Ship of the Week: Daedalus Class Battlecruiser

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ship of the Week: Daedalus Class Battlecruiser

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Where'd you get those numbers from?
From what I've heard the dimensions are 225M long, 95M wide and 75M high.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Rochey wrote:Where'd you get those numbers from?
Daedalus Class Size
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats a big ship... I didn't think Earth was building on such a scale! :shock:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hm, so it is.
Wouldn't that make those windows rather large, though?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

JudgeKing wrote:
Rochey wrote:Where'd you get those numbers from?
Daedalus Class Size
Can we be certain about her distance from the ship? It is difficult to judge distance in space, with no atmosphere to create a haze effect or anything. Or that this wasn't a VFX mistake?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Daedalus. Ugly piece of shite but she's a powerful craft no less/
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

We know that there's at least one more Daedalus on the way, the Phoenix. Do ya think they'll replace the Daedalus class? Or ever make a Prometheus MK. II? Maybe a ship with the new beam technology integrated in the original design to achive maximum potential.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They'll obviously replace the ships class at some point in history.
Whether or not we'll actualy see that in the show, though, is up for debate. I hope so.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:We know that there's at least one more Daedalus on the way, the Phoenix. Do ya think they'll replace the Daedalus class? Or ever make a Prometheus MK. II? Maybe a ship with the new beam technology integrated in the original design to achive maximum potential.
They will replace the Daedalus-class Battlecruiser eventually, however it currently does its job real well. So I don't see it being replaced real soon.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I wouldn't think they plan on replacing it so much as just upgrading it. Bringing it up to Asgard standards. If they want a new ship they should just build the O'neill class. That think was awsome! :shock:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:I wouldn't think they plan on replacing it so much as just upgrading it. Bringing it up to Asgard standards. If they want a new ship they should just build the O'neill class. That think was awsome! :shock:
Still, a hull design can only be upgraded so much. Like with the Nimitz-class, which is still a servicable design, but production has ended in favour of replacing them with the Gerald R Ford-class that will have several improvements built in. By building a new class they can improve on the older class without having to make extensive redesigns. While the Daedalus-class has served the US well, they could improve efficency by building a new class with the new Asgard equipment built in rather then strapped on.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Then I covered both cases already. If they keep what they have then just upgrade the Daedalus, if they want something new then just build the O'Neill.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Then I covered both cases already. If they keep what they have then just upgrade the Daedalus, if they want something new then just build the O'Neill.
The O'Neill is of Asgard design, and they use a large amount of neutronium in their technology or was it construction techniques...anyway it's doubtful that even with the design schematics they could build an O'Neill. It would be like giving the schematics for the Iowa-class battleships to England 300 years ago. They might be able to figure out a lot of the design ideas, but to actually build an Iowa-class battleship would be beyond their capabilities.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Asgard gave their tech to Earth. That would include those giant replicator machines. All Earth would need to do (I'm saying it like its easy :lol: ) is produce one, then have that one produce more.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:The Asgard gave their tech to Earth. That would include those giant replicator machines. All Earth would need to do (I'm saying it like its easy :lol: ) is produce one, then have that one produce more.
That replicator machine probably requires neutronium, which isn't exactly easy to come by