USS-Daystrom Alpha mission

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora cradled the Baby Blackstar had given her. Something was amiss. She felt...uneasy. All Romulans, much like their Vulcan counterparts had a latent ability to sense...things. It acted much like human Gut instincts. her fear had been confirmed.
The two Ensigns, who she had never bothered to get aquainted with stepped into the shuttle with their Phaser rifles cocked. Rochey stepped over the entrance's threshold, also carrying a Energy weapon.
"Hand over the Baby, Ensign." It was calm yet slightly eager. He really wanted to get rid of the baby.
"No."
"Ensign, I am ordering you to give the baby up!"
"I promised Blackstar i would take care of the baby. I will do as such." She reached for the bottom of her trouser leg, lifted it up and pulled out a small Romulan disrupter. The Redshirts instinctively aimed.
"I wouldn't ensign. While you may be permitted to carry that item you aren' permitted to fire it at me."
She sat waying up the options, or lack of. She had no choice. She could still contact Blackstar. And she still had the S'tei.
She handed the nearest ensign the Baby. He left with the other Ensign and the commander.
She got up and went outside. She had to signal Blackstar. Fortunately she and Blackstar had devised a method of warning.
Talora swung her disrupter into the air, and let off three pulses. At around 400ft into the air, each on exploded much like a Fire work. Hopefully Blackstar had recieved the signal. Before it was too late.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

There was a bad feeling in the pit of Blackstar's stomachs about the mission shi had been given. Shi felt that Rochey wasn't the kind who would act on rumors but shi thought shi had given him enough trouble and that he seemed to have a change of heart, or whatever the Tholian equipment was. Hir hearts dropped suddenly, perhaps from feeling the sensations of hir new friend.

The first flare was only heard by Blackstar, but shi soon turned to see the second two. "Oh come on, I was only gone for ten minutes!" Blackstar took a deep breath, thinking for the second time that day that shi was out of shape. Knowing that Tally wouldn't send a signal like that unless she thought it absolutely necessary. As a Romulan she would have a cool head, relatively speaking, and wouldn't have fired unless necessary. Then a second before shi started running shi remembered shi had a ship. "Well, I think the Commander couldn't be any more pissed off then he was before. And I'm betting he's the one who caused it. I need to stop talking to myself." Shi brought out hir personal comm device, large by Starfleet standard, but longer ranged and capable of punching through normal interference without trouble. "Sally, can you beam me directly to the Runabout, and keep an open channel. I may need you to back me up."

Blackstar disappeared in the transporter's confinement beam, coming out right in front of Talora. The child was noticeably absent. "Please tell me you're just playing hide and seek with the child, and you need my help finding her."

Talora shook her head. She was very distressed, "no. Rochey took her from me. I was outnumbered and outgunned. The ensigns are on their way to take her to the officials of this planet."

Blackstar growled, using all of hir will power to not turn feral and chase down hir child. Sally, monitoring the situation, beamed a vial of mild relaxant to Talora. On it a note: a mild relaxant to keep our mutual friend from losing control. Her medical training allowed her to determine that it was a mild relaxant, mild by Chakat standards at least. She applied it to Blackstar's neck. "Thanks Tally, and Sally. Now I can think. Rochey is an idiot. The officials will trace the child to me because of that application, and figure out that Starfleet has a team here. Or had depending on how long it take them. Either way the entire mission is at risk. Failure is one thing, but now the risk for everone's life is about twice as high as before."

"What do we do? And who's Sally? One of the security team?" asked Talora.

"Step one we get the kid back. Step two, I kill Rochey. And considering the high risk we're at now I think I'll have a little fun doing it," said Blackstar. "Sally two to beam...sideways." Before Talora could protest the two were swept aboard Blackstar's new ship. "Welcome aboard the um...Chakat's Dream. As good a name as any. Talora, meet the Sophisticated Allied Yarnik. Or Sally."

"What's a Yarnik?" asked Tally and Sally asked at the same time.

"I have no idea. It sounded just sounded good," said Blackstar. Shi took position at the piloting station designed for hir form. On either side were a pair of flat red panels with palm shapes on it. Blackstar placed hir hands there, beginning to do a quick test of all the controls. Hir empathic talents were what made it possible to take direct control of the craft. Breaking physical contact would be no different then a person releasing normal controls.

Talora took position at the more conventional secondary controls. "So Sally's an AI? You have the most interesting friends Blackstar."

Blackstar smiled, "you have no idea. And please, call me Blacky. Those I called my friends called me that. Before I...Well anyway, let's preform an over dramatic rescue."

