Would you go on the adventure of a lifetime?

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Would you go on the adventure of a lifetime?

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:I have to agree with Kendall on this one. It's not really "the adventure of a lifetime," it's rather "the adventure to avoid a life." I actually tried that a while back through the use of various recreational pharmaceuticals, and I prefer living my life rather than dodging it.

Besides, I can be just as smarmy and sarcastic as the Doctor, and I'd just end up punching him in the mouth sooner or later.
Yeah, really a trip with the Doctor and I would just turn into Thunderdome: TARDIS Edition.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

katefan wrote:
You would give up seeing the creation of the Universe or the death of Earth for a cat? I'll never understand pets :P
No, I would give up seeing the creation of the Universe or the death of Earth for two cats. ;)

Rantan and Babooshka. Aren't they cuuuuuute!

You aren't meant to understand pets, you are meant to serve them.
yeah I guess Martha left cause she liked the Doctor but she wasn't very mentally stable with relationships. I mean she expressed deep feelings for him immediately. She then moved on like as soon as she left cause she was engaged within a few months.
I think we have our crazy cat lady
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:I think we have our crazy cat lady
Says the person obsessed with gender pronouns. Katefan is a guy; he's said so several times now.

So please, get it right: Crazy cat guy... :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Is anyone else here amused by the fact that the member of our board who's obsessive over people using the correct gender pronouns got someone else's gender mixed up?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Is anyone else here amused by the fact that the member of our board who's obsessive over people using the correct gender pronouns got someone else's gender mixed up?
That was on purpose, as a joke. Because you always hear about the "crazy cat lady", but he's a guy which is why it was funny. I was actually expecting to point out that Chakats are cat-like.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Except.....they aren't.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Rochey wrote:Is anyone else here amused by the fact that the member of our board who's obsessive over people using the correct gender pronouns got someone else's gender mixed up?
That was on purpose, as a joke. Because you always hear about the "crazy cat lady", but he's a guy which is why it was funny. I was actually expecting to point out that Chakats are cat-like.
Perhaps superficially. But with all the other amazingly huge differences, I'd call the facial resemblance convergent evolution more than anything else.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The thing about adventuring with the Doctor is that since he has a time machine, you could easily spend a few years travelling and then have him drop you off 10 minutes after you left. Your life doesn't have to suffer!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:The thing about adventuring with the Doctor is that since he has a time machine, you could easily spend a few years travelling and then have him drop you off 10 minutes after you left. Your life doesn't have to suffer!
That's the theory. Given the Tardis' track record on reliability it's not a theory I'd like to test.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Perhaps superficially. But with all the other amazingly huge differences, I'd call the facial resemblance convergent evolution more than anything else.
Actually Chakats were genetically engineered, not evolved.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:The thing about adventuring with the Doctor is that since he has a time machine, you could easily spend a few years travelling and then have him drop you off 10 minutes after you left. Your life doesn't have to suffer!
That's the theory. Given the Tardis' track record on reliability it's not a theory I'd like to test.
One of the interesting things about the new series is that the Tardis seems to be far more reliable than it ever used to be. He missed by a year when he took Rose home the first time, but for the most part he hits what he aims at. In the past there were cases of companions who desperately wanted to go home, and took years (subjective) to manage it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
One of the interesting things about the new series is that the Tardis seems to be far more reliable than it ever used to be. He missed by a year when he took Rose home the first time, but for the most part he hits what he aims at. In the past there were cases of companions who desperately wanted to go home, and took years (subjective) to manage it.
Wow...it was even more unreliable? I suppose it had even more trouble with actually flying too.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:One of the interesting things about the new series is that the Tardis seems to be far more reliable than it ever used to be. He missed by a year when he took Rose home the first time, but for the most part he hits what he aims at. In the past there were cases of companions who desperately wanted to go home, and took years (subjective) to manage it.
It was generally a lot more reliable after "The Three Doctors", although with plenty of hiccups. The new series simply seems to be following that pattern.
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Wow...it was even more unreliable? I suppose it had even more trouble with actually flying too.
For the first decade of the programme, piloting the Tardis was very much a case of "press go and wonder where you'll end up". It wasn't untill after the events of "The Three Doctors" that the Doctor was able to exert a modicum of control over the thing.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Actually Chakats were genetically engineered, not evolved.
So you're providing your own evidence of the fact that they're not felines?

As far as the TARDIS - I'm not up on the new 'Who - is it still unable to become anything other than a phone booth?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Fact that TARDIS was able to pull Earth millions of lightyears smoothly shows that its gotten a lot better. Now granted he had six pilots but he's still getting better.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-