Alpha V2 OOC Thread

Moderator: BigJKU316

BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Alpha V2 OOC Thread

Post by BigJKU316 »

Read the treaty first. There are no "claims" in the sense of just saying you claim systems X,Y and Z. You can say that but no one will recognize a claim unless you put people down on a world.

And after the 5 year turns are over.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That's what I meant, and that makes sense.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have Office 2007, is that okay? :)
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Never posed me a problem so far :)
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Yes, any version of excel from 2003 on should work fine (and possibly earlier). I am now on 2010 on two computers and 2003 on one. The sheet will import to and from without problems as I don't use any 2010 specific functions. If I happen to send them in an .xlsx format then you can get the converter for free from microsoft. Just google .xlsx converter and you will find it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Surprised we haven't seen a grandiose Federation speech yet. :P
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Ah, cool thanks guys :)
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

For the custom races, who is running which? And how are we treating them compared to the series races? New arrivals to the galactic scene or assuming they have always been major players?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've got the Turian Hierarchy. Within reason, the basic premise of turian society is that it is very ordered, patriotic and disciplined. But they are aggressive. Hopefully a bigger bio should be posted by me or big at some point. As for how long we've been around, can't really say.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well I'm the Ragnar Imperial Republic, and as you can probably tell, I'm playing it as a just showed up on the scene.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Um... are our starting ships not supposed to have any numbers on the battle stats page?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Lighthawk wrote:For the custom races, who is running which? And how are we treating them compared to the series races? New arrivals to the galactic scene or assuming they have always been major players?
New races are treated as if they have been around for a while but were far enough on the outside of major powers that they were not really involved prior to now. Now the the Dominion issue is settled people will start looking out again, bringing them into play.

Each custom player should post up their information in the IC thread so people know who is who. If they want to start a race fact file here as well just start a new thread for it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Reliant121 wrote:Surprised we haven't seen a grandiose Federation speech yet. :P
Just you wait. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

stitch626 wrote:Um... are our starting ships not supposed to have any numbers on the battle stats page?
Yeah, you need to fill in the red cells. It is a time saving thing for me. Does not have to be this turn just before the end of the 5 year turns. If you are going to scrap something don't bother messing with it.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Actually thinking on the issue...if the Tholians and Gorn want to design their own ships they might as well. If you want to let me know. I let the other custom races do it, since we have no info for those powers we can do it there too.