The newly dubbed Chakat's Dream launched from the parking area, against the protests of the local control tower and headed west. It quickly found the two ensigns with it's sensors. The Dream pulled around to approach from the east, landing in front of them, tearing up the pavement, stopping a meter from them. Blackstar used the sensors to emit sounds, not too difficult if you know how, to talk to them. "Attention to the...two humans with the Caitian cub. Put her gently on the ground." They did so. "Now you need to scream and run like sissy little women." They did so.

Blackstar exited, via the forward boarding ramp and picked up the mewling kitten. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have trusted Rochey. Making a bad call is one thing. But betraying my trust is another. Okay, I may not have been totally honest, but I never betrayed the crew."

Shi returned to hir ship and handed the cub to Talora. "You trust me to her even though I failed to protect her?"

"Getting yourself stunned wouldn't have done any good. You did the right thing in my book. Sometimes one must run to fight." Blackstar took out hir personal communication and handed it to Talora. "This will let my friends know that you are my friend. The casing can be removed and the actual, important components can be placed in something more personal to keep it hidden. I keep my other one in this arm," shi said indicating hir left arm. "It's artificial. I lost it while saving a Chakat cub. It got crushed by a blast door. I had to tear off my own arm, because I was on the wrong side. I hardly knew hir. Still don't. That's the dedication Chakat's have for protecting the young."

Blackstar beamed down a note on asking the locals to send the bill to Thrall. Shi contacted him, and made sure to let him know the situation and payed him the money needed to repair the costs of the damage and tickets. As far as anyone else knew, someone took his newest vessel out for a test run and it malfunctioned. The Chakat's Dream returned to it's parking spot. "You can stay on board if you want Talora. I wouldn't want to face Rochey right now. I want to explore this vessel's accommodations and enjoy some part of this mission."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Commander accompanied the two ensigns towards the camp for a short while, and informed them of where to bring the child, what to say, and what to do. When he was certain they knew what they were doing, he struck back towards the shuttle, quite pleased with himself. His plan had worked perfectly. The child was about to be gotten rid of and the Romulan had inteligently handed over the child (Rochey decided to ignore the fact that she had initialy pulled a gun on him, with a little more respect for authority she'd make a good officer). Blackstar was, quite simply, beaten. Shi was too far away to do anything, and by the time shi returned the child would have been disposed of for hours. Maybe now shi'd learn to respect hir superiors.

It was probably due to this certainty, this mental assurance that he had won, that he didn't quite register the noise of a shuttle somewhere nearby. He heard it, but then quickly dismissed it as a passing ship.
When the amplified sounds of an unwelcome voice drifted in from somewhere in the distance, he began to get mildly suspicious.
When he heard the two ensigns screaming in fear, he finaly caught on. For a moment he toyed with the idea of just pretending nothing had happened, and continuing his stroll back to the shuttle. Curiosity won out in the end, though, and he turned around to look.
As he was standing uphill he had a good view of what was going on. A shuttle of an unfamiliar design was landed a kilometre or so away from him, between him and the slaver camp. The two ensigns were running in random directions in panic. And a familiar shape was walking back to the shuttle with something in it's arms. Even at this distance, Blackstar was unmistakable. After shi got back into the shuttle, it lifted off in the direction of the slaver camp's landing fields.

The Commander stood for a moment, thinking about this new turn of events. A ship. He thought. It had it's own ship. He was just wondering where Blackstar had gotten the shuttle from, when a more pressing issue occured to him. It is not going to be happy about all this.

-------------------------------------
A few minutes later

Reaching the shuttle, the Commander was surprised to find the area deserted. The two ensigns hadn't come back, and the Romulan was gone. Realisation dawned on him, as he suddenly realised how Blackstar knew what was going on. The Romulan had told it. I should have shot the damn thing. He thought. He wouldn't make that particular mistake again.

He tried reaching Blackstar with his communicator, figuring he might be able to talk some sense into the damn thing, but there was no reply. Either the Chakat had turned it off, or simply wasn't willing to talk.
Deciding he should probably alert the rest of the team to what was going on, he called W'trisk.

"W'trisk, are you there?"

"Sir?" The Andorian replied. "Has something happened? We're supposed to be under radio silence when we're in the camp."

"Your friend is what has happened." Rochey snarled. There was a pause before Mikey said anything else.

"Oh. Now what has shi done?"

"Lieutenant Blackstar has gone AWOL. Two of our security ensigns are MIA, they may have been attacked. Also, the Romulan medic is missing, and I believe she's assisting Blackstar. Also, I believe the Lieutenant poses a serious threat to the other members of the away team. All of us. I am issuing a 'shoot on sight' order. Am I understood?" Mikey sighed wearily before responding.

"Understood, Sir."

"Good. What's your status?"

"Busy, Sir. We should be back within a few hours."

"Good. I want us off this planet as soon as possible."

