Our Star Trek Wargame.......Reborn!

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Our Star Trek Wargame.......Reborn!

Post by Reliant121 »

I'd like to give it a try at some point, but it all seems complicated to me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Glad to see there's a bit of interest. To adress some points:

Complexity:
Looking at it there, it probably does look very detailed and complicated, but it isn't really. Most of the complicated stuff is done by the mod (me) while the players simply call out orders.

For example:
In the Conn Phase, I'll call out how far apart the two ships are, and what way they're facing relative to each other ("Stitch's BoP is 400 KM from Mark's Miranda, and is approaching it from port"). Then the two players will let me know what action they wish to take (Stitch tries to maneouver his ship to target Mark's bridge, while Mark takes evasive action in anticipation of a torpedo barrage). I'll let them know what the results are of this, and then we jump to the next phase.

In the Tac Phase, the players simply call out what parts of the enemy ship they want to target, and with what weapons (for example, Stitch decides to fire a tight spread of torpedoes at Mark's bridge, while firing all his forward disruptors at Mark's nacelles). Again, I'll work out the results and let you know what sort of damage was dealt during the attack, and alert you to any particularly important damage done (ie, Mark's bridge is now a flaming ruin).

D6+1:
For he who aksed (Shran?), "D6+1" is simply shorthand for "roll a dice and add 1 to the score". Similarly, 2d6+3 means "roll two dice and add three to the score", giving a possible score for anywhere between 5 and 15.

The dice:
I'll be supplying the dice. I know of no way to truly be able to verify that the results that you got were true, but you'll just have to trust me to be honest.

On orders:
All orders should be PMed to the mod in question (again, me). If you want you can post them openly, as there's no rules against it, but that'll let your opponent see your plans, which ain't a good thing in war.

On ship names:
Feel free to name them what you want. In fact, it'd probably be easier if you named them, as I wouldn't have to keep reffering to the ships as "Mark's ship" and "Stitch's ship".

Anyway, with two players ready to go, I'll throw up a scenario and a dedicated thread momentarily.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sounds fun, I'm definately in the next one.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hmmm, name...
I'm not to good at naming ships. :?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

stitch626 wrote:Hmmm, name...
I'm not to good at naming ships. :?
Its a klingon ship isnt it?

IKV Kam'Ragh
IKV G'rugh'bach
IKV Hugh'lagh
IKV Kam'sa
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I like this one "IKV Kam'Ragh".
Thanks.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

No problem :)

I enjoy thinking up names of ships.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Uh....there's one important fact that everyone, myself included, has forgotten: what type of BoP is this?
I think the most even match I can find is the D-13 model. It's far weaker than the Miranda in terms of torp power, but it has stronger beam weapons, armour and is more maneouverable, so it'd probably give the Miranda a good run for its money. I think I'll use that one, if there's no objections.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think that is probably the best match for the ships that are involved.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That was what I was thinking it was, unless Mark wants me to use a D'Tai or B'rel. :mrgreen:
So, I've given my orders to Rochey. Now gotta wait for Mark... oh.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

is it all going to take place in here, or is there a new thread?
If so, could you post a link, I'd like to see it unfold.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:is it all going to take place in here, or is there a new thread?
If so, could you post a link, I'd like to see it unfold.
It's right under this one. :wink:

They haven't started yet though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Click me.

I'll post up important stats on the two ships later (shields, weapons, hull strenght, etc). Once Mark sends me his orders, which may not be 'till tomorrow night, I can get things rolling.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'll throw my hat in the ring for a future contest. Maybe I'll see what the ol' USS Daystrom can do. :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Count me in as another possible.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.