From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Worst Comic book Movie ever

Post by BigJKU316 »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Batman And Robin
It has to be this because the others were all niche comics at best. This was a movie that took a top 3 comic book character (Batman, Superman, Spiderman) that had spawned numerous successful spinoffs in all forms and NEARLY KILLED the movie side of the franchise.

Not just that but it was not some movie dominated by B-listers or anyting. The whole cast were pretty much big names on one level or another. It honestly seemed like they tried to make it awful.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

The Hulk

not the new one with Edward Norton, but the first one they made.....I still am not exactly sure what the plot is in that movie...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I'm really tempted to say "League of Extra Ordinairy Gentlemen", because compared to the comic it is dire. I would really love to see this brought to the big screen with the faithfulness to the comic as Watchmen was.

However, if you ignore the comic its based on, and take the film for what it is, its still pretty good fun.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Good one. I had (mercifully) forgotten about that.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

stitch626 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
stitch626 wrote:There have been many movies based off of comics. Some more than once. So whats the worst you've seen.

For me, I'd have to go with Superman. The Chris Reeve one. Haven't seen its sequel, that may be worse.

You are dead to me.
Sorry. But I can't stand it. The plot is ridiculously predictable and he can't lose. After seeing the end, there's no sense of "well, he might lose someone" cause he can just go back in time and fix it.

Question about this "Tank Girl"... is it worth it to watch for the lolz? Or just plain bad?
Okay... so lemme get this straight. Christopher Reeve fucking nails both Superman and Clark Kent, being able to convincingly do the whole 'glasses and cowlick are enough of a disguise', the rest of the cast is also similarly awesome in their roles and seem to have been transplanted off the comic book page. The special effects are bleeding-edge when the movie came out and still hold up incredibly well today. The musical score is one of the best John Williams has ever done...

And you honestly think this is worse than Tank Girl? Or Batman and Robin? Or THIS Captain America movie?

The plot is predictable? It's the ur-example of every superhero movie out there!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's predictable because it was first! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: And yes, he's invincible. THAT'S SUPERMAN!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Can't be topped.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And you honestly think this is worse than Tank Girl? Or Batman and Robin? Or THIS Captain America movie?

The plot is predictable? It's the ur-example of every superhero movie out there!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's predictable because it was first! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: And yes, he's invincible. THAT'S SUPERMAN!
Never saw Tank Girl or that CA movie.

And Batman and Robin doesn't exist. :wink:
(Though honestly, I let it slide because it had Mr. Freeze, my favorite DC villain ever.)

I will admit, Reeve pulled of Superman great. But the lack of any sense of danger made me yawn.

However, I will retract it as worst because I forgot about the Hulk movie Nick and Staplic mentioned. The one with inflata-Hulk. :roll:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

stitch626 wrote:

Never saw Tank Girl or that CA movie.

And Batman and Robin doesn't exist. :wink:
(Though honestly, I let it slide because it had Mr. Freeze, my favorite DC villain ever.)

I will admit, Reeve pulled of Superman great. But the lack of any sense of danger made me yawn.

However, I will retract it as worst because I forgot about the Hulk movie Nick and Staplic mentioned. The one with inflata-Hulk. :roll:
I have no clue what else to say. Boring, no. Ah, remember the kryptonite???

Also, it's not just about his powers. It's about the responsibility when using those powers.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I have no clue what else to say. Boring, no. Ah, remember the kryptonite???
'Cept Luthor was a moron and instead of killing him with a gun or something, he threw him into the pool. At which point I knew he would be saved by miss whats-her-name (who was just plain annoying) and hence, boring.

Add on top of that the terrible writing for the military folks and other minor characters, the only thing that saved it IMO was Reeve's acting.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

I've never been particulary thrilled by any of the superman movies, save whichever one it was that had his evil clone born of nuclear energy and the sun, and that was just because it was cool to finally have a villian go toe to toe with big blue and hand out a whooping on him. That was the biggest let down of the newest movie (though plenty else in it sucked). It was just one more "lets use the green rocks on superman" story line. None of the movies have ever truly captured Luther's real genius and ability, he's always seemed more of a standard "evil genius" than the dangerous manipulator he is in the comics.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Is it wrong of me that I enjoyed Tank Girl when I watched it? I may have been in middle school and slightly drugged but I still remember enjoying myself while watching that movie.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Slightly drugged is the best way to be if you want to enjoy it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Deepcrush wrote:Is it wrong of me that I enjoyed Tank Girl when I watched it? I may have been in middle school and slightly drugged but I still remember enjoying myself while watching that movie.
Yes, very wrong.

Superman was a great adaptation of the comic books. Sadly he's probably the single most boring superhero ever.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Superman may be boring... but to think it's the worst superhero movie out there when there's so much good with it and there's so much suck in other movies... :bangwall: :madashell:

I mean, seriously. For Christopher Reeve's performance alone it's one of the best.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm sorry, but for me if they movie doesn't entertain me in the least (either through good humor or through an engaging plot... maybe more things) then I consider it a poor movie.

Add to that, I had just seen Superman five minutes before I posted the thread, so it was fresh on my mind. As I posted a few back, I retract it as the worst I've seen. That would be the 2000ish Hulk.