"Understood, Sir. W'trisk out." With that, the conversation ended. The Commander thought for a moment, and then went into the shuttle and retrieved a tricorder. Blackstar wouldn't use the shuttle, he knew, shi'd confront him face to face. As such, it would be trivialy easy to spot hir unique bio-signs on even the most primitive of sensor units. Leaning back against the shuttle, he checked his weapon was loaded and that the safeties were off.
Now, He thought. we'll end this. Once and for all.

Half an hour later

Shi was doing a good job, he'd give hir that. He might not even have noticed hir approaching from the trees to his left if he didn't have the tricorder.

"You were telling the truth when you said you would be a good scout, at any rate." He called, turning to look into the treeline of the small forest. Figuring that stealth was pointless at this point, Blackstar stalked out of the forest. "You wouldn't happen to know where those two ensigns are, would you?" Rochey asked, tossing the tricorder onto the ground, and walking slightly closer to the Chakat.

"Probably hiding somewhere." Blackstar replied. "I'm surprised you aren't." Shi added. Rochey snorted.

"Whatever you may think of me, I'm not a coward, Lieutenant."

"Really? So is that why you tricked me into leaving before stealing my child? Is that why you didn't confront Tally without 3 to 1 odds? You haven't really shown much bravery so far." Shi taunted, as the two of them began circling each other.

"That's not called 'cowardice', Lieutenant, it's called 'being smart'. Although seeing as how you appear permanantly divorced from the concept, I can see how you may have missed it." Rochey replied. Blackstar glared at him.

"You stole my child." She accused, in a dangerous voice.

"It was never your child to begin with, Lieutenant!" The Commander snapped at hir. "I gave you orders to get rid of it. Repeatedly. You ignored those orders. Repeatedly. I was well within my rights to get rid of it myself."

"You don't deserve to order anyone around at all!" Shi yelled. For Rochey, that was effectively the last straw.

"Yes, Lieutenant, I do. In fact, I deserve it far more than you! That's because, when pressed, I'm actualy able to make tough decisions. You aren't. You let your emotions cloud everything you do!" He stopped pacing and glared at hir. "And now, as I am your superior officer, whether you like it or not, I am giving you an order; back down, Lieutenant." Blackstar similarly stopped walking, and glared back at him.

"I'm through taking orders from you, Rochey."

"As you wish." Rochey replied. In one swift motion he drew his pistol, and aimed it at the Chakat's head. "In that case, I hereby relieve you of your rank of lieutenant and of your membership of Starfleet." Blackstar smiled coldly.

"Well. At least now I don't have to worry about the legalities of killing my superior officer."

Rochey pulled the trigger at the same time Blackstar dove to hir left, out of the gun's firing line. A vaguely transparent ball of energy flew through the air where hir head had just been, and shattered a tree branch. The Commander whirled around and began firing off shots at hir, though shi was too quick for him to hit. Dodging close to him, shi closed the distance and lashed out at his hand, sending the pistol flying. Hir next kick knocked Rochey to the ground.
Shi dove on top of him, trying to pin him to the ground, but the Commander rolled as shi landed on him, using hir own momentum to throw hir off him. The two scrambled back to their feet. Blackstar was quickest, and kicked one of Rochey's legs out from under him, though he managed to stay standing.
Keeping on the attack, Blackstar followed up with a kick to the chest, this time the Commander didn't keep his balance and fell backwards. Pulling out a knife, Blackstar ran forward, preparing to finish the fight. Rochey wasn't going down that easily, though. As the Chakat approached, he grabbed a fallen tree branch next to him and slammed it into the side of hir skull, breaking the branch in half.
Dazed, Blackstar staggered back. Then Rochey jumped up and slammed a fist straight into hir face. Blackstar reacted surprisingly quickly; grabbing his arm and throwing the Tholian a good few metres away as shi cleared hir head. Both of them realised at the same moment that the Commander had landed just next to his gun.
Rochey jumped up, weapon in hand, as Blackstar leapt at him. He managed to get off one shot before the Chakat slammed into him, missing widely. Again, the gun flew out of his grasp. Landing on his back, he grabbed one of Blackstar's legs and pulled hard, dragging hir to the ground.
Scrambling up again, Rochey brought a foot down onto the Chakat's chest, feeling a very satisfying crunch of something breaking. Blackstar yelled and lashed out, catching one of the Tholian's legs with hir foot, breaking the leg in two. The Commander yelped, trying to keep his balance, and slammed another foot down onto Blackstar's neck. If he'd had his full force behind it, the fight would likely have ended there. As it was, Blackstar managed to shove the leg off hir neck and rolled away, gasping for breath.
Shi jumped up, and immediately threw hirself at Rochey, sending him reeling with a flurry of blows. Shi kicked him hard in the chest, sending him flying backwards with a loud crack of something breaking.
Not about to let him get back into the fight, shi grabbed him and physicaly hurled him into the side of the shuttle.
Dazed, Rochey ignored an ominous hissing and crackling noise coming from somewhere nearby, noting that he had, yet again, landed next to his pistol. He grabbed the pistol, jumped up, pointed it at Blackstar, and then dropped the gun with a yell as a sharp pain coursed through his right arm. Without even looking, Rochey knew what had happened; the tough material of his enviromental suit had been breached.
Before Blackstar could take advantage of the situation, he dove into the shuttle and slammed the hatch shut, locking it from the inside. Staggering to the ship's enviromental controls, he turned the temperature up as high as it would go. It wasn't comfortable, but it was survivable.
Scambling over to the shuttle's controls, he began the start-up sequence for the engines. And the phasers.
Now, this confrontation was coming to an end. One way or another.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Somewhat to his own surprise, Mikey responded, "Yes, lieutenant, I will accompany you. I have business there, and two may make quicker work than one. I will attend to our men; since you have already proven your ability to remain undetected, you are to- I mean, please, recon the obstacles surrounding extraction of the other Federation personnel."

