Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Coalition Universe Species

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:
Monroe wrote:
Mikey wrote:9.5. Excellently placed, slightly unexpected, but all in all a well-done and not at all gratuitous use. :lol:

Umm... would a hermaphroditic race have strippers, though?
Lesbians and gays go to strippers of the same gender. So I would assume so.
So says you :wink:
Okay some lesbians and some gays go to strippers.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hey...who say's I wont try it when i'm older :D
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Stripping?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

:roll: :whack:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You miss the point. The point is that gay men would go to see a male stripper rather than a female one; lesbians would go see a female stripper rather than a male one.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I know i know, i Just felt like being pedantic.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

So I was wondering about the Zaketh for awhile, may have posted it already but a race 6 million years old are there any other powers that are Zakethian but not part of the Zaketh empire? Like from their empire say 3 million years ago that broke off collapsed then reformed with an entirely unique culture.
"Emperor's Dignity", a ninety six kilometre long vessel which is quite possibly the single most powerful military unit in the galaxy. While this trend has massively boosted the overall firepower of the fleet, it has reduced its mobility and flexibility drastically. It is a telling point that the Zaketh navy rarely conducts fleet operations beyond its own borders any more.
Thought I'd quote that again cause I don't remember seeing it the first time :P 96 kilometers? wow. Picture!

And are humans native to earth? Or are we from an older civilization that collapsed? Or maybe a human civilization collapsed say.. 10,500 BC. That'd be cool.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Monroe wrote:So I was wondering about the Zaketh for awhile, may have posted it already but a race 6 million years old are there any other powers that are Zakethian but not part of the Zaketh empire? Like from their empire say 3 million years ago that broke off collapsed then reformed with an entirely unique culture.
No, the Zaketh don't allow bits of their Empire to split off (Splitters!) It'll happen eventually as they go into decline, though.
Thought I'd quote that again cause I don't remember seeing it the first time :P 96 kilometers? wow. Picture!
In time... :)
And are humans native to earth? Or are we from an older civilization that collapsed? Or maybe a human civilization collapsed say.. 10,500 BC. That'd be cool.
Heh, nope, we're from Earth alright. The evidence that Humans evolved on Earth is absolutely incontrovertible.

There is something of a story concerning Human origins... and indeed the origins of every species... but it's a secret! :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Monroe wrote:So I was wondering about the Zaketh for awhile, may have posted it already but a race 6 million years old are there any other powers that are Zakethian but not part of the Zaketh empire? Like from their empire say 3 million years ago that broke off collapsed then reformed with an entirely unique culture.
No, the Zaketh don't allow bits of their Empire to split off (Splitters!) It'll happen eventually as they go into decline, though.
Oh I was under the impression that the Zaketh have had many empires and just the current one from 100k BCE reached its height 10k years ago.
Heh, nope, we're from Earth alright. The evidence that Humans evolved on Earth is absolutely incontrovertible.
I agree with you there. Still though there is some evidence that humans have had if not modern advanced than more advanced than they are given credit for civilizations in the past. Though everyone on these boards disagree with me there :P

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:...Though everyone on these boards disagree with me there :P
Well, that's not true.

The Baghdad Batteries, and Antikythera Mechanism certainly show that we had some rather advanced capabilities in the distant past, and lost them. The burning of the Library of Alexandria by the early Christians probably set our knowledge back by a thousand years.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Monroe wrote:...Though everyone on these boards disagree with me there :P
Well, that's not true.

The Baghdad Batteries, and Antikythera Mechanism certainly show that we had some rather advanced capabilities in the distant past, and lost them. The burning of the Library of Alexandria by the early Christians probably set our knowledge back by a thousand years.
I was referring to this thread.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I've been wondering, I know this may sound too Star Trek, but is anything alive in subspace? Seems almost every sci-fi has an intelligent species in subspace and while I'm not really in favor of it, I do love those black sheep of the pack. Like a race that doesn't follow the usual pattern, or outsiders who control a whole Galaxy or live in a slightly different dimension.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I actually thought of having living creatures in midspace, big nasty things that eat ships now and again. But it's been done before - Larry Niven did it a long time ago. I think I wrote down somewhere that there are rumours of such things but no real evidence.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I kinda have one of them, but they only go into Slipstream (equivalent of subspace) on holiday. :D
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I actually thought of having living creatures in midspace, big nasty things that eat ships now and again. But it's been done before - Larry Niven did it a long time ago. I think I wrote down somewhere that there are rumours of such things but no real evidence.
Yeah I have mixed feelings about them. Seems every sci-fi has an equivalent and they're always unexpected :P But I was curious.

-Remain Star Trek-