Game mechanics, dice rolls, and other crap

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Characters

Post by Deepcrush »

I would lay back a bit on how well known this guy is in his IG career. A wildly popular and successful High Born Lord General would be a target sign on him. Same thing with his meeting a reporter of some kind. This is a man who would be trying to stay out of the spot light. Maybe he changed his name or fixed up his ID to make him look like someone else. His troubles could be from his success, he's too good at what he does so people always seem to find him. Again, maybe, this is why he came to the Inq. To get away from his past and build a new future. IF... he was as popular as you say then he wouldn't be able to fit into our current line of work which is going about unseen and very much not noticed.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, I can safely say that while people might notice my (soon to be worked-up - sorry guys :( ) character, they'll quickly un-notice him. :twisted:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I was bored so I put some more info in on my character bio. I was thinking about writing some short stories for my new world. Just figured this is a good place to work up a social type and history.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Right on. :)

Where've you been, man? Job hunting?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wow. Just a little bit of detail, huh, Deep? :wink:

As far as how public Monroe's char is - becoming a hero, publicly saying how he wants to root out heresy, may be a PR move for him and his family... one which could backfire when he's actually put into the fray. Either way, I'd guess it's up to Monroe. Once he's on board, though, he'll realize that the Inquisition demands more subtlety.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Where've you been, man? Job hunting?
Well of course, can't be spying on people for too long. Gets old after a while. :lol:
Wow. Just a little bit of detail, huh, Deep? :wink:
The more detail, the better the character. Plus, I was thinking about writing a few short stories about the campaiqns his been in. His rise through the ranks, his and his peoples troubles with the Commissars and maybe what moved him to leave the Army and join the Inq as a SpecOp.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As far as how public Monroe's char is - becoming a hero, publicly saying how he wants to root out heresy, may be a PR move for him and his family... one which could backfire when he's actually put into the fray. Either way, I'd guess it's up to Monroe. Once he's on board, though, he'll realize that the Inquisition demands more subtlety.
I'm thinking a large part of our mission time is going to be spent just trying to keep this High Born alive.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Meh. The state of his soul is my concern; the state of his body, not so much.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

My concern is the state of my paycheck! :laughroll:

Captain's pay is only nice if I'm alive to spend it.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:I would lay back a bit on how well known this guy is in his IG career. A wildly popular and successful High Born Lord General would be a target sign on him. Same thing with his meeting a reporter of some kind. This is a man who would be trying to stay out of the spot light. Maybe he changed his name or fixed up his ID to make him look like someone else. His troubles could be from his success, he's too good at what he does so people always seem to find him. Again, maybe, this is why he came to the Inq. To get away from his past and build a new future. IF... he was as popular as you say then he wouldn't be able to fit into our current line of work which is going about unseen and very much not noticed.
Well I was thinking regional popularity. Tis a big Galaxy.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True, big galaxy. But he's still just one High Born with a lot of people trying to kill him. I have a feeling we'll be running into a few problems here and there. Though, it may be fun since we'll have to keep on our toes.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:True, big galaxy. But he's still just one High Born with a lot of people trying to kill him. I have a feeling we'll be running into a few problems here and there. Though, it may be fun since we'll have to keep on our toes.
Well if you want I can cut the fame part back. I was just trying t think of a way to make him worth to be with the Inquisition.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If it were me, I'd just cut back on the 'talking to the press" bit. Other than that, I don't see a problem.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Name: Stig
Height: 5'8
Weight: 200lbs
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Tan
Build: Muscular

Homeworld: A penal world somewhere in the Calixis Sector

Equipment:

Axe
Flintlock
Knife (made from an animal thigh bone)
Grox-skin breeches
Fur lined vest
Grox hide boots
Grox hide rucksack

Past:

Stig was born the only son of an Imperial Guardsmen who had been condemned to a penal world and a local he had married. The world had long since descended into a feral hell that was occasionally visited by ships dropping off new convicts. Stig grew up listening to the stories of his fathers Guard service and thanks to his dad being well travelled and (relatively) educated, he was one of the few natives to be able to read and write.

When he was 18 his mother and father were raped and killed by a neighbouring tribe. Fortunately he had been hunting grox at the time and survived. He spent the next 12 or so years plotting revenge and killing the rival tribe one by one when they left the village. How he came to the service of the Inquisition or how he even got off the planet is not known, indeed Stig himself is less than clear on how it happened. He did manage to hang on to his father's old Iflintlock and an axe he had made out of a discarded brush clearing device though.
Last edited by Aaron on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Glad to have you aboard! And if you can survive as an orphan on a death world, I guess you're tough enough for the Inquisition. :wink:

As it stands, I'm guessing we're waiting for the new year to get underway (read: Rochey's bio.)
as Bull offed Custer