At the installation, Mikey encountered the same Tholian who had tried to stop him earlier. "Any more objections to my entrance?" asked the Andorian, narrowing his eyes at the squat creature.

"None at all, biped. The sooner you finish your business and move on, the better."

"Then you'll be happy to know that I'm taking my remaining merchandise. With current market fluctuations, my employer wishes to re-evaluate his assets."

"Very well, but make it snappy. It's late, and our other clients don't like having to show sleepy products."

As the Breen prowled around the perimeter of the market dome, Mikey tried to think of a way to maximize the time available to Munro. With several pairs of Tholian eyes watching, Mikey stopped at the holding pen for a moment, then turned towards the data processing office. "Where are you going?" asked a second Tholian guard.

"As you may recall, rocky, our inventory is short since we entered your market. Depending on the available evidence, my employer may wish to collect that material loss from the market administration. We may avoid all unnecessary complications if the information is entered here."

As he entered the small office, Mikey froze. It was yet just a few minutes past sunrise, and Rochey's signal surprised him. Translating silently from their simple code for the Tholian's organic signal, he stiffened.

Blackstar, possibly Retaal, involved in insubordination - related to transferrence of infant. Expect confrontation of unknown nature in near future. Make sure you know where your loyalties lie.

Mikey really didn't need, or appreciate, the subtle threat from the Quartz Commandant. "Icy hells!" thought Mikey. "Until that baby thing, I thought I had a chance to have some fun with Blackstar. Now, that cute Rommie has turned out to be a non-compos too?"

Mikey left the office and had a guard admit him to the holding pen. "Alright, pinkskins," he said, with a look warning the men not to betray any emotion, "we are leaving. Your owner wishes some medical and physiological scans to be made, in order to re-evaluate your sales potential. Line up and prepare to move."

To Mikey's surprise, Minnsky at that moment entered the main hall of the market from the repair shop. He nodded to Mikey, who understood enough to let him play his part. To the guard, Minnsky said, "Xene is not in this market. You would have had him by now. Let me go with this slaver - it will continue my cover and allow me to expand my search for the renegade."

"Very well, said the guard, clearly uncomfortable at not having a superior awake to which to defer. "You will report back..."

"Within 36 hours," replied Minnsky, and then fell into step behind the last Starfleet officer.

Mikey touched his transporder, and tuned to the internal transceiver of Munro's exo-suit. "Lieutenant, I hope you've been quick. We are wanted by the commander. Rendezvous ASAP at the runabout, and take a circular route. I want you and I to arrive at the base's perimeter at different entry points. I will be on the road; try to enter from high ground."

"Understood."

Mikey removed the transponder. "Now, Mr. Minnsky," he said quietly, "there are some questions which want answers from you. You may begin by telling me to whom you have been speaking, and about whom." In a louder voice, he called to the team, "Pick 'em up! Double time!"
Last edited by Mikey on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora clambered into her shuttle, hidden deep in the forests. She powered up the Engines and lifted off the ground, glad of the Cloaking device she managed to get installed.
The sensor panel registered small arms fire. Rochey had fired at Blacky. Damn him! She had only met him once and instantly disliked him.
The craft swung over the battle. By the looks of it Rochey suit had been breached. Good gi...ur....Chakat. But he swung into the Shuttle and sealed it.
The Sensors triggered an alarm through the ship. He was powering the Shuttle up. By the great maker, he's locking phasers on Blacky. The shuttle swung up from the ground and turned to face Blackstar.
Talora decloaked, locked on to the Shuttle, and fired the Forward Disrupter array. The green beam sliced into the Forward phaser array. She fired again, hitting the engines. The shuttle dropped like a stone, almost landing on Blackstar, had Talora not beamed her up.Rochey had survived. So had the Environmental controls, luckily. Blacky looked at Talora.
"You came for me." Blacky said, clearly surprised. Shi walked up and hugged Talora.
"Take over the secondary controls. I need your help with the helm. I'll do the shooting."
"Why do we need shooting?"
"There is a pair of Tholian fighters off our stern." To puntuate the mark, The shuttle rocked under the Tholians Particle cannon's fire. Then Sally and Blacky's shuttle appeared and Completely obliterated the Tholian ships.
"See you soon Blackstar."
"You too Tally."
Blacky was enveloped in a Transporter beam. Now all she and Blacky needed to do was get the hell out of there. She thought to herself for a minute. Blacky's blatent defiance was becoming infectious. Second thoughts were of no use. I have passed the point of no return now.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Munro had finished mapping out the last of the base defenses when the dog fight in the air began to unfold. Munro recognized the ship that was knocked out of the sky immediately then did his species' equilivant of a cringe upon seeing two Tholian ships shattered. Their debris falling into the crowded slave market starting fires and sending people running for cover.

