Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Borg VS the Phase Pistol

Post by Teaos »

Borg, they have range and intimidation.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How do they have range? They don't use guns.
And as far as intimidation goes, I'd say a tribe of Germanic barbarians is far more scary than a bunch of plodding Borg.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Borg have personal phasers.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Eh? Where did we see them use them?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Eh? Where did we see them use them?
Descent - Lore's Borg were far more competent than the average plodding cannon-fodder.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sorry, allow me to clarify:
When have we ever seen Borg that are still part of the collective use guns?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Sorry, allow me to clarify:
When have we ever seen Borg that are still part of the collective use guns?
Do ship-to-ship weapons count?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

No.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Spartans would make mince of the Borg, as would Centurions. Watch 300, and picture Borg ambling up to a formation like that... :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do ship-to-ship weapons count?
Since my scenario specified Borg Drones on the ground with no cap-ship support, what do you think?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Romans by a mile. The Borg would zombie-walk right into the thrown pila, which would have essentially the same effect as against the Romans' traditional opponents' hand-held shields - IF a drone wasn't killed or incapacitated outright by the pilum, the iron neck would bend (just like in a shield) in the black rubbery bodyglove bits and the haft would drag along, hampering movement even further. The heavier, hand-to-hand model pila would then allow the Romans to continue the slaughter while keeping the Borg past arm's length. If there were a few drones left, a legionnaire's gladius would have the same effect as Worf's mekleth.

Now, that's just figuring regulars of the legion. Add a few centurions, and the Borg are up sh*t's creek without a paddle.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

what about A shogunite force? Or early medieval chinese/japanese gunpowder artillery?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Complete massacre. Old artillery cannons V Borg zombies? Ouch.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If the borg bothered to use Ranged weapons while still attached to the collective then there may have been a little more chance.

unfortunately, the collective isnt as intelligent as Lore was.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hell, even cavemen grasped the concept and usefulness of "pick up big rock, throw big rock at enemy".