Redesigned Classic Trek Enterprise

The Original Series
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

If you go to the size charts on the mane page, pick "ALL" and then compare the Miranda to the NX (the Miranda more so than the Miranda refit), you can see they are very similar. The nicells simply dropped down and the weapon pod went up. Other than that they are easily related.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I like that redesigned ship. The smooth hull was rather boring to me. But it's canon, so it shouldn't be changed for one movie.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay, I'll drop it.

As I've said before, a nice design. Although I also like the smoother version too.
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

It's an effective art work, but I still like the TOS original. A piece of classic design IMO. My only real problems with the original design are the light bulb phaser emitter, and the swirly lights on the front of the nacelles (bussard collectors?) and the light bulbs at the back of the nacelles on one of the filming models. The bussard collectors on the artwork look better, and are still in keeping with the original design.
At the top of the home page -
http://www.startrekreborn.net/viewpage.php?page_id=46
- There are three actors photo-shopped to look like, presumably, Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I recognize James Marsters and Gary Sinise (who should have been cast, if available, in the upcoming film, if you ask me), but who is their Kirk?
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I like that redesigned ship. The smooth hull was rather boring to me. But it's canon, so it shouldn't be changed for one movie.
Just a question... but is it not possible that a ship had the armor skin but then a better, smooth white skin was developed and the ship was relatively quickly retrofitted?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Absolutely it is possible. In this particular case, though, there appear to be actual structural differences from the "Reborn" vessel to the original TOS Connie-class.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Indeed. The neck has a significantly different shape, as does the bottom of the engineering hull.

I suppose it's no greater a refit than TOS>TMP, though. :P

Maybe this is Captain April's Enterprise.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Enkidu wrote:It's an effective art work, but I still like the TOS original. A piece of classic design IMO. My only real problems with the original design are the light bulb phaser emitter, and the swirly lights on the front of the nacelles (bussard collectors?) and the light bulbs at the back of the nacelles on one of the filming models. The bussard collectors on the artwork look better, and are still in keeping with the original design.
At the top of the home page -
http://www.startrekreborn.net/viewpage.php?page_id=46
- There are three actors photo-shopped to look like, presumably, Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I recognize James Marsters and Gary Sinise (who should have been cast, if available, in the upcoming film, if you ask me), but who is their Kirk?
His name is Sean Patrick Flanery. He played as Indiana Jones in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, one of those TV shows in the early to mid 90's that could have done better, and in the TV movies of The Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones. He also had a recurring role in The Dead Zone as Greg Stillson, and he was in the movies The Boondock Saints as Connor MacManus and Suicide Kings as Max Minot. He's actually an accomplished actor, though I'll have to see him as Kirk to give him my seal of approval.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

I remember the Young Indy chronicles, though I never really got into them. I wouldn't have recognized him in a thousand years!
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Enkidu wrote:I remember the Young Indy chronicles, though I never really got into them. I wouldn't have recognized him in a thousand years!
Thank goodness for imdb.com! By the way, I kinda like the new take on the Connie, it looks more buff, more muscular, but I agree that they shouldn't change it, and keep it canon instead.
Also, I'm in the middle of drawing a new starship, and I'd like to share it on the forum. I call it the Monarch Class. It's going to be a counterpart to the Sov, like the Constitution had the Miranda, the Galaxy has the Nebula, so Monarch came naturally. I don't know if it's already been done or not, but it will be put up in the next few days(I'm drawing it on paper, old school style with pencils and everything). I'd love your feedback on it when it's posted!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

*cough*topic people*cough*

Gee you really are bad at this. :P
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tiberius wrote:*cough*topic people*cough*

Gee you really are bad at this.
I am shocked! You've been around here long enough to know that the posted topic doesn't match the discussion after a couple of pages!

Such blasphemy is hard to ignore...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You've been around here long enough to know that the posted topic doesn't match the discussion after a couple of posts!
Edited for accuracy. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Rochey wrote:
You've been around here long enough to know that the posted topic doesn't match the discussion after a couple of posts!
I'm a little teapot short and stout! :wink:
Edited for my amusement.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Mikey wrote:
Tiberius wrote:*cough*topic people*cough*

Gee you really are bad at this.
I am shocked! You've been around here long enough to know that the posted topic doesn't match the discussion after a couple of pages!

Such blasphemy is hard to ignore...
And you'll note that I was in no way surprised. I know you guys are bad, I was just commenting on the way that people here have a harder time staying on topic than a drunk Pakled has staying in a stable orbit. :P
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!