New RPG discussion.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

okay, are the disrupter placements armed with a single disrupter apiece or duel disrupter systems(more firepower, and more aesthetically pleasing)?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Twin mounts. Certainly looks better. And has much more capable fire power :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Remember that we don't want to outclass everything we'll come across... that would be boring.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well depending on our plunders, eventually we will attract the Military. I certainly wouldn't want to be staring down the Photon Tubes of a Nebula
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I was going for twin mounts, cause single gun turrets look damn ugly. :)
Though I also imagined them as being rather unreliable.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Let's see Using double disrupter emplacements our stats would figure out to about

45833 Terawatts of firepower. Or 916.66
3 Type 2 burst fire torpedo tubes. or 1200
Range/accuracy is about 1000
sheild capacity: 1,000,000 terawatts or 370.37
Hull is a standard Duranium/Tritanium Double Hull, 10 cm high density armor and standard integrity fields or 1100
Maximum warp factor: Warp 9.8 or 1203.109
combat Manoeuvrability: 1800

overall strength 925.725
---

a single disrupter design figures to about:

25833 terawatts of firepower. overall strength would be reduced to about 816.473.
---

What do you guys think? this is assuming everything is working at full capacity.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, go for the single turrets, in that case. The dual turrets makes us a bit too powerful for a ship full of mercs.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

According to the DITL strength indicators that is a little less powerful than a D'deridex class warbird. Is that about right? Too powerful? Not powerful enough? I dunno. It all sounds good to me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd say a bit too powerful. Our ship is only about 400 metres long. It shouldn't be only slightly less powerful than ships nearly twice it's size, like the Galaxy.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote:According to the DITL strength indicators that is a little less powerful than a D'deridex class warbird. Is that about right? Too powerful? Not powerful enough? I dunno. It all sounds good to me.
Well the D'derdex-class seems to be an older vessel, which is why there were so many to serve as cannon fodder during the war. They also seem to be multi-mission like the Galaxys rather then pure warships. Otherwise you would think they would have more firepower.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Fair enough. bringing it down to 816.473 would put it close to a Nebula SWAC.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Oh, bloody hell, I forgot the port and starboard phaser arrays.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Remember, though, before you discard the twin-mounted turrets - whatever disrupters, phaser banks or arrays, etc., we have are NOY going to be the same models as found on current front-line fleet units...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Remember, though, before you discard the twin-mounted turrets - whatever disrupters, phaser banks or arrays, etc., we have are NOY going to be the same models as found on current front-line fleet units...
give me an hour or two and I'll see what I can do to adjust the weapons array.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Figuring out phaser power is easy enough. The Galor's main gun is equivilent to a type 9 phaser, which puts out 3000 terawatts.(the galor's full power is 13,000 terawatts, working out to 1250 terawatts to the other weapons) The disrupters is where it gets messy. The Klingon BoP's (listed as D-13)disrupters are listed as Mark 6 pulse disrupter cannons with a combined total of 10000 terawatts. that works out to about 5000 terawatts a gun. With single turrets that works out to 20000, plus the 3000 from the main phaser.

The old D-7's have 4 mark 7 disrupter cannons with a total output of 750 terawatts, which works out to 187.5 terawatts per gun. having double turrets would give us 8 guns working out to 1500 terrawatts total.
---

And I haven't even added the side phaser arrays yet. I'm guessing those would be type 7 phasers at best. those are about 500 terawatts a piece so maybe 1000 additionl terrawatts. combining that with the Cardie main gun and heavy single turrets that would figure out to about 24000. So my earlier estimate of 25833 terawatts wasn't as off as I thought.
---

For the type 9 phaser I used the Ambassador-class stats, for the type 7 phasers I used the Miranda stats.

And do you know what I've figured out from all this? This site seems to be making up numbers at random. The basic miranda has six type 7 phasers outputting 3000 terrawatts total(500 a piece). The uprated miranda has 18 type 7 phaser banks rated at 8000 terrawatts(444 a piece).

Do you want to know what I figured out? These beam weapon stats don't make a lot of sense when viewed under a microscope.