"Lieutiant Commander, recommend Plan B." Munro said keeping a calm voice into his transmitter. People around him were running in all directions as the base's ground based phaser relay system began to come to life firing at the two ships fighting off the Tholian.

"What's Plan B Breen?" The Andorian yelled into his comlink over the noise of the terror. Third party ships had begun to take into the air as slaver's pulled out of the danger zone. More Tholian fighters began to swing in from the mountains to the south east firing towards their two foes. A misfire from a phaser detonated a huge swath of slave cages incenerating a ton of organic flesh and creating smaller fires and explosions.

"We open the door and run. The Xindi ship's still open but I don't know how to fly it." Munro replied as he unslung his rifle and fired it into the bolt holding some random slaves. They pushed against the door and escaped into the thongs of the audience. Some of the guards saw admist the chaos firing blindly into the crowd before giving up and running for cover as Blacky's ship knocked another Tholian fighter careering towards the pavement below.

The entire market shook as the explosion let loose a shockwave that flattened everyone. Munro got back to his feet in the aftermath and ran towards the cage with the seventeen humans. "Humans I'm from Star Fleet come with me!" Munro yelled giving up his disguise and firing at the lock. The humans looked at him uncertain but nodded, "Our ship has been compromised we're going to use a Xindi.

As they ran towards the Xindi ship parked along the far wall guards and angry slavers alike began to fire up into the air at Blackstar and her Romulan friend. Munro wondered if that did anything but force him to duck as he ran towards the Insectoid ship.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

With the massive damage to the Runabout and the destruction of two Tholian fighters Blackstar came to a conclusion: they're hosed. "We're gonna need to recover the rest of the team quickly. Sally keep the line with Tally open at all times, and open a line with Mikey."

"Line open."

"Mikey, do you or anyone else need pickup?" Blackstar said, while busily trying to dodge the new fighters and weapons fire. Shi shot down several more craft. "We need to hurry, I can't keep this up. The collateral damage is going to keep rising. I'm good but even I can't keep up fighting these odds. The Runabout is useless. But we need a plan. Or at least tell me the plan."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"I can fly that thing," replied Mikey to Munro. "I'll get the team there, you get the remaining UFP personnel aboard. Approximately two minutes."

Redirecting his voice, Mikey shouted, "Change in plans. Make for the main hangar. If you don't keep up, you get left behind! Form approcah pattern del- oh, to the hells with it. We don't have any guns anyway. Get your asses aboard the Xindi shuttle if you want a ride off this rock!"

Sprinting hell-for-leather over the flat yet rocky ground, Mikey almost fell face-first as he received the transmission from Blackstar. "Mikey, do you or anyone else need pickup? We need to hurry, I can't keep this up. The collateral damage is going to keep rising. I'm good but even I can't keep up fighting these odds. The Runabout is useless. But we need a plan. Or at least tell me the plan."

Dashing into the hangar behind his team and through the few panicking Tholian guards, Mikey ran through the hatch and elbowed two men out of his way to reach the main console and warm up the Xindi shuttle. "Blackstar, this is Lieutenant Commander W'trisk." Munro cocked his head at the Andorian at the mention of the Chakat's name. Mikey continued, "We have been friends in the past, so I will offer this one opportunity in regard for that relationship. Leave this airspace. Don't let me see you. If you choose to remain, I will consider you a hostile bogey. Is that understood?"

"Mikey, I- I didn't expect..."

Mikey sighed and and his antennae drooped as he brought the shuttle up through the damaged port in the garage's roof. "We've all made our choices, Blackstar. You have no right to judge mine. My values are directed differently from yours, but as valid as anyone's. Now, remember what I said... I don't give second warnings."

