No votes

Total votes: 7
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Ship Options

Post by Mikey »

I had been playing with the idea of getting my own command for having displayed such excellent performance :wink: - maybe even my old posting, the New Orleans-class USS Stilwell.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

See! if we all maintained our own ship in a collective fleet, it could add a whole new dynamic to it all.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well I have two main idea for the strike group mission. One is we go into the GQ and deal with a splinter group of the Dominion, some founders who retain their old "All solids are evil" idea. The rest of the Dominion wont fight them since they wont fight another founder but they will allow a group of Alliance ships in to deal with them as per our treaty.

The other is a similar situation but with us dealing with a family in the KE who has gone AWOL.

Basically the Strike groups for either mission stays smallish. The new Battleship, the Daystrom, one or two other Fed ships and one or two ships from the KE and maybe RSE depending on ship situation we take.

Since it leave more room for character interaction and the fact the I'm not to keen on giving everyone their own ship since that kills a lot of the Drama the RPers (us) will split their character between the Daystrom and the new Battleship with maybe a few people having positions on other ships. I just feel its better for the plot if everyone is closer together and being spread over 4 or 5 ships kills a lot of that since this mission wont be all fighting like the last one.

If we do that I'd give Fletcher command of the Battleship. Give Mikey command of the Daystrom if he wants it and then see what everyone else wants to do with their characters. Hell Rochey could keep the same character saying he has been sent in as an observer of local events. With the time jump it allows us all to either start fresh or mature our character and have them move up in the world.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I wouldn't mind being a first officer as Munro.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If we do the strike group Thorin has first dibs at the Daystrom XO position but if he passes it up you could get it. It would be ten years latter so there is plenty of room to make it so your guy has been promoted ect.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yeah I was kinda split on what to do with him.
I was either going to make him die taking the moutain, like having a starship fire a torpedo at him, but changed my mind on that one.
I was then thinking of promotting him for his actions taking the main base and possibly transfering him.

So since we're skipping 10 years I might want to make him a commander but I'm not sure.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, that works. I was thinking of a command for myself specifically not for self-aggrandizement, but because it's hard for an individual (and bad management by an organization) to be in the position in which I found myself, and then have to go backwards. A bit of a time jump would also rationalize a few stepping stones between getting my first command, which would be a small ship, and then stepping up once or twice to the Daystrom.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You might not even need to jump it.

You were only in out right command of the Daystrom for like 4 hours during the battle. Afterwards depending on what Rochey does with his character you can keep the XO position and then get command when Fletcher moves to the new Battleship. It depends on what Rochey does with his character, personally I think he has an interesting character and could either keep him around for 10 years or have him come back at the request of Fletcher for the new mission.

I'm keeping my guy although I'm not sure what I'll do with him, he's not to important, just gives me something to do when I'm not being the narrator.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'd like to see Rochey stick around. His character is definitely.. colorful. :wink: And he's on an exchange program, so he doesn't necessarily have to only appear on mission at or near Tholian space. Either way, I'm sure he'd end up by Fletcher's side if he wanted to stay. I daresay he could do some damage with that battleship.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its up to him but if we do the idea of going into the GQ he could be placed on the Battleship as an observer for the Tholians. Fletcher could have asked for him personally due to our past.

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I could see Lewis maybe 10yrs down the line as a disgruntled Defiant captain (class not THE defiant) in a task force sent to deal with the dominion or renegade Klingons. I say disgruntled because he really wants to take an exploration mission (ie the Titan) but is too good at the military stuff for the fleet to let go.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Maybe one of us could take on a second role as the commander of say a KE or RSE ship if we go for the dominion option.

Theres not really much I can do with my character. Maybe a promotion, but i'm sure the Feds would be dubious about promoting a Cardassian to far.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If we do go for the GQ mission which is by no means set in stone there will be both Klingon and Romulans ships with us, Probably one for each.

While It would be fine for people to create a secondary character on those ships I would prefer if the Commanders remained NPC. From previous experience if we open the door to allowing everyone have a ship or a command position of some sort it destroys any character story lines since everyone is a commander.

My guy is going to stay as just a science officer on the senior staff.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yeah thinking about it, your right.

Any suggestions of what to do with mine? or just get a completely new character.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The way I see it you have a few options.

Keep Darel as the Daystoms helm guy.

Have him promoted to Mikeys old postion as Opps.

Create a new guy to use as your only guy.

Keep Darel in some roll and create a second character to use as well on one of the other ships.