New RP Discussion

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: RP characters

Post by Monroe »

Well I want to use a video game mechanics. So we just pick something that the majority of people have yet is cheap enough new people could buy. And hell the GM could make up a world.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Mmmmm, morels...
We don't have those here.

Oh, wait, you said morels...

As far as fantasy setting... I'd go with Shirley Manson in the schoolgirl outfit she wore at the VMA's one year...
I'm sorry, where was I?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Post by Phantom Renegade »

Mikey wrote:I think the universe is really secondary to the game system.

PR - yeah, I'm with Tsu. What kind of master swordsman is there in 'Trek - and what exactly would that accomplish in ship-to-ship fighting?
Maybe a ship designed specifically for boarding an enemy vessel? An enemy vessel is worth more intact then destroyed. Since we seem to be leaning towards SW I guess a ship with a ton of Ion cannon power. Just been watching an anime called One Piece lately and one of the characters is a swordsman known for using a triple sword technique. But if it proves impractical I guess I'll just save the character design for another time.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

In a SW RP, there'd be plenty of room for a swordsman-type character. Me, I'm sticking with my trusty blaster. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"I've been from one end of this galaxy to the other..."

Sorry.
as Bull offed Custer
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:In a SW RP, there'd be plenty of room for a swordsman-type character. Me, I'm sticking with my trusty blaster. :wink:
Well, if we do a Star Trek RP I think I can come up with a well-balance swordsman-type character but a SW swordsman would be a lot easier.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It seems that we are leaning to SW. Sword based characters could be Jedi, Dark Jedi, sith, Gray Jedi, Jensaarai, Imperial Knight or Noghri. Thats all I can think of for now. All of which can be ship bound and serve in fleet matters.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:In a SW RP, there'd be plenty of room for a swordsman-type character. Me, I'm sticking with my trusty blaster. :wink:
Depends on the time the Star Wars RP takes place.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:It seems that we are leaning to SW. Sword based characters could be Jedi, Dark Jedi, sith, Gray Jedi, Jensaarai, Imperial Knight or Noghri. Thats all I can think of for now. All of which can be ship bound and serve in fleet matters.
I think Grey Jedi is relativly close to how I'd be. And they aren't limited to a specific era like some of the others.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Then you would have to figure on what you would be doing in the RP. I would be making up missions of different sizes and values. Your Gray Jedi would be a free lance so you could go anywhere and do anything.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I think this has promise. Nice work, Deep.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Then you would have to figure on what you would be doing in the RP. I would be making up missions of different sizes and values. Your Gray Jedi would be a free lance so you could go anywhere and do anything.
I'll work for the highest bidder of course :Nerd:
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

What if we were to let all of us be plunged into the unknown and take somehting rather obscure, or design our own universe/ hell, I can even imagining us 'invading' coalitionverse, which our administrator thought up.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

shran wrote:...hell, I can even imagining us 'invading' coalitionverse, which our administrator thought up.
They'd stomp our collective asses. :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wait a minnim. PR is talking about his Errol-Flynn-in-space character, but I thought the gist of this was to play as ships, meybe even eventually task groups if we're succesful enough.
as Bull offed Custer