Gamma Mission Prep

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Gamma Mission Prep

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well if we did that then Mark is actually thinking something like gamma mission 1 and 2, 1 ends in failure as most of our ships go up in smoke, then round 2 is an new one where we re-ammass our ships to go after them again.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:...something like gamma mission 1 and 2, 1 ends in failure as most of our ships go up in smoke, then round 2 is an new one where we re-ammass our ships to go after them again.
Right. Maybe a somewhat desperate message from the other side of the wormhole after we retreat.

Hey, even if we want to win this one, then we think we've defeated the splinter group and go home, only to get the same message.

However everyone wants to play it; I just think Mark is onto something there.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Excellent, you guys are completely on the same train of thought as me. Here's what I'm seeing...........

We return to base with this failure and try to plot our next move. While at our base, we get attacked by the rebel forces with include the new baddies, an uprated version of the Jem'Hadar (granted Mikey, you have a point about the Jemmies, but at the same time a competent individual can match a Jem'Hadar one on one as portrayed in DS9). Tsuki's got my idea quite well. Phasers work, but aren't very effective as if you risk rupturing the hull if you turn up the juice enough to score a one shot kill. I see them as resistant, or armored with that same tech as those fellows in the Task episode.

I mean, the good guys usually win, but not in this case. We get CURBSTOMPED. We lose most of our ships, and others get crippled (right now I'd see losing all the Klingons, all but Reliant's ship for the Romulans, definitely the base and maybe the Valkyrie and the Ravage as well, of course with all characters escaping. Mikey, if you wanted to lose the Daystrom as well, it would be a perfect time to get a Daystrom-A)

Broken, bleeding, and with no way to complete our mission, but with the new intelligence on these new soldiers, we flee back to the AQ with our tails tucked between our legs. Mission End.

Gamma Mission (The Return)

Six Months later. The Dominion proper is reeling. They now formally request the assistance of the allied powers in the AQ. We return with a larger fleet. I'd say several more ships and each of us have more than one character so playing "Captains" wouldn't be a problem for RP purposes. This time we set up a formal "beachhead" with a well armed Starbase. The Dominion is barely holding them in a stalemate but slowly getting pushed back, and it's up to us to help end this civil war.

Anyway, that is me taking all our input and running with it.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I like that idea.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I missed a fair bit of this, but I am certainly back for the moment.

I like it. I really like it. Such a hotbead for development, such a great way of showing what each individual writer can come up with. It gives us all a chance to develop and change, maybe characters can get injured really badly or have some sort of mental breakdown during the crisis. For example, D'Tyra could have sparks shower in her face and her eye is left blind. Mentally she could become cold and heartless. The potential for changes and developments is....frankly so huge that personally I think the reasons against are heavily outweighed.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Reliant, next time we're both on MSN we should get busy writing Part 2
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Looking back at the idea, I'm thinking maybe only the Paladin has the firepower and muscle to NOT get TOO badly damaged (to show her resiliency)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yeah, thats probably true. The Romulans will drop like flies, the Klingons will WASTE themselves like lemmings....
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Looking back at the idea, I'm thinking maybe only the Paladin has the firepower and muscle to NOT get TOO badly damaged (to show her resiliency)
Reliant121 wrote:Yeah, thats probably true. The Romulans will drop like flies, the Klingons will WASTE themselves like lemmings....
And the Ravage (depending on how Mark, Tsuki, Uzume and myself are feeling) can either sacrifice itself heroically (w/ light casualties due to Plot Shielding) or return with massive battle damage on a nacelle and a prayer w/ "the energizer crisscrossed like a christmas tree" and such, or perhaps enough damage to take atleast 8 weeks to repair but our engineer will promise to have it done in two. {cookies for the references}
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'd have hoped that the Daystrom would be able to limp home... but maybe it would be fitting to have just enough of her left to hang in the new ready room...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Maybe have the Paladin, and what ever other ships we have survive sweep through the lines, pulling out as many as they can from the weaker ships, with the plan to leave their empty carcasses as a barrier while we retreat back to the worm hole.

What ships should survive?

The Pegasus is already dust....

Consider the Valkyrie toast as well

The Klingon's wont retriet

However what do we want to do with the rest of the SF ships and Romulans?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

At the moment, if it was ME writing the whole thing I'd go like this:

Klingons - All Destroyed (with some survivors rescued by outbound ships)

Romulans - All but one (Reliants ship) destroyed. That ship being heavily damaged

Trojan Horse - Is re-captured by enemy forces, with the heroes escaping handily

Valkyrie - Destroyed

Daystrom - Sacrificed heroically (maybe as a booby trap)

Ravage - Crippled but survives due to technobabble reason (like MMI or Glitch rather said, we inverse the energizers and trigger an uncontrolled M/AM reaction or some such. Then maybe we can later develop a storyline how Starfleet just wants to decommission and scrap her, but we fight to save her, or some such.

Paladin - Manages to be the only ship that hands out a serious case of whoop ass, and rescues the majority of the survivors. However, she will take some serious damage, demonstrating her serious ability to take punishment.

That's just me. And that way if Daystrom is sacrificed like that, Mikey WOULD have time to get his souvenirs (maybe the ships brass dedication plaque?)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'd like to see the Trojan Horse go boom too, Maybe have some invasion attempts that are repelled by the Marines.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote: Ravage - Crippled but survives due to technobabble reason (like MMI or Glitch rather said, we inverse the energizers and trigger an uncontrolled M/AM reaction or some such. Then maybe we can later develop a storyline how Starfleet just wants to decommission and scrap her, but we fight to save her, or some such.
Black Magic.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Can we sell Lt. Cmdr Jordan's soul????? :twisted: