USS Daystrom Stats

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Can't wait - I've already got some ideas rattling around on how to kick some things off - at least from the point of view of the ops station...

Two suggestions - do with as you will:

1 - Although it might detract SLIGHTLY from the feel of things, I suggest using the profile names for everybody, rather than addressing people by rank - it will make things much easier, since we can't "see" who each other is speaking to.

2 - use one thread or the other separately for comments and questions outside the game universe. I believe that will keep the game thread more intact and MUCH easier to read for folks logging in and getting up to speed.

On a personal note, I'm playing an Andorian - a species which, considering their place in Federation history, about which we know relatively little. Games like this are far more rewarding when characters are played faithfully, so please - nobody take offense by something I say or do in the interests of acting in character. If I want to offend anyone, I will do it directly and in the outside-universe thread. :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I fully agree, a thread should be for in character only, use PM's or another thread to speak in other terms.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yes the game thread will be for In Character only a maybe a very short authors note at the bottom. Any questions can go in the sign in thread and admendments to the rules or stats go in here.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos - send me a PM when the game thread is up - I want to dive right in! BTW, feel free to let me know if I'm spending too much space on the "RP" instead of the "G."
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Will do. But I intended this to be more RP than G anyway. The ship combat threads can fill the desire anyone here has to blow shit up. The more time people spend on character development and the such the better. If I feel its getting to stagnant I will move the plot along.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That is music to my... er... eyes(?)
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i made us a picture :)

this is the full pic... i posted the wallpaper versions in the wallpaper thread... they are less compressed, slightly smaller, in the appropriate proportions..

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok so we're off. I've posted the story thread which is for in character ONLY Post general chat about it in the sign in and any modifications or changes you want in here.

The ship is stationed on the boarder of Federation and Tholian space. I suggest everyone go to the main DITL page and look at the 2373 map in the politics section. The Madox defense group patrols the area of space that runs from were Federation and Tholian space meet at the bottom to were it curves around at the top. We are stationed about 2/3's of the way down it near wear Federation space curves in to tholian space a bit.

We will be around the starbase for a few days so everyone gets a chance to post and get into it. Then I'll launch us on Sunday probably.

T-12 is a latter style spacedock style starbase and the staging area for the whole sector of space and Defense group Madox. There are 16 other stations spread along the line. They are far smaller kind of like an orbital offices but with more weapons and repair facilities along with sensors.

Any questions?

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

she's a beauty, Dark. Does 77127 have any significance?
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Nope... its arbitrary... if anyone can think up a better one, it wouldnt be that hard to change in the pic, i still have the .psd
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have another idea for ship's motto -

"Do unto others before they can do unto you."
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

We get a few more ideas and I'll start a poll to decide.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Here's a motto idea-

To find knowledge, to defend truth.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Illegitimi non carborundum - appropriate for a warship, especially one on the boarder of a species with rather rocky relations with the Feds.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

LOL! Love it, Seafort!
as Bull offed Custer