Titanic II

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Titanic II

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Well I haven't yet seen Sharktopus, so I must reserve judgment...
Nor have I, but I saw an ad for it on SyFy featuring Josh Gates saying, "Sharktopus- really?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It was below average even for Sci-Fi, the standard monster gets loose plot of 95% of the monster movies on there.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wonder if it will end up on Hulu?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's really not worth the time even if you can watch it for free.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

IDK, Uzume and I love terrible movies.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'm the guy who actually makes sure to watch the Saturday night Syphilis Channel movies and even I turned it off.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Mark wrote:I just realized, we never saw a "USS Titanic" is Star Trek. I guess even those writers thought that would be a bit too much 8)
Now, there's an idea. Titanic in space. I wonder what a writer could use for the "iceberg".
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Think Doctor Who has already done it :)

I'd like to see a Trek version of The Poseiden Adventure. Gravity system is buggered and turns the floor into the ceiling. A few desperate survivors try and make it to the Captains Yacht at the bottom of the saucer section whilst radiation slowly floods in through that pesky glass window atop of the bridge.

I'm thinking a few people dropping from tables in Ten Forward and going splat, few deaths falling down (up) a turbolift shaft, someone having a heartattack whilst trying to swim through Cetacean Ops.

Oh, and Ernest Borgnine.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

kostmayer wrote:Think Doctor Who has already done it :)

I'd like to see a Trek version of The Poseiden Adventure. Gravity system is buggered and turns the floor into the ceiling. A few desperate survivors try and make it to the Captains Yacht at the bottom of the saucer section whilst radiation slowly floods in through that pesky glass window atop of the bridge.

I'm thinking a few people dropping from tables in Ten Forward and going splat, few deaths falling down (up) a turbolift shaft, someone having a heartattack whilst trying to swim through Cetacean Ops.

Oh, and Ernest Borgnine.
That actually sounds rather interesting...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

kostmayer wrote:...Oh, and Ernest Borgnine.
Captain Ernest Borgnine?
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Varthikes wrote:
Mark wrote:I just realized, we never saw a "USS Titanic" is Star Trek. I guess even those writers thought that would be a bit too much 8)
Now, there's an idea. Titanic in space. I wonder what a writer could use for the "iceberg".
Well if you want space ice you need a comet. And instead of flooding the ship, you have atmosphere leaking out one section at a time because some idiot designed the air containment system to use force fields and oh no, the power grid is failing bit by bit. Better hurry to those handful of escape pods that couldn't possibly fit the entire crew.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

kostmayer wrote:Think Doctor Who has already done it :)
So did Futurama.

"Kiff, set a course for that blackish holeish thing over there."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"