Vader didn't kill people with the choke?

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Vader didn't kill people with the choke?

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:True, but Palpy always liked his contingency and contingent-contingency plans. Heck, it's entirely possible that he kept Vader around merely for the future purpose of baiting Luke.
Quite likely considering Vader had several apprientices, at least one of which being a secret from the Emperor (or tried to anyway). The Emperor also let Vader feel at least somewhat challenged by Xizor even though the idea of a Fallen taking the Dark Lord's position is silly it kept Vader on his toes.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Mikey wrote:True, but Palpy always liked his contingency and contingent-contingency plans. Heck, it's entirely possible that he kept Vader around merely for the future purpose of baiting Luke.
Wasn't Vader the one that suggested luring Luke to the dark-side?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Vader: "He... will come to me?"
Palpy: "I have foreseen it."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

mlsnoopy wrote:
Wasn't Vader the one that suggested luring Luke to the dark-side?
Yes, he did. The Emperor even asked if it could be done.

Though I hear the dialogue has been changed in the latest SE.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Oh poor Vader. Since diologue doesn't have to match lip movement Lucas can just throw on what he wants as he descends into dementia.

I'm imagining 2012 where he descides Vader took too much damage down below and have him re-voiced by Dame Edna.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

sunnyside wrote:Oh poor Vader. Since diologue doesn't have to match lip movement Lucas can just throw on what he wants as he descends into dementia.

I'm imagining 2012 where he descides Vader took too much damage down below and have him re-voiced by Dame Edna.
Jeez what's he say now?

At any rate if Vader asked first it doesn't mean the Emperor didn't plan it all. This is palpatine afterall. He likes people to discover the right choice of actions that he's already preplanned for.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
Jeez what's he say now?
I don't know for sure, I refuse to watch any version save the original. Praise be to Lucasfilm for issuing new DVD's at the cost of 24.99$ a piece!
At any rate if Vader asked first it doesn't mean the Emperor didn't plan it all. This is palpatine afterall. He likes people to discover the right choice of actions that he's already preplanned for.
True, I read in the depths of the EU (scuba suit required) that he already knew Vaders plans to get Luke to help overthrow him.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have never read any EU stuff, but it sure does sound like Palpy!
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:I have never read any EU stuff, but it sure does sound like Palpy!
Yeah. He always had plans within plans within plans. Hell even in Episode III Anakin tried to talk Padme into helping him overthrow the Emperor. And it is Sith tradition and all :)

-Remain Star Trek-
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

If i may say something? =p

I just got back froma First Aid Course with the red cross, and we were doing this this morning, actually.

Unconsiousness is actually a much rarer medical condition than most people think, and is related with lack of oxygen to the brain. Its fatal in around 7 minuites, and is quite hard to induce via chemical means - but easily induced by choking or other physical damage.

ANYWAY when someone falls unconsious you should allways open the airways and stick them into the recovery positon. You see, when you're unconsious - truley unconsious, not just forcibly asleep - your muscles go limp. All of them. Which includes your toungue. Your toungue is actually a MASSIVE muscle, but because its partially tense allmost all the time you think its actually quite short. But when its completley relaxed its perfectly big enough to flop back down your throat and completley plug your airways, choking you to death. (The recovery positon buts you on your side facing downwards, so your toungue just lolls out your mouth and doesnt do that.)

Secondly, when i say all your muscles relax, that means your Digestive Sphincters too. Which means that vomit flows up your throat and blocks the airways, killing you, which is why most people who die when unconsious are actually drowning on their own sick. The recovery postion, again, lets all this flow out onto the floor and your boots (lovley)

So, so long as Vader tosses his victims backwards so they land on their backs, he's actually killing them by making them choke on their own vomit or toungue. Thats cold.
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ah. So instead of the "choke," should we call it "the Dark Side-induced rock star death?"
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Ah. So instead of the "choke," should we call it "the Dark Side-induced rock star death?"
:lol:

" What happened here?"

" Vader got him with the Force-Morrison, sir."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ah. So instead of the "choke," should we call it "the Dark Side-induced rock star death?"
:lol:

" What happened here?"

" Vader got him with the Force-Morrison, sir."
"At least he didn't get Elvis'd"
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"And what's that sandwich doing in his mouth?"

"Lord Vader gave hime a Force-Mama Cass."

Too far?
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

WTF is a Mama Cass?