Starbolt's Pride Comment thread

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Out of curiosity, what sort of rules are we going to have for this RPG? Or is it just going to be the same as the Daystrom's rules?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Rochey wrote:Out of curiosity, what sort of rules are we going to have for this RPG? Or is it just going to be the same as the Daystrom's rules?
Which I don't know anyway, so please repost if you decide to go with those.
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Methinks the normal rules would be good. They make sense.

...Though, yeah, a repost would be good xD or a link. Ive got the worst memory, and i dont know my way around this site yet >.>
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Daystrom's posting rules:
Posting rules:

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible since this is supposed to be fun.

Post responsibly, don't be super man and try to stay in character. If your guy is a science nerd like mine is don't make him Rambo also. Your character has faults. No one is amazing at everything. It makes for a very boring character and a annoying one.

Remember this is an RPG not a war game. Don't just wait for the action or wait for someone to give you something to do. Create your own mini stories and character development. Build relationships with other character either good or bad. The main plot is just there to keep us online it is not the defining point of the story.

I'm not going to put a size restriction on post sizes but make it reasonably. To big and people may have trouble reading it all if there are several posts like that.

You can't kill or maim another character. This means you can't give them any injury that they can not easily continue work with. During a fight you can say some shrapnel hit Rochey and caused a cut on his arm or something like that but nothing more. You are free to do what ever you like to your character.

You can do what ever you like to your own OC's but the rules above apply when dealing with other peoples. I can kill by science OC's but not engineering ones. You can kill any faceless person you want. So long as someone hasn't created a specific character you are free to kill them.

Try to not cause anything to outrageous like the Borg showing up or something totally absurd. Most of this is just common sense.

And that's about it. The standard posting rules which most people follow naturally.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sorry, missed this part:
You have to wait for there to be at least two posts after your last one before posting again. Again this is to stop people running away with the story.

Example of good posting order:

Mikey
Teaos
Blackstar
Rochey
Mikey

Bad posting would look like

Teaos
Metalhead
Teaos
Seafort
Teaos
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I didn't realize how new Jabber is. Welcome!
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Hehe, thanks Sunnyside ;^^ Yeah, im new here. I dont know all that much about Star Treck anymore, either, i kinda blitzed it from my mind after a... nasty Startreck Rp. So, umm, if i say anything completley out of continuity.. could someone nudge me in a PM instead of going nuts IC >.> Heh, just a request.
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Don't worry, you only really need a general knowledge of the Trek universe to know what's going on. :)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yes...We're certainly taking Trek Roleplay to where no RPG has gone before...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I like to call it 'pioneering'. :wink:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I like to call it Joe
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I won't even ask...
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

You guys might also want to comment on your views of being written in on other peoples posts.

Also I think we're waiting on a blackstar post.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I'm working on it
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And we're off. :)