DITL 40K

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Oh, good. I thought it was something else. Guess I'm just paranoid. :roll:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Forty thousand? Cool. I