A New Hope?

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: A New Hope?

Post by Captain Seafort »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:And god frigging hell...I hate Del Rey even more now...(btw everyone, they won't drop Traviss. If it were Bantam, after her first book, Traviss would have been dropped. Del Rey however doesn't care if they rape Star Wars nor not).
1) They have dropped Traviss - look at the OP.

2) Her first book was pretty good by all accounts. It was only after the GttGAR fiasco that she went downhill fast.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:And god frigging hell...I hate Del Rey even more now...(btw everyone, they won't drop Traviss. If it were Bantam, after her first book, Traviss would have been dropped. Del Rey however doesn't care if they rape Star Wars nor not).
1) They have dropped Traviss - look at the OP.

2) Her first book was pretty good by all accounts. It was only after the GttGAR fiasco that she went downhill fast.
She is still writing her Republic-Imperial Commando series.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:She is still writing her Republic-Imperial Commando series.
She can keep writing her shitty fanfics to her little heart's content - just so long as she's kept away from the main post-RotJ run it might have a snowball's chance in hell gaining some quality, particularly with the likes of Allston writing it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Captain Seafort wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:She is still writing her Republic-Imperial Commando series.
She can keep writing her shitty fanfics to her little heart's content - just so long as she's kept away from the main post-RotJ run it might have a snowball's chance in hell gaining some quality, particularly with the likes of Allston writing it.
It's going to continue to BE shitty even with Allston writing. He went on record saying that he hates the direction the EU is going. Basically, we'll get half-hearted attempts by him.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:It's going to continue to BE shitty even with Allston writing. He went on record saying that he hates the direction the EU is going.
Interesting. What's your source for that?
Basically, we'll get half-hearted attempts by him.
Why? If anything, if he dislikes the direction of the EU then he can make the best of a bad situation and at least ensure that it's got quality writing, if not a quality plot.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Captain Seafort wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:It's going to continue to BE shitty even with Allston writing. He went on record saying that he hates the direction the EU is going.
Interesting. What's your source for that?
It was an interview during LOTF. He said he didn't like how little creative freedom he had, how little the war was focused on, and Jacen's spiral into madness by Traviss and Denning.

Many EU Authors-Zahn, Stackpole, Anderson, etc. have gone on record that they've disliked how Del Rey handles the post-ROTJ EU. Zahn even got a big 'flip the bird' by Del Rey when he said he wanted to do a novel about Luke, Mara, and Ben, and wasn't even consulted by Traviss on how to write Mara (she was a MAJOR OC in Bloodlines and Sacrifice).
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Man, you know it's bad when even Kevin "what wanktastic superweapon can the bad guys pull out of their arses this time" J Anderson says you're doing it wrong.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mark wrote:I finally lost interest in the friggin books. Did they kill off Jacen after he went to the Dark Side and killed Mara Jade, or his that nonsense still going on???
Caedus was killed by his own twin sister.

Excuse me. I have to go do something unspeakable...
Mark wrote:Guess Han and Leia better have some more kids. They only have one left. And what the hell is she going to do with his body????
They sorta did. JINO/Caedus had a child with Tenel Ka named Allana. For reasons known only to... someone, she was declared dead. Excapt... she wasn't dead and was sent to live with Han and Leia as 'Amelia'.

The goldfish replacement for JINO/Caedus, basically. :wtf: :bangwall: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell:

And Troy Denning is still writing it. So it's still gonna suck harder than a black hole.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow. That's lame with a capital "suck".
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tenel Ka's my favorite SW character, Rochey, so what she's gone through has me do an 'Of course you know, this means war!'

1. Had a short cameo in the first half of the NJO. A series entitled the New Jedi Order.

She's a Jedi, so yeah... drop her for the first half and then spordadic cameos the rest of the series.

2. Mother is poisoned and dies. Said mother experienced a psychic backlash, miscarried and was a pathetic shell when she died.

3. Force her to become Queen Mother in 'DJ' and shuffle her off onto the proverbial bus.

4. Let her bargain away her integrity in the DNT with JINO. "Oh, I can't give you a fleet, unless... " *Bats eyes and shakes her... huge tracts of land at him*

5. Have her father killed by JINO in 'Invincible'.

6. What happened to Allana in 'Invincible' too. Yes, strip her of all her family! She won't mind!

And that's off the top of my head, too. I HATE everything post-YJK.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:It gets worse. Travis killed Pellaeon off, Daala was apointed head of whatever and stole his corpse and ran off with the Mandalorians.

wtf?! Pellaeon is one of the best characters ever. How'd he get killed off?
And wtf does Daala have to do with Mandos?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

wtf?! Pellaeon is one of the best characters ever. How'd he get killed off?
It's Travis. You seem to be under the misconception that she actualy gives a shit.
And wtf does Daala have to do with Mandos?
Again, it's Travis. She can't go two pages without mentioning how uber the Mandos are.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Or mentio their language or some other stupid fact that is totally not essential to the plot... or anything really.