The worst film ever?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Stealth.

There's an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

So many choices, so little time...

Off the top of my head, 'Hudson Hawk' and 'GOR' (or, according to my friend - Giant Obstruction of the Rectum) are neck and neck for worst all time...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Serapha
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Serapha »

GOR? As in based on John Norman's Gor Gor? That would be hideous.

Personally I vote for The Killer Shrews.
"I'm sorry, Penterian Fleet Command cannot come to the comm right now, all our personnel are currently tied up..."

www.bladespark.com It's cute and fuzzy, click at your own risk.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

From what I remember, the film was based on the GOR books.

The MST3K version of it was hilarious, though. "Cabott! Cabott! Cabott!"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Speaking of MST3K, I think the film Devil Fish deserves an honourable mention in the List of Shame.

By the way, welcome to the forum, Serapha. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

They arrested members of a religious cult based around those novels in the north of England a year or so. Takes all sorts......

Here's a website that does reviews of bad movies, both mainstream and B flicks like Plan 9 and Manos.

http://www.agonybooth.com/

It mutated from a site dedicated to the worst Trek episodes, hence the name.
I'm not sure if they are featured on Agony Booth, but here's some more,
Hawk The Slayer, which is so bad it's good, and Universal Soldier: The Return (US 4). I've watched a lot of really, really crap Jean-Claude Van Damme films lately, but that one is so completely incompetent in all respects it stands out from the crowd.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

AgonyBooth is a pretty good site. I like their review of Threshold and Bakashi's versoin of The Lord Of The Rings in particular.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Welcome, Serapha. :)

Any MST3K movie's automatically bad. Although The Incredible melting Man was one of their worst. Oh, and Sidehackers.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Stealth.

There's an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.
Why does everyone I meet on the net think that Stealth is a bad movie? Everyone I talk to in RL liked it.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Stealth wasn't that bad, because the only redeeming feature was the eye candy that is Jessica Biel in a bikini. As for worst movie, I saw this one movie my dad rented when I was still in high school. I think it was the British version of Journey to the Center of the Earth, made absolutely no sense whatsoever...Oh, also the made for TV version of same movie, with Tim Russ and F. Murray Abraham.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I agree with your assessment of Stealth - in other words, there's about ten good minutes in it, as long as you watch it with the sound off.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've never seen Stealth and I don't particularly plan on doing so. A movie about a sentient fighter-jet that goes mad because it got hit by lighting sounds stupid enough for me to avoid.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:I've never seen Stealth and I don't particularly plan on doing so. A movie about a sentient fighter-jet that goes mad because it got hit by lighting sounds stupid enough for me to avoid.
Sure, but yet a man brought to life by a lightning strike and a madman who then goes crazy goes down as a classic. It wasn't sentient, well not exactly. It was an AI who began malfunctioning from a lighting strike. He briefly focused on a fake scinario, but afterwards EDI also began developing feelings. The action sequences were impressive, the concept was great, and I really wish they had made the sequal.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Not to mention a certain military robot that getting hit by lightning and subsequently deciding that it's alive.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Rochey wrote:I've never seen Stealth and I don't particularly plan on doing so. A movie about a sentient fighter-jet that goes mad because it got hit by lighting sounds stupid enough for me to avoid.
Sure, but yet a man brought to life by a lightning strike and a madman who then goes crazy goes down as a classic.
It's not the theme, it's the execution.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind is about flying saucers coming to Earth. It's a classic.

Plan 9 From Outer Space is about flying saucers coming to Earth. It is widely thought the worst movie ever made.

One is a thoughtful exploration of how people might cope with an alien contact. One is not.

Frankenstein is a thoughtful exploration of the implications of creating a life.

Stealth is a pile of garbage whose only redeeming feature is that the female lead has a nice body and waves her hooters at the camera for some of it.

The "action" is utterly absurd and totally unrealistic. I mean, for those who haven't seen it, here's but one example. The computer drone plane flies up to an airborne refuelling system at one point. The system (which is unmanned) refuses access since the plane is a rogue. The plane uses its cannon to shoot the end off the pipe, and then shoves its refuelling probe into the shredded end of the pipe and takes on fuel through that.

This is so utterly impossible that it's beyond laughable. It's the kind of thing that leaves anybody who knows anything about aircraft slack jawed in amazement.

And this is not even remotely close to being the silliest moment in the movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...