Mikey brought the Xindi craft low to the ground, to offer any incoming fighters more easily-acquired targets than themselves, and swept towards the damaged runabout. "Commander? We're headed your way. I hope you have your suit repaired, because we won't have time to recalibrate the environment in here."
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"Computer, power to the Shields!" The Panel in front of her showed the Shield Power bar increase. She locked on to a Defensive Phaser array and let loose two torpedoes. The Phaser array shattered, letting raw Nadion particles loose into the Market. She noted three more Tholian ships were nearing the Ravine. That makes 6.
"Blacky, I doubt we can go much longer. Your ship may be designed for combat but mine is not!" The Shields took another hit. 56%.
"Re-calibrate your Disrupters to frequency 89.7! Its the Tholian frequency!" Talora did as she was told, Locked on to a Tholian Fighter and fired. The Green beam slid through the Shields and hit a Impulse manifold. The Fighter exploded.
"Advantage of Sally i guess."
"Your not wrong!"
Another ship powered up. She would not have noticed it had it not been the Xindi vessel the Breen had dealt with.
"Blacky, we need to get out of here!"
"Right. When I signal, make a break for the Atmosphere!"
Blackstar's ship ripped apart another fighter. It was a mavellious piece of engineering that. And then Talora remembered something she had learnt a while ago. She reconfigured the Nacelles to emit a Nadion beam. She configured it to fire a Three second pulse and targeted one of the heavier fighters. She fired.
Two bright green beams lanced out of the Nacelles. They hit the ship. And it started disintigrating. The Crystalline matrix was being molecularly destabilised. The fighter was gone within seconds.
But it hadn't been kind. Her Shields had switched to Auxiliary power and the Nacelles had drained to 34% power. She'd have to recharge in Orbit. Hopefully it would only take a couple of minutes at the most.
"NOW!!!!". Talora Fired off the Thrusters, lurching into a 60 degree vertical angle. Blackstar's ship was doing the same.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar's conscionce tore hir in two directions. Blackstar growled as shi realized what shi had to do. "Tally, take the kid on your ship. I'm going back."

"Blackstar don't be a fool," said Talora. She didn't know if she could handle loosing another friend.

"Don't worry. I'm beaming the child and a data chip to you. If I don't make it, put the chip into the Daystrom's computer, preferably somewhere in the transporter room. It'll handle the rest. Trust me on this. And whatever you do, don't follow." Blackstar beamed the child and chip to Talora's vessel. "Sally, last chance to get off."

"Fat chance. Someone needs to keep you from getting shot...again."

Blackstar preformed a 180 turn and ran right into the swarm of ships following hir. Shi didn't even have to aim, shi could hit someone by just firing. Shi got in close to the city. Hir sensors showed a half-dozen fighters heading for the Xindi craft that had an Andorian, a Breen and a dozen humans on board. Shi figured that was Mikey. "Mikey get out of there now. I'll rescue the Runabout."

"I thought I ordered you to get out of here."

"Oh shut up and thank me later. You wouldn't be able to shoot me down anyway" Shi fired missles at the incoming fighters, destroying or at least disabling them. "There's another wave of a dozen fighters or so coming in less then a minute. Get out of here. I'll get Rochey. If you're ever going to trust me once in your life, do it now and I swear I'll explain the 'why' later."

The Chakat's Dream locked a tractor beam on the runabout and began towing it, with only a minor loss in speed. "This is Rochey, what is it doing?"

"It is saving your sorry behind, so you might want to at least do it the curtosy of calling it by the proper pronouns," said Blackstar. "Besides, I only wanted you to die for what you tried to pull, not get the whole mission blown. And that's what's going to happen if that runabout survives. If even a critical piece is left they'll figure out what happened. Which is bad because it's a covert mission."

"Are you still going to kill me?"

"Naw, it's in your nature to be a jerk. Just like it's in my nature to protect the young. So for you being the victum of your genes I forgive you." Blackstar wasn't sure if his silence was from shock, thinking, or if he was unconcious. "Let's get to the ship. We'll figure everything out there."

Blackstar opened a channel with Telora, "hey Tally. Told ya I'd make it."[/b]
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey's antennae pressed backwards along his cranium as his teeth ground together and his blood pounded in his ears. Taking advantage of the Xindi ship's advanced SIF, he plotted an angle out of the atmosphere too steep for any Tholian interceptors to follow.

Tracking the Chakat's erratic loop and return to hir outbound course, Mikey realized what shi had done. "I knew shi couldn't leave him to die," he said half to himself, "but if that furry, inconstant thing thinks that this atones for everything..."

"Beg your pardon, commander?" said Munro, overhearing Mikey's mutterings.

