What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:43 pm And... my work schedule is being changed. I shall now be working 9 PM to 6 AM, starting Wednesday night.

For the record, this is a legit good thing for me. I gt to avoid the crazies, who have been multiplying since the last idjit I talked about.
3rd shift.. oh boy. Minimize the crazy contact but also the sheer amount of personal contact you’ll have. Not many ppl up at those hours. You’ll just be doing re-stocking mostly though right? Is the store even open at those hours?
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:43 pm And... my work schedule is being changed. I shall now be working 9 PM to 6 AM, starting Wednesday night.

For the record, this is a legit good thing for me. I gt to avoid the crazies, who have been multiplying since the last idjit I talked about.
3rd shift.. oh boy. Minimize the crazy contact but also the sheer amount of personal contact you’ll have. Not many ppl up at those hours. You’ll just be doing re-stocking mostly though right? Is the store even open at those hours?
I shall be doing 'order-fulfillment'. My Walmart has a small shipping center in the backroom for Walmart.com. So I will be doing the opposite of stocking. Should be fun. :D
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:59 am
00111010 01000100 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 am

I shall be doing 'order-fulfillment'. My Walmart has a small shipping center in the backroom for Walmart.com. So I will be doing the opposite of stocking. Should be fun. :D
Ahaha. Idk why that’s funny to me? (Could be the isolation causing insanity... must stay away from Walmart’s!). Shipping hmm. Like the order online and pickups? Just curious. I’ve seen the huge Dark glass hexagon pickups from other Walmart’s, looking like security towers just inside the building. Lol. Hope your first night is uneventful but over quickly.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

00111010 01000100 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:03 am

Ahaha. Idk why that’s funny to me? (Could be the isolation causing insanity... must stay away from Walmart’s!). Shipping hmm. Like the order online and pickups? Just curious. I’ve seen the huge Dark glass hexagon pickups from other Walmart’s, looking like security towers just inside the building. Lol. Hope your first night is uneventful but over quickly.
I help that department out from time to time, but no. We get an order. I go around, find the stuff in the order and bring it back to a place in receiving. There it's packed up into a box, placed on a pallet, and when said pallet's full it's wrapped up and placed onto a FedEx trailer that eventually gets picked up.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I have a real jerk of a woodpecker that has taken to drilling the downspout outside my window in the wee hours of the morning. The other day, I found him sitting on the step outside my door, out of the rain. I shooed him away while calling him many bad words in various languages. He now has a friend, a robin, who sits in the tree outside the window and starts chirping at 3:30AM. Granted, I am, by profession and lifestyle, a bit of a night owl, but come on!!!

On the nice side of wild kingdom, a cottontail rabbit has reappeared after a long absence, to munch on the tiny bit of green out back. A year or so ago, a bunny took to lounging in the sunshine, for many days in a row, for several hours a day. Until a huge black panther of a feral feline, was caught stalking the sleeping bunny and I spooked it away with loud shouting of the same woodpecker obscenities as previously mentioned.

On a side note: the giant bulldog-sized trash panda (raccoon) has not returned to raid the garbage cans. Another total jerk of a beast, pretending to leave then peeking around the corner to see if I was still watching, all of this at 2AM, only to waddle across the drive and heave himself over the fence. Frankly I didn't think he would make it.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 am I have a real jerk of a woodpecker that has taken to drilling the downspout outside my window in the wee hours of the morning. The other day, I found him sitting on the step outside my door, out of the rain. I shooed him away while calling him many bad words in various languages. He now has a friend, a robin, who sits in the tree outside the window and starts chirping at 3:30AM. Granted, I am, by profession and lifestyle, a bit of a night owl, but come on!!!

On the nice side of wild kingdom, a cottontail rabbit has reappeared after a long absence, to munch on the tiny bit of green out back. A year or so ago, a bunny took to lounging in the sunshine, for many days in a row, for several hours a day. Until a huge black panther of a feral feline, was caught stalking the sleeping bunny and I spooked it away with loud shouting of the same woodpecker obscenities as previously mentioned.

On a side note: the giant bulldog-sized trash panda (raccoon) has not returned to raid the garbage cans. Another total jerk of a beast, pretending to leave then peeking around the corner to see if I was still watching, all of this at 2AM, only to waddle across the drive and heave himself over the fence. Frankly I didn't think he would make it.
So you have Woody (woodpecker), Red (Robin), and Peter (cottontail) all rocking in your backyard in the wee hours of the day. :) All you’re missing is an Jay (bluebird) or an sandy (Squirrel) to have a animal quartet!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Loud raucous blue jays...check. Obnoxious squirrels...check. Guess I've become so numb to their presence daily, I neglected to mention them.

One very cool addition from last year: a sharp shinned hawk, who patrols the skies locally and made an explosive kill of a dove or sky rat (pidgeon) that left a pile of feathers in the yard. He stood on the kill and plucked it and ate it while I sat watching...stunned! If only it would go after the other beasties!!!
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:22 pm Loud raucous blue jays...check. Obnoxious squirrels...check. Guess I've become so numb to their presence daily, I neglected to mention them.

One very cool addition from last year: a sharp shinned hawk, who patrols the skies locally and made an explosive kill of a dove or sky rat (pidgeon) that left a pile of feathers in the yard. He stood on the kill and plucked it and ate it while I sat watching...stunned! If only it would go after the other beasties!!!
Eh. Give it time, I’m sure the hawk can make short work of the other critters if hungry enough. BOOM! Exploded squirrel! Ka-Boom! Detonated blue jay!! Probably the only safe one would be the aforementioned raccoon. Damn trash bandits. Too big for your average hawk 😭
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Oh, I like the way you think!

Like the old Adam West 'Batman' graphics: Boom!! Ka-Pow !! Sploosh!! Bang Bang Bang!!! (That was for the trash panda!)
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 pm Oh, I like the way you think!

Like the old Adam West 'Batman' graphics: Boom!! Ka-Pow !! Sploosh!! Bang Bang Bang!!! (That was for the trash panda!)
Exactly! (I miss Adam West... he also did the voice of the Family Guy Mayor.
There’s a scene of him eating taffy that the studio said West was cracking everyone up by pantomiming eating taffy.. can only imagine “Batman” doing that).
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

He also did a hilarious guest shot on 'Big Bang Theory' as himself. Great comment about how the recent Batmen had muscles built into their suits. In his time, it was 100% pure West!
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:10 am He also did a hilarious guest shot on 'Big Bang Theory' as himself. Great comment about how the recent Batmen had muscles built into their suits. In his time, it was 100% pure West!
I didn’t know that? I will look that episode up! Thanks :)
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

It has to do with Sheldon's Bday party in one of the later seasons.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 am I have a real jerk of a woodpecker that has taken to drilling the downspout outside my window in the wee hours of the morning. The other day, I found him sitting on the step outside my door, out of the rain. I shooed him away while calling him many bad words in various languages. He now has a friend, a robin, who sits in the tree outside the window and starts chirping at 3:30AM. Granted, I am, by profession and lifestyle, a bit of a night owl, but come on!!!

This has been Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, urban edition, with guest host TPau. :D
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The rabbit has been appearing nightly, before dusk, to impersonate a statue for a while before munching on grass.

All is right with the world for a few moments on Blursday!