USS Daystrom Stats

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ideas are generaly implemented when they're agreed upon by the whole group. Important decisions, at any rate. I mean, we're not going to hold a vote to see what the Captain will be having for lunch, or anything.

Which means that until Mikey and Teaos log on and wade through all ten pages of this crap (or ask someone to fill them in), we're at an impasse. Nothing can be done until they agree, as they might have stuff of their own to voice.

I propose we just leave it alone for tonight, and sort it out tomorrow when we're all calmed down.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Thorin wrote:Tactical isn't just staff, it's equipment, too. The fact the fighters would be going would be to do with tactical, too.

Dusk, please, you've clearly got no idea of the context of this, and I'm getting downright annoyed by your ignorance on the issue, especially how you are continually making me out like the bad guy when in all honesty - you have no clue what you're talking about.
I don't really CARE to get into the full, War and Peace length full extended Director's Cut version of the argument. And the only reason you are getting downright annoyed is because I'm not in full alignment with you and Rochey on this. All I have seen is you guys attacking ANYTHING shi says or wants, and even when shi gives concessions or agrees to compromises, you both still hold contempt and say "hmph well shi won't be satisfied with that", or you throw some other monkeywrench into the proposed solution. If shi was making no concession whatsoever and you two seemed to be reasonably making concessions then I would argue the other way around.

From what I can observe right here, and I don't need 20 pages of "history" to understand it, is that you seem more interested in either sabotaging possible solutions or continuing a bickerfest. When solutions are proposed all you do is start complaining about how shi wouldn't accept solutions, even though right now we are trying to work some out that shi is happy with and YOU can't drop all the "history" over.

So, either shut the hell up and start working on solutions, or admit this is just about you being right and not wanting to have to be flexible at all. Because at this point those are the two explanations for this.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Thorin wrote:Tactical isn't just staff, it's equipment, too. The fact the fighters would be going would be to do with tactical, too.

Dusk, please, you've clearly got no idea of the context of this, and I'm getting downright annoyed by your ignorance on the issue, especially how you are continually making me out like the bad guy when in all honesty - you have no clue what you're talking about.

Hell, you're not even in the RP :lol:
hey, he has a right to speak, and he's trying to make things work. You on the other hand have done nothing but make things worse. We've spent the better part of a day on this and gotten no where.

Ideas such as this:
give M'Real a separate set of pilots to work with.
are not unreasonable compromises.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Ideas such as this:
Everyone seems to agree that an analogy with modern military operations doesn't apply here, so I'd say anything is in the realm of feasible.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Ideas such as this:
[/quote]

The fact remains you'd still be comandeering the fighters which would ultimately remain under the juridstiction of tactical.

I'm not getting annoyed because you don't agree with me. I'm getting annoyed because in every post you have made you have complained about my attitude, constantly repeating my name, yet have forgotten I haven't used very colourful language, and certainly haven't threatened anyone with hacking their computer. Maybe if I did that you might not think I have an attitude problem?

So, my issue in summary: I want to RP with the character I signed up for. I expect to be able to RP as I wish with anything which is under my control. I don't expect someone to be able to infringe upon what I signed up for. I was willing to grant you extensive liberty in joining the tactical department and effectively controlling the fighters, while still being a part of tactical and subject to its regulations. You didn't like that.

I offered compromise, you didn't like it. You threatened to hack me and send me viruses, and have used some nice colourful language aimed at me. Forgive me if I no longer wish to to compromise.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tys-something. Sorry you need an easier to spell name :P
Its a modified Akira but we're basically using the stats on the ditl website.

And blackstar, what about astrometric? I think you'd enjoy it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Everyone should lay off with the colorful metaphors.

and, if you're using Graham's stats, the Akira can hold up to a hundred fighters. Plenty of room for an extra squadron, or half-squadron.

EDIT: Tsu or Tsuki work just fine, Monroe. :wink: And, blame the people who named the Japanese gods. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Wow I totally butchered your name. It was Tsu-something :P

There you have it.

IMO the best options for blackstar is:

Suck it up and join an existing department.
Become astrometric officer.
Become a scout and therefore not under Thorin's command but Mikey's.
Be giving a small force to conduct intelligent gathering missions inside Tholian space (which isn't the best idea considering the XO).

No matter what you're under Rochey's command. But honestly I don't think it'll matter. Thorin and Rockey are both mature enough not to take OOC confrontational as IC. Your character won't be shipped into the center of a star :P
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

My character is my character, and I am I. We are not interchangable. Blackstar's thoughts that his position within the RP (particularly - his rank) is so important would suggest to me that he thinks his character is interchangable with how we view him.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:My character is my character, and I am I. We are not interchangable. Blackstar's thoughts that his position within the RP (particularly - his rank) is so important would suggest to me that he thinks his character is interchangable with how we view him.
Shi cares about the character, I'd say. I always write part of myself into any character, and don't view them as simply expendable even when my story necessitates their death.

And I'd also say that continued use of the wrong gender pronouns is pretty rude. Shi said, if you don't want to use the genderless ones, use female ones. Seems rather simple to me.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

To cut down on the confusion I just say Blackstar or M'real. May be repititive but we don't know Blackstar's real life circumstances or life preferences so if they get insulted by he or she just call Blackstar by Blackstar.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:To cut down on the confusion I just say Blackstar or M'real. May be repititive but we don't know Blackstar's real life circumstances or life preferences so if they get insulted by he or she just call Blackstar by Blackstar.
This also works. Though, it's only the "he" part that Blackstar has a problem with.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Shi cares about the character, I'd say. I always write part of myself into any character, and don't view them as simply expendable even when my story necessitates their death.
Not everyone can be the captain. I have no problem with being a Lieutenant - while he has a problem being a Lieutenant Commander and has an even bigger one with being demoted/reporting to someone of lower rank. Even though it's a character.
And I'd also say that continued use of the wrong gender pronouns is pretty rude. Shi said, if you don't want to use the genderless ones, use female ones. Seems rather simple to me.
Blackstar, the person sitting at the computer, is a male.
If I looked on this in the real world, and even saw a conversation about 'inbetween genders', I'd back off slowly. It doesn't exist.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Blackstar, the person sitting at the computer, is a male.
If I looked on this in the real world, and even saw a conversation about 'inbetween genders', I'd back off slowly. It doesn't exist.
First, you still don't seem to be able to qualify a statement. I.E. " I think Blackstar is a male." What, are you sitting outside hir house?

"Inbetween" genders do exist, secondly; they're called hermaphrodites. They are quite real.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Blackstar, the person sitting at the computer, is a male.
Even if you're right what's the point? If you ask me not to refer to you as the Brit it'd be rude of me to continue doing so.