"Never mind, lieutenant. Just get those people ready to transport to the runabout. And see if you can find something resembling a toolkit - anything useful - for Minnsky. Once you get over to the runabout, it'll be time for him to earn his keep." Mikey entered the command to open a comm channel, then saw the Breen hesitating, watching his actions. "Did I stutter, lieutenant?!" Munro began to herd the refugees and security detail toward the transporter.

"Daystrom. This is Lt. Cmdr. W'trisk of Danube Alpha. Get me flight ops."

Gunny's familiar baritone filled the speakers. "Commander? Are you on your way home?"

"Hotter than we wanted to be, Gunny. Scramble four Falcons for escort duty, ASAP. Have them continuously update heading to rendezvous at my position. I'm sending my transponder code."

"Sir, that's a-"

"Xindi signature, I know. I'll explain later. And have a security detail standing by. W'trisk out."

Next item on the agenda. "Blackstar?"

"Mikey!" The last tatters of the planet's ionosphere made hir communication crackle. "You made it off-"

"Stow it," said Mikey through clenched teeth. "What are your intentions regarding the commander?"

"I didn't know you cared that much for him."

"This is a terribly bad time for being facile, Blackstar. You have some idea, I think, of what Xindi particle cannons can do to the crystalline structure of your precious new Tholian ship. Now, what are your intentions?!"

"I'm taking him back to the Daystrom," shi replied quietly.

"Correct answer," said Mikey. "Fighter escorts are on their way - and I'll be here too - to see that you do."

"Mikey?" Blackstar's voice sounded so plaintive that he couldn't ignore it. "Talora has the baby aboard. See that she gets back safely... please?"

"I will," sighed Mikey. "On the fathers of clan Trisk, I will."

Mikey severed the comm link and immediately opened a new one. "Ensign Retaal. This is Lt. Cmdr. W'trisk."

Retaal's voice came back more clearly than Blackstar's had. "Are you going to kill me?" The Romulan mettle was gone from her voice, and she sounded very young, alone, and frightened. Even so, Mikey couldn't help adding a little sarcasm to the situation.

"I'm not the one who began firing on superior officers, ensign." Mikey quickly regretted his tone, and said in calmer voice, "However, I believe you were caught in a conflict between two people, both of whom were your superiors. Wash your hands of this affair, Talora. Starfleet welcomed you; do not throw that back in our face. Escorts are coming - do not be alarmed, simply maintain your course for the Daystrom. I have given Blackstar my word that the child will be brought back unharmed. After that, it is nobody's concern save the medical staff."

"Thank you, commander."

As the Xindi craft had gained on the position of Blackstar and the towed runabout, Mikey opened a channel to Rochey. "Commander, this is W'trisk. I have the situation in hand - escorts are on their way from the Daystrom. They and I will ensure the cooperation and homeward course of our two friends. Are you able to recalibrate the environment for our guests?"

"Affirmative. My suit has been repaired. Well done, W'trisk."

"Thank you sir. Prepare to receive the refugees and the rest of our team. I have instructed Mr. Minnsky to begin effecting repairs to the runabout immediately."

"Why are you offloading them at all?"

"They probably shouldn't be aboard if I have to engage our former lieutenant, sir."

Cutting the channel, Mikey yelled over his shoulder, "Munro! Begin transport to the runabout. Attend to any immediate medical needs, and have Minnsky begin power system repairs."

"They'll be off within a minute, sir."

"You too, lieutenant."

"Perhaps you need some assistance at tac, sir?"

"If any hand fires a weapon at either of those two craft, Munro, it had damn well better be mine or there will be the three hells to pay. Understood? Now get to the runabout!"

As the beam-out finished, Mikey dropped the Xindi craft to an overwatch position above and behind the Romulan shuttle and Tholian craft. An afterthought made him contact Gunny one more time. "Gunny? Don't ask about what I'm about to say, OK?"

"Sir?"

"Along with the security detail, have a medical team standing by."

"Casualties, sir?"

"No, Gunny. There will be an infant among the disembarkees. It is to pass immediately into the care of the medical staff."

