Just started Dr. Who

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Just started Dr. Who

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Who has a long history of destroying every last Dalek... and then having them pop up from some convenient plot hole later on.
New Who has. The old one only wiped them out perminently twice, and they at least intended it to be final.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:Really? It gets better? Because I was turned off after 1 or 2 S1 eps of Torchwood.
Yeah I've only seen the first two episodes of Torchwood I didn't think the second one was that bad. But I'm shameless enough to admit the lesbian make out session totally made it a lot better.

Started Season 4 of the new Dr. Who (season 31? :P). I'm rather disasppointed he's taking Donna. Talk about a useless idiot of a companion.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Monroe wrote:Started Season 4 of the new Dr. Who (season 31? :P).
Series 30.
I'm rather disasppointed he's taking Donna. Talk about a useless idiot of a companion.
She's alright - a sight more useful than Martha, and less fawning than Rose. She certainly isn't the best companion, but she's nowhere near the worse.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Monroe wrote:
Mikey wrote:Really? It gets better? Because I was turned off after 1 or 2 S1 eps of Torchwood.
Yeah I've only seen the first two episodes of Torchwood I didn't think the second one was that bad. But I'm shameless enough to admit the lesbian make out session totally made it a lot better.

Started Season 4 of the new Dr. Who (season 31? :P). I'm rather disasppointed he's taking Donna. Talk about a useless idiot of a companion.
Donna will grow on you.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Really? I liked Martha. She was intelligent and training to be a doctor.

I'm not sure I want Donna to grow on me. She doesn't know where Germany is!
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Monroe wrote:Really? I liked Martha. She was intelligent and training to be a doctor.

I'm not sure I want Donna to grow on me. She doesn't know where Germany is!
Watch the next episode, that will change your mind a little, as will the one after and the one after.... :)
email, ergo spam
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Dalek was a great episode, but strangely the Dalek itself wasn't close to being the best thing about it.

And Blink is one of the best episodes - Sally Sparrow for companion!
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:And Blink is one of the best episodes - Sally Sparrow for companion!
Sal was decent, but it was the statues that made that episode for me - it was the first time in the new series that I got that genuine "dive behind the sofa" tingle up my spine.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was definitely one of, if not the, best episodes of the new series, IMO.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:That was definitely one of, if not the, best episodes of the new series, IMO.
In my book it's second, right behind Utopia.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That one was very good, too.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

kostmayer wrote:And Blink is one of the best episodes
If I remember correctly its the guy who wrote Blink is going to be the new full time writer for the show. If thats the case then we have a bright future to look forward to.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, Moffit. Hopefully he can bring DW back to greatness again.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I'm afraid to get my hopes up though, I had such high hopes when who restarted. All episodes can't be as good as blink I know but please don't base them all in modern day england. i loved the old eps (it was obviously a quarry in wales or somewhere but at least it was different)

I just watched Tomb of the Cybermen with Patrick Troughton in it, effects rubbish but cracking story.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

colmquinn wrote:I just watched Tomb of the Cybermen with Patrick Troughton in it, effects rubbish but cracking story.
Ah yes, that's a good one - the best Troughton serial I've seen, and one of the best of all the Doctors.