Attention Gamers

What gaming systems have you/do you own?

NES
5%
SNES
6%
Sega Genesis
3%
N64
7%
Sega Saturn
1%
PlayStation
4%
Dreamcast
No votes
PS2
11%
Gamecube
3%
Xbox
7%
PS3
2%
Wii
7%
Xbox 360
6%
Game Boy
5%
Game Gear
1%
Game Boy Color
6%
Game Boy Advanced (any version)
7%
DS (any version)
4%
PSP
2%
Pfft, Consoles...
9%

Total votes: 94
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Attention Gamers

Post by Lighthawk »

You'll have to take that up with the forum designers for giving us ONLY 20 poll options.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I am pretty much exclusively Nintendo aside from my XBox. I've got a Wii right now but use my computer for most of my real gaming.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I hop between Computer/PS3/360. I tend to prefer the PS3 though, picture quality always seems slightly better on either my smallHD in my room or the fatass LG in the living room. I prefer the controller as well, but sometimes games just dont come on PS3 (like ME1/2).
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Reliant121 wrote: I tend to prefer the PS3 though... I prefer the controller as well.
Personally I prefer the xbox stick layout - i always thought the PS one was more of a compromise when they put the analogue sticks on the older PS controller but then again its a matter for personal preference.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I don't really feel three is much different in layout tbh. The sizes are what change the comfort for me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mikey wrote:None. That;s right, none. But, I do have a question - we are considering getting a motion-sensitive console for the fam this Xmas; what's best for a family, including a 6-year-old: Wii, XBox w/ Kinect, or PS Move? I'm getting the impression that Wii has a lot more family-oriented software available, but I'd like some input.
I'd go for the Wii. It's been around for a while, so it's got a lot of games and the bugs have been more or less all worked out of the system. The Kinect and PS Move is just a case of Sony and Microsoft trying to jump on the bandwagon before the motion-controlled thing dies off, and thus I doubt the quality of the systems themselves.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I doubt motion gaming is going anywhere. I don't think the next Medal of Honor game will be motion but I think for "casual" and kids oriented games its here to stay.

I think you go with the Wii. It's more mature and has a ton of games out right now. The PS3 move from what I've seen doesn't have many games for it and those it does have aren't worth the price of admission from what I've read. The Kinect will likely go far but that's in the future, right now it's pretty new and pretty sparse on games. My kids love the Wii with my boy playing Wii sports a lot and my daughter playing a princess game.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:My kids love the Wii with my boy playing Wii sports a lot and my daughter playing a princess game.
That's the ticket for me. Pretty much what I figured, I just wanted to get some more-experienced opinions. What might be available for me to enjoy is a very distant also-ran in the factors to consider for a console for my family.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I can't really speak to what you might enjoy. Though Goldeneye is coming out for the Wii, that's really the first Wii game that I've wanted just for me. Everything else has been bought with an eye towards either the kids or the wife.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:...Though Goldeneye is coming out for the Wii...
Whoa, whoa. Back up there. Are you serious? That would be flippin' awesome.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yup, it's back.

I'm buying it and two more controllers.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think that Kinect will be a technically good system once its matured, but its not mature enough. Plus microsoft seem to be aiming it to a more mature audience, hence the wii is definitely more suitable.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:I can't really speak to what you might enjoy. Though Goldeneye is coming out for the Wii, that's really the first Wii game that I've wanted just for me. Everything else has been bought with an eye towards either the kids or the wife.
Yeah, if things like that come out I'll definitely pick up something - but we're getting primarily for the kids.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Motion gaming for serious games won't really get big until they get into holographic technology (Trek style, but with less RL death).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, motion gaming won't happen for serious games until serious gamers can run in place, jump, dive, and make like spec ops troops for 8 hours straight without passing out. Even then I doubt it would catch on, after that's not most people's idea of fun.