but for killing what needs to be dead, but if ya'll like, I can go for a run and come back n tell ya what's on up ahead."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1420 Day One:

Hilda finds the door to the control tower unlocked and upon stepping inside discovers a small vox station with chair off in the corner and a set of stairs winding it's way up.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1321, Day One

Lirk repeated the caricature of a salute he'd performed earlier, and announced in a voice like a PA, "Lirk Vostrod, sarge of Savlar awks-il-a." He lowered his voice a bit and added with all seriousness and pride, "Lirk is a BONE'ead!"

Crank, meanwhile, took his time forming up and said nothing until the commissar asked about snipers. At that, he answered, "Carn Zekro, Bravo Spec Squad, 254th 'Dogs - but you can call me 'Crank,' you tall drink of commissar water. I was[/] a sniper until my longlas got gakked under a pile of rubble."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Jastilus," the redheaded trooper said from the back of the group. "No specialty, just a grunt."

Intias looked over the group. "Alright, let's get moving. All the 'Dogs in one group, Lirk, you and the ogryn with me. Bounding overwatch. Lets get a move on before the locals come looking for us."