Sisko's Best Command Decisions

Deep Space Nine
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sisko's Best Command Decisions

Post by Vic »

Hey, hey! Nothin' wrong with bein' "provincial"!

:wink: :lol:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sticking around to defend DS9 from the Circle.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One of my very favourite Sisko moments is when he's deploying the minefield and Weyoun comes and orders it removed. Sisko says no, and Weyoun gives him a sob story about Cardassian children starving. The meeting ends on a cordial, friendly note, like many negotiations do in Trek... and in the very next instant we see Sisko with his senior staff saying "They're going to attack. He spun a lot of BS, but I didn't buy it for a second and he knew I didn't." It just made me smile so much to see that Sisko played along with Weyoun whilst seeing right through him.

And besides, I love Weyoun's incredulous "You will not ALLOW?!" and Sisko's "You heard me!"

Mining the wormhole in general, one of Sisko's greatest moments. It didn't "win the war" quite - the Cardassians did remove it eventually, after all. But the minefield, and it's subsequent replacement by the Prophets decision to take sides, did make the war winnable.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

It was a great decision. The Dominion had to pour considerable resources into taking the station, and even then they failed to take down the minefield, meaning they had to rely on their assets in the Alpha Quadrant.

Still, can't help feeling the war would have been a lot shorter and a lot lest costly for the Federation had the plan been approved a lot sooner.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The incidents in In The Pale Moonlight. Probably my greatest episode of the entirety of trek. Nice to see a captain that is actually human, instead of sitting high on his/her moral pedestal.