"An inf... aye, sir."
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

What of Blacky? Shi would have hell when shi got back. So will I. The commander shall not let me forget what I did Talora thought.
"This is Daystrome Falcon squadron Alpha-2 to All vessels. Drop to Impulse and we'll enter formation," came a signal from the fighters.She dropped out of warp.
"Unidentified Romulan starship this is Alpha-2. State your id..." The pilot started but was interrupted by the Andorian.
"This is Lt. Cmdr W'trisk. The Romulan vessel is of a Medical Ensign from the starship Sydney. She was attacked after chasing a group of raiders."
"Yes, sir. Entering formation. Stand by to reinitiate warp on my signal....engage."
She jumped to warp, slightly behind the fighters. W'trisk was still a little behind her, maintaining his distance. And weapons charge. He still wasn't sure of Blacky's intentions. For that matter, nor was Talora.
She held the child. It was beautiful. She felt an attachment to it she had only felt once before...But that worried her. Her former attachment had been killed. Vaporised by a Tal'shiar officer. She hoped bad luck didn't follow her.
The sensors blipped. Something had shown up off the Starboard stern. She took another look at the sensors. Nothing. she recalibrated for a Tachyon pulse. The blip appeared again. Every time she pulse fired with a Tachyon emittion, the blip appeared.
"Retaal, to W'trisk."
"Go ahead."
"My sensors, calibrated to emit a Tachyon pulse, are detecting...something. Heading off my Azimuth 156.77," She relayed the data.
"I'm detecting it..But the sensors dont have enough resolution to identify. The data your sending is better than what i'm getting though my scanners," He Replied. It was to be expected. Romulan sensors were much more advanced than Xindi.
Then the signal veered off and disappeared.
"We'll feed it though The Daystrome's computer when we get back. Maintain speed and heading."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Chakat's Dream disengaged the tractor beam as it entered the Daystrom's shuttlebay, dropping the crippled shuttle to the deck with a deafening bang.
The hatch flew open, and the Commander stormed out, enviromental suit hastily repaired with the help of an emergencey kit he had placed in the shuttle before they had left the ship. He glared at Blackstar's ship as hir vessel landed, taking note of the half a dozen or so security officers stationed around the shuttlebay. He reached for his pistol, but realised it was still lying on the ground on that damned planet, and settled for snatching a phaser rifle off one of the guards. Making sure it was on 'kill', he waited for the Chakat to get off it's ship.
He had only been waiting a moment, when Captain Fletcher strode into the shuttlebay. He stood looking for a moment at the ruined Federation shuttle, and the Xindi, Tholian, and Romulan craft.

"I take it you had an eventful mission then, Commander?" He asked, walking up to his second in command. Rochey was about to reply, when he spotted the hatch of Blackstar's fighter opening.

"With respect, Sir, I just need to take care of something first." Turning towards the Chakat's Dream, he aimed his weapon at Blackstar, who froze in surprise. Shi hadn't expected to get off scott-free, but shi hadn't expected this either.

"Security!" Rochey barked to the guards. "Throw Lieutenant Blackstar and Ensign Retaal in the brig, on multiple counts of insubordination, dereliction of duty, destruction of Federation property, assault on a superior officer, and attempted mutiny. Now, Sir." He added, turning back to the Captain as the guards closed in on the two traitors. "I would very much like to speak with you about the events of the mission, as soon as possible."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Commander!" shouted Mikey, running down the Xindi craft's companionway.

"You have a problem with my decision?" said Rochey, turning stiffly and painfully toward the Andorian.

After noticing the medical staff retrieving the infant Caitian from Retaal, Mikey answered, "Respectfully, sir, I merely want to remind the detail to disarm the Chakat, including hir bracelet-mounted phasers and the blade in hir bandolier."

"Ah... yes. Thank you, W'trisk."

"And if I may, sir," continued Mikey, "I believe Retaal is guilty only of an error in judgement, as was Lieutenant Munro, rather than malicious insubordination. She is young, and perhaps a little to willing to look at the subjective over the objective; however, from her perspective, both you and Blackstar were her superior officers."

"I will take it under advisement. I suppose you had something to do with having the medical staff come for the child?"

"Yes, sir. It's their problem, now, not ours, yes?" said Mikey with a crooked grin.

"Well done, again, W'trisk," answered Rochey. "You sometimes exhibit an almost Tholian ability to cut through the meat of a problem."

"Thank you, I think. If you'll excuse me, sir, I have to visit the bridge. I want to see what's been learned of Minnsky's craft. Maybe more importantly, Retaal picked up - and reported immediately, may I add - a ghost bogey while en route back to the Daystrom. The Xindi sensors were less capable than Federation ones, but from what I could tell it answered to the same pattern as our shadow."

"Very well," said the Tholian commander, "collate your finding with Commander Teaos."

"Aye, sir. Peabody! Stay with Minnsky. Until he is prepared to shed some light on the questions which I posed to him, he is confined to quarters, save to visit his ailing friend."

Rochey nodded slightly, approving of the Andorian's healthy dose of paranoia.
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Munro nodded as the rest of the security team left the hanger bay towards their showers and bunks. Then noted that two of them were missing. In his time in starfleet he had gotten used to human faces and could recognize them better than most Breen. The two humans who were missing had both been left behind with Rochey. No doubt killed by the creature Munro went to investigate.

"Sir, Ensigns Lane and Whitmer are missing." He said to Rochey.

"They were carrying the child that Blackstar intercepted..." Rochey replied slowly turning to look out the port hole.

"With your permission I'd like to begin an interrogation of Blackstar. At the very least she may be able to tell us where the bodies are."