Fleets and Armies of Stargate.

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Fleets and Armies of Stargate.

Post by Sonic Glitch »

JudgeKing wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Rochey wrote:After looking it up, there were 5 ships of the Daedalus pattern.
Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev, Apollo and Sun Tzu. The Korolev was built by the USAF, and later given to the Russians. Also, in an alternate timeline, there was a sixth ship; the Phoenix.
Sun Tzu? Where from?
Mentioned in Enemy at the Gate.
I saw. ;-) Great episode.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

me,myself and I wrote:I saw. ;-) Great episode.
It was too rushed in my humble opinion. It should've been a parter with both episodes 90 minutes long.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

JudgeKing wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:I saw. ;-) Great episode.
It was too rushed in my humble opinion. It should've been a parter with both episodes 90 minutes long.
I didn't think it was too bad. Admittadly, a 2-parter or multi-part arc ala The Siege would've been cooler/more fun, but it didn't seem excessively rushed to me.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I've long wondered why they don't give up on the secrecy aspect of Stargate. It's borderline absurd to think this could be kept secret at this stage, and what would it really affect in the way of the plots if the public knew about it?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If anything, it'd open up way more storylines and possibilities. Think about all the various groups that would form among the populace. There could be an entire season's worth of material dedicated to handling the political and social fallout of the revelation of the Stargate to the world.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Slightly off topic (oh wait, this is DITL :lol: ), but I think this should same question about secrecy should undermine any thoughts about Area 51, Roswell and little green men.... :?
Phantom Renegade
Banned

Post by Phantom Renegade »

Rochey wrote:After looking it up, there were 5 ships of the Daedalus pattern.
Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev, Apollo and Sun Tzu. The Korolev was built by the USAF, and later given to the Russians. Also, in an alternate timeline, there was a sixth ship; the Phoenix.
The Phoenix is being renamed the George Hammand by its commander Col. Sam Carter, mentioned in the last episode. It'll be completed some time in 2009. I do wonder who owns the Sun Tzu. It's not an American name, but Chinese I believe. Makes me wonder if we gave them a 304 or if they built their own or if someone just really liked the name.
And what do they do when they lose a ship? If two or three people die in Iraq, the media is all over it. How are they going to cover up the fact that 200 people just died all at once? What are they possibly going to say that will allieviate suspicion?
Massive accident at the classified research base they're supposedly assigned to? They covered up the loss of the Nimitz and her battle group, covering up 200 deaths couldn't be any harder.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Phantom Renegade wrote: Massive accident at the classified research base they're supposedly assigned to? They covered up the loss of the Nimitz and her battle group, covering up 200 deaths couldn't be any harder.
When'd that happen?
Phantom Renegade
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:
Phantom Renegade wrote: Massive accident at the classified research base they're supposedly assigned to? They covered up the loss of the Nimitz and her battle group, covering up 200 deaths couldn't be any harder.
When'd that happen?
It was destroyed in "Lost City Part 2" buy Anubis shortly before the Battle of Antarctica
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Phantom Renegade wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
When'd that happen?
It was destroyed in "Lost City Part 2" buy Anubis shortly before the Battle of Antarctica
Really? huh. Didn't remember that.
Phantom Renegade
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:
Phantom Renegade wrote:
me,myself and I wrote: When'd that happen?
The cover up story was freak meteor storm that hit the battle group.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Phantom Renegade wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Phantom Renegade wrote:
Riiight ok. To quote Jacob Carter, "You guys really need to work on your cover stories."
Phantom Renegade
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:
Phantom Renegade wrote:
me,myself and I wrote: Really? huh. Didn't remember that.
Riiight ok. To quote Jacob Carter, "You guys really need to work on your cover stories."
Well, Go'uld energy blasts from space could look like meteors. And people in general are kinda stupid.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Phantom Renegade wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Well, Go'uld energy blasts from space could look like meteors. And people in general are kinda stupid.
As Agent K once said, "A person is smart. People are dumb, stupid, panicky animals and you know it."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

me,myself and I wrote:Riiight ok. To quote Jacob Carter, "You guys really need to work on your cover stories."
I'm surprised they didn't claim it was lost due to an overload of deep space radar telemetry...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...