Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Seen it! SPOILERS IN HERE!!!!

Post by Lt. Staplic »

me too
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. Must look out for that next time.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yep, it's there. I think they even used TOS sound for it.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Speaking of sound effects, I think photon torpedo sound effects for this movie were made from speeding up the TOS sounds. Also, I think the sound effects were great - Ben Burtt was the head sound guy, and he worked on Star Wars (R2-D2 anyone?) and Wall-e.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hey, I remember something else, the Romulans now have (finally) automatic weapons.
Those were great to see (the ones on the drill platform that Kirk and Sulu used to disable it).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:Hey, I remember something else, the Romulans now have (finally) automatic weapons.
Those were great to see (the ones on the drill platform that Kirk and Sulu used to disable it).
Yeah, I actually really like the effect of the new phaser. Much more realistic feeling. :)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, nice to see some good weapons around.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Actually, since the Narada crew brought them back with them wouldn't that mean the Romulans in the future have them? Or are these civilian only... or borg'd out disruptors?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Borg don't use guns, so I'd imagine they're Romulan guns.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The Borgs don't use mining ships either but they pimped their ride with nanoprobes.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Actualy, I'd say the Borg do have mining ships of some sort. They need to collect the resources to build Cubes somehow.

That said, the mining ship itself is Romulan. They just slapped a load of Borg tech on the hull to help it out.

Personaly, I don't like the Borg connection. Since it's not stated in canon, I preffer to ignore it.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

All I'm saying is it's possible they tweaked their weapons with Borg tech, like Voyager managed to do with everything.

I agree with you on the Borg thing but I'm not ready to disown it just yet since the connection was made via an official publication tied directly into the movie.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tyyr wrote:All I'm saying is it's possible they tweaked their weapons with Borg tech, like Voyager managed to do with everything.
Aye, it's certainly a possibilty. That said, I doubt it's true.
Tyyr wrote:I agree with you on the Borg thing but I'm not ready to disown it just yet since the connection was made via an official publication tied directly into the movie.
Paramount says that the only canon is live-action.
Loopholes FTW. :wink:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I knew that one was coming right back at me.

Well one way or another if anyone tries to call me on it when I give Federation Troops automatic phasers I'm going to point back to those rifles and say, "No reason you can't."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tyyr wrote:I knew that one was coming right back at me.
Heh, I'd be surprised if you didn't. :)
Tyyr wrote:Well one way or another if anyone tries to call me on it when I give Federation Troops automatic phasers I'm going to point back to those rifles and say, "No reason you can't."
We've seen automatic phaser rifles in FC, I believe.