Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Should we use the weapons and tech like lasers etc or phase cannons etc?

Lasers, Spatial atomic torpedoes, Superconductive armour
53%
Phase cannons, Photonic torpedoes and Polarized hull plating
47%

Total votes: 15
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Cpl Kendall wrote:They managed to assemble a further two out of...what? I get that they had one dissembled on board but where did they get the parts for the other two, the replicator that they didn't have?
Or maybe the industrial replicator they had made out of spare transporter parts? ;-)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Tsukiyumi wrote:This isn't going very well so far. :?

Like I said in the other thread, maybe we can come up with some reason that lasers became the primary weapons at this point (what year are we going for here, anyways?), and "phase" technology fell by the wayside. I like Blackstar's logistical reason, but the Phase Cannons seemed absurdly easy to assemble and install...
Well, if the weapons in "The Cage" were lasers, even though there are indications in TOS itself that, that has been retconned, that lasers are for some reason more advanced then phase weapons and thus wouldn't be appropriate for an ENT-era ship.

Although the phase cannon's ease of construction could also be explained. If they were going to be installed eventually anyway it would make sense that there were spare parts on board or something that they used to scrap together the first three phase cannons.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think they explained it in the show. The slots for the cannons were built with the ship as they were working on the design (though that's a big gamble to make). Before they had them installed am I right to remember that they just had spatial torpedoes?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:I think they explained it in the show. The slots for the cannons were built with the ship as they were working on the design (though that's a big gamble to make). Before they had them installed am I right to remember that they just had spatial torpedoes?
They also had plasma cannons in the first episode. But I guess they ran out of ammo or something. :?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
They were actually compressed inside the stick that was up T'pol's ass.
:lol: That's pure gold dude!
I think they explained it in the show. The slots for the cannons were built with the ship as they were working on the design (though that's a big gamble to make). Before they had them installed am I right to remember that they just had spatial torpedoes?
They had one cannon (a prototype) on board and they built the other two from scratch. Out of what, I don't know. Apparently even though they left spacedock before the ship was able to fully fit out, they had enough spare parts to build two complex weapons.

Perhaps they can recyle their shit into machine/electronic parts ala their boots.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
They also had plasma cannons in the first episode. But I guess they ran out of ammo or something. :?
I spent a good couple episodes wondering WTF happened to those. I figured Archer dismantled them to turn into a vibe for Hoshi (so she could unwind from the deflector stressing her out).
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
I spent a good couple episodes wondering WTF happened to those. I figured Archer dismantled them to turn into a vibe for Hoshi (so she could unwind from the deflector stressing her out).
Strange I don't remember those at all!
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
lol. He could have done that with a spare PS2 controller(I know from experience).
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
Strange I don't remember those at all!
Check it out:

This is the only screenshot Trekcore had of it. They fired off a few rounds when they went down into the gas giant from the front dorsal part of the saucer and we never saw it again.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
lol. He could have done that with a spare PS2 controller(I know from experience).
It's Trek dude, no entertainment methods after 1950 exist! :wink:

Seriously though, I'm sure the communicator has a vibrate function.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh I remember that now. Maybe they disassembled it to make the phase cannons?

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:Oh I remember that now. Maybe they disassembled it to make the phase cannons?
I think that adds new meaning to "plug and play", at any rate we never hear of them again and you'd think Archer would have used them in Silent Enemy after the torpedoes proved ineffective.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:Oh I remember that now. Maybe they disassembled it to make the phase cannons?
I think that adds new meaning to "plug and play", at any rate we never hear of them again and you'd think Archer would have used them in Silent Enemy after the torpedoes proved ineffective.
Well, if they are Plasma Cannons then they may need a specific type of Plasma that the NX-01 couldn't reproduce on it's own. We know from one of Voyager's episodes that there are different types or grades or whatever(the one where B'Ellana fixed the robot and the Warp Plasma was more energetic then his normal plasma.) So I'm figuring that whatever powered the plasma cannons was limited and difficult to replace. The Phase cannons on the other hand seem to feed directly off the ship's main power systems which probably made them the prefered weapon, even when they had a chance to 'reload'. They probably even removed the plasma cannons after the phase cannons proved reliable.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

So they only had enough to fire four-six rounds? Sounds like Reed needs a court-martial.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:So they only had enough to fire four-six rounds? Sounds like Reed needs a court-martial.
Maybe it was experimental or something and it didn't work out. Or the rest of the ammunition wouldn't be delivered till Tuesday