What did we like

Enterprise
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What did we like

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:...a couple of times when we saw hull breaches, you could actually see some luckless crew people getting sucked out into the vacuum of space. Morbid, but it was a nicely added detail.
Too bad none of them were Rick Berman, Brannon Braga, or Les Moonves.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mark wrote:...a couple of times when we saw hull breaches, you could actually see some luckless crew people getting sucked out into the vacuum of space. Morbid, but it was a nicely added detail.
Too bad none of them were Rick Berman, Brannon Braga, or Les Moonves.
True.....the show could have been saved 8)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
cbosdell
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by cbosdell »

I like most everything except:

* The Music in the Opening Credits

* The Crossing (episode showing noncorporal beings even though Errand of Mercy was supposed to be Starfleet's first encounter with such lifeform and Observer Effect is fine since their memories of it are erases)

* A few other's that I can't think of the top of my head mainly boring episodes and rehashed plots in the first two seasons

In particular I loved the uniforms (especially Archer's dress uniform from TATV) and set layouts (really the production values in general), the visuals in the opening credits, the closing credits music, the special effects, all the characters except Travis, Andorians -- Shran, Observer Effect (best episode of Star Trek imo), the Vulcan Arc and Romulan/Aenar/BOTF arc in season four, IAMD, the Romulans in season four, Similitude, Twilight, Damage and Countdown, the massive increase in continuity compared to Voyager and TNG especially in Season's 3 and 4, the potential it had if only it had been given a fifth and final season to wrap things up.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You guys have reminded of a couple of positive points that I'd forgotten. The treatment of Andorians, certainly, and the visual production. The unis, the bulkheads/hatches/etc., the hull detail of the NX-01 (if not the design of the ship) all looked as they should have - somewhat more primitive and utilitarian than what was to come later.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I liked a lot of it. I loved the opening sequence-music especially. It was a lot lower-tech than TOS, and cool how humanity had to find its place in the galaxy. Andorians, Vulcans and Tellarites got more screentime and development.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I liked the opening music as well and visuals as well.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mark wrote:Wow Graham, you articulated several of my thoughts as well. One thing I would like to throw in, and it's a bit grusome, was a couple of times when we saw hull breaches, you could actually see some luckless crew people getting sucked out into the vacuum of space. Morbid, but it was a nicely added detail.
Yeah, but just once I'd have liked to have seen someone being sucked out into space while still sitting on a toilet reading a newspaper, thus joining the mighty ranks of Elvis and Vincent Vega by dying on the job. Watch out for the floaters.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

...Vincent Vega...
Was he the guy in Jurassic Park?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Which one?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The one who got eaten while sitting on the toilet...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

stitch626 wrote:
...Vincent Vega...
John Travolta's character in Pulp Fiction.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Mikey wrote:
stitch626 wrote:
...Vincent Vega...
John Travolta's character in Pulp Fiction.
Oh. Never saw it.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"What did we like"

The women! :horny:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Talking of hull breaches and being blown out into space...along the same morbids lines, I remember that episode where Archer was stuck in some sort of space prison (?) or the internals of a space station where there was some sort of transporter block, really can't remember....and ordered the ENT to blow the hatch with it's phasers so he was blown out into space but then immediately transported back onto the ship before the obvious. The next scene is of Archer on the transporter pad, covered in ice, looking the worse for wear. No one really knows what would really happen in a situation like that but I thought it was very well done from a SFX point of view and something not really done before in Trek.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know, something just occured to me. I'm rewatching Enterprise season 4 and Columbia is supposed to be equipped with pulse phaser cannons (which is supposed to be 24th century Defiant tech) but that's ok, I can let that slide. But she was also supposed to have dorsal and venteral torpedoes, which I thought was a hell of an idea. Just wonder why nobody thought of it until the last season of the last series.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.