Yet more Traviss BS

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Seafort wrote:Alternatively, Fett could be killed off by a blind man flailing around with a stick. Again.
I think this video highlights the stupidity and fanwank perfectly.
Take a guess as to who the woman is supposed to be. :wink:
Oh, and the satire bit at the start of the video was put there purely for Traviss fanboys, who construed the creator's previous video as a death threat against Traviss. :roll:

Seriously, if I ever get a job writing SW novels, the Mandalorians are going down. Hard.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I thought prior to all this crap, they were widely considered to be extinct. That's what I remember from years ago, though I don't know what the source of that information was...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They were extinct. They were all killed off in the war against the Jedi.
The same way Boba Fett was dead. He was killed by a blind guy with a stick.

The problem is fanboys/girls like Traviss can't stop wanking to how uber they are. :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

To be fair to Traviss she wasn't the first Mando-wanker (or Fett-wanker), she's simply the worst.

Congratulations on the promotion Rochey. :D
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

My apologies, I assumed the reference to "Empire lovers" referred to the opinions I've seen frequently expressed that the Old Republic was institutionally corrupt long before Palpatine came along (not really disputable, given that it was much of the plot of TPM), and the New Republic was grossly stupid, especially during the Vong War.
No worries. To be honest I don't get enough into the SW world to know or care enough to make a judgment on the political structure there, beyond what the movies show us about the Empire.
Defended the Empire in what way? Politically, or in the sense that it was far better prepared for conflict than any of the Republics?
I suppose the best way to describe it would be that I felt uncomfortable in the presence of so many people whose Star Wars fanship seemed to be a quasi substitute for some sort of real life yearning for authoritarianism and coercion-imposed order. On terms they would like and approve of, of course. And it spilled into their views on the real life political world.
From what I've seen, stupid and/or uncivilised Trekkies are about as common as stupid and/or uncivilised Warsies.
In my experience, only Warsies say this. :)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Duskofdead wrote:In my experience, only Warsies say this. :)
*Shrugs* There are plenty of idiotic Star Wars fans - TFN's rife with them apparently. You've also got places like SFJ though - Trekkies whose idiocy has to be seen to be believed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Captain Seafort wrote:
*Shrugs* There are plenty of idiotic Star Wars fans - TFN's rife with them apparently. You've also got places like SFJ though - Trekkies whose idiocy has to be seen to be believed.
You are probably right, as much as I have been labelled a hardcore circle jerk fanboi here, I actually dont' do anything around the net Trek-related until I discovered DITL. I'm sure there are plenty of idiot socially inept fans out there. ;) I suppose the fact that I haven't run into many of them, though, whereas I almost can't get away from socially maladjusted SW fanatics, colors my view.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:Congratulations on the promotion Rochey. :D
Seconded. *salutes* :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Woah, how the hell did that happen? :shock:

Fear my power, mortals. 8)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
What's SFJ, if I may ask?

I post at TFN, but mostly for fanfic. Same screenname so you can find my BS over there fairly easily, too. :lol:

And also congrats, Rochey. *Salutes*
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What's SFJ, if I may ask?
A site called "Starfleet Jedi".
It is a black hole of pure stupid.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

It really doesn't sound like she's that terrible of an author judging from her reviews. She's just got this number problem and this Mando problem.

I've always wanted to write a book about an Imperial Inquisitor. Get into the real depths of how 'evil' the Empire was supposed to be. I guess if I did it I would make my Inquisitor all bad ass too :p

Personally I'm okay with Boba living Ep6 but how he's been portrayed largerly afterwards I just didn't like. He was cool in the Bounty Hunter trilogy but he needs to retire >.<
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:I've always wanted to write a book about an Imperial Inquisitor. Get into the real depths of how 'evil' the Empire was supposed to be. I guess if I did it I would make my Inquisitor all bad ass too :p
What, like Jerec?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=E6iWv2axv ... re=related

Interesting interview.
"I knew nothing about star wars" says it all when she got offered her first job :P
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Monroe wrote:I've always wanted to write a book about an Imperial Inquisitor. Get into the real depths of how 'evil' the Empire was supposed to be. I guess if I did it I would make my Inquisitor all bad ass too :p
What, like Jerec?
yeah. He'd be a subservant of Jerec's. I actually RPed this character in SWG and he was really popular.