MS Outlook Issue

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: MS Outlook Issue

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well, there's two different email issues. One is using the campus email through outlook.com It is slow to respond when students try to log on and such and often stops working. MY issue is with the Microsoft Outlook that comes with the MS Office Suite, which has worked fine forever. When I send it tells me "Outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) mail server". Now I am home for the weekend and it works fine.. so tomorrow or tuesday i visit IT.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Give them a bit of 'sheet' from me :) Tell them to unblock the SMTP port on their firewall!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well it does indeed turn out that they have an outgoing SMTP block active for all accounts except the campus address. :bangwall: Oh well
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."