Debate prep

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Each post gets marked out of 100. Then the totals are added up so each team gets a score out of 800. 100 points x 2 judges x 4 members posts = 800.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You sure you don't want in Rochey? 24 hours is pretty long and you can have the majority of your post written in advance then just write the last few hundred as a reply to something the other team said.
Yes, I'm sure, unfortunately. Things have been going from 'extremely busy' to 'doing nothing' in my life for the last few weeks, so I can't really commit myself to anything.
Also, I'm going to have to withdraw my offer to take the position as a judge. Maybe next time, but I don't have the time right now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sorry to hear that, Rochey. We could have ruled the debates with iron fists... er, manipulative extensors...

How about Sunny or Dusk to judge, if they won't be debating?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I am hopeing that Dusk will want to be a debater. Will think on who can be the second judge. Still need to ask GK but think he's busy.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Arrrg! :x
It's coming to finals time, so I will not be able to participate in this first debate (unless it is after May 11) :cry:
Sorry.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Might drop the first one to 3v3 then. Got enough members for that.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's probably a better idea. It's the first time we're doing something like this, so doing it on a smaller scale first may help work out the bugs.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'll give this to tomorrow mourning (about to go to bed) until I name captains and we pick teams.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Out of curiosity, what time is it over on Kiwi Island?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Right now it is 3:30 am. Bed time.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nighty night, Teaos. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok the captains are Seafort and myself being the two highest ranking members joining in this time. I think we'll change it around everytime so everyone gets a turn leading the teams.

Seafort I'll leave it up to you, you can either have first pick of debators or your choice of yay or nay.

If you want to choose first make your pick then, we'll then go in turns till we have a team of 3 each.

Possible debaters: Teaos, Seafort, Monroe, Metalhead, Kendall, KuvahMagh, Bryan Moore.

Tsu and Blackstar never confirmed if they wanted in so... *shrug*

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ummm... you've got seven names there.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah 7 people wanted in. One person wont get in this time but might do next time.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Understood.
as Bull offed Custer