Droids in Star Wars

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Droids in Star Wars

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds like something my Grandfather would do. In fact, he did. To my mom and both uncles. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Our science teacher use to have a wooden stick with an eye drawn on with felt tip pen. It was called Proffessor Moriarty. Used to have great fun chasing us round the class room with it :)

He was only evey playing, but I can't see that happening in school these days.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You mean, to hit you with? :shock:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Heh, nah, he never hit us with it.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that electicity thing sounds like another story of my dads, when he was my age he used to go out on the family farm for a few weeks in the summer, and to wake him up, my great-grandfather would pull him out of bed, and march him up to the edge of the property where he had an electric fence, then, since my dad was still half asleep and not paying atention, he'd grab my dad's arm first then the electric fence with the other hand so it'd zap my dad.

One time, after several years, my dad finally got him back, he knew it was comming and got himself ready so when gg grabbed the fence he didn't move as if the fence wasn't working, so my great grandpa let go of my dad to see what was up with the fence and got zapped himself. :D

or I could tell you about the lazy hired farm hand that had to take a pis, but I'll let you think about that one :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Lt. Staplic wrote:or I could tell you about the lazy hired farm hand that had to take a pis, but I'll let you think about that one
Hopefully it killed him, or at least sterilized him, so he couldn't pass on the "bonehead" gene.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Rochey wrote:Basicaly, sentience is just the ability to experience things; something any animal can do.
Sapience is used to describe creatures that can perform higher reasoning, like humans.

Course, this leads to the famously stupid phrase that pops up in all sci-fi: "there's sentient life on that planet". What they mean is that there's sapient life on that planet.
It's also why we're called Homo Sapiens.
Really? Now I feel pretty dumb. I thought sentient meant the definition of sapient. Urgh, thanks for the clear-up.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mikey wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:or I could tell you about the lazy hired farm hand that had to take a pis, but I'll let you think about that one
Hopefully it killed him, or at least sterilized him, so he couldn't pass on the "bonehead" gene.
well let's say pissing into a thicket where three electric fences come together is going to sting a little bit. :wink:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm suburban born and bred, but I find it pretty difficult to believe that on a farm this guy couldn't find anywhere to pee besides on an electric fence. I was always under the impression that the total land area on a farm had a pretty high "fence isn't exactly right here" to "here's the fence on this spot" ratio.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:I'm suburban born and bred, but I find it pretty difficult to believe that on a farm this guy couldn't find anywhere to pee besides on an electric fence. I was always under the impression that the total land area on a farm had a pretty high "fence isn't exactly right here" to "here's the fence on this spot" ratio.
I swear Mythbusters busted the fence peeing one...

But yeah, a farm usually has a lot of empty space. Then again, guys seem to have a need to piss on something when they go.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm suburban born and bred, but I find it pretty difficult to believe that on a farm this guy couldn't find anywhere to pee besides on an electric fence. I was always under the impression that the total land area on a farm had a pretty high "fence isn't exactly right here" to "here's the fence on this spot" ratio.
I swear Mythbusters busted the fence peeing one...

But yeah, a farm usually has a lot of empty space. Then again, guys seem to have a need to piss on something when they go.
They did. I have the episode on DVD. Or is it the third rail one...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
They did. I have the episode on DVD. Or is it the third rail one...
Pretty sure that they did both.

Oh...you meant which one you had. :oops:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well it probably didn't help that my great grandfather, the same one from the other story, told him to go piss there. He was kind of mad at him :happydevil:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Now I wish the guy had gotten kicked in the head by a large stock animal. Did he really think it normal that his boss was directing him specifically where to piss outdoors?
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

wow way off topic lol
Droids in Star Wars are also limited legally because of the droids revolt around 4000 BBY.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-