Post by Lazar »

Anything I can do to help?
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find the Founders VIII

Post by Nickswitz »

If I can help in any way, I'de be glad to help, what does anyone need, I'll try and find some food.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Ensign Mikey stumbled sleepily into the XO's makeshift quarters, gasped in horror, and barely avoided becoming violently sick. He was fresh out of the Academy; and while he had obviously done well enough to merit his front-line post, his crewmates understood that nothing in his training could have prepared him for the grisly sight of Stitch's quartered body. "Holy sh*t," he said after recovering his wits. "What are we gonna do?" Recovering himself, Mikey continued, "*ahem*Sorry. I can probably help with that comm array."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I can use all the help I can get, ensign.

You don't look well; maybe you should sit for awhile, then try and help me adjust the frequency on this rigged up pile of crap.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lt Deepcrush stood, his body feeling broken from a landing. He had strapped everyone else in but didn't have a chance to do so for himself. He walked over and stood before the crew.

"What is our status? Who do we have here?"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, I've got a makeshift comm array up and running, and the majority of us seem to be mostly intact, but the Commander died warning us that we have three Founders amongst us. I'm not a fan of those odds, personally.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*hurries in*

Hey, what's all the.....

*spots Stitch*

Oh, shit. What happened?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Unfortunately, my science expertise don't extend to subspace communications.... However, I could help Nick find some food. I was decent in my academy bio class, and a Boy Scout. I should be able to distinguish what's edible from what's not.

If you're interested in the help Nick.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'll take all the help I can get MM&I, thanks, we should get on our way to find that food now, before it gets dark. Then we'll have bob cook it up well for us, he's the best cook I know, hope he likes the local food supply.
The world ended

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Exactly what is the local food supply I wonder? The pods didn't detect any animal life did they?
Also, what do we think? Buddy System? There are ten of us, if we split into 5 groups of 2, at the very least four of us will survive the night, still a human majority. And this assumes that the 3 Founders kill 3 different people in one night. Since we're all still here, except Commander Stitch, that must not be there MO....
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Killing 3 in one night would be very risky. If just one victim manages to sound the alert, the other two could find themselves caught in the act. I'll be on them ganging up and taking us down one by one quickly and quietly. It's what I'd do in their place.

As for food, I was checking out some moss I found deeper into the cave. It tastes like shit, but its pretty nutritional. So starving to death isn't going to be a problem.

Any suggestions on what to do about our Founder problem?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I think we should try to figure out who the founders are, how I'm not sure, but we should try.
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, yeah, that kinda went without saying.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Of course we should try, but I'm honestly a little nervous about provoking them without any resources.

*glances at Rochey*
What do you mean, "It's what I'd do in their place?" And did you really test the toxicity of some alien moss by tasting it?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

::Finishes tinkering with the comm array to listen to the conversation::

the buddy system sounds like a good idea, however I doubt the founders will be dumb enough to attack during the day, when we're all awake...

we need a group system during the night too, get two or three on watch and all stay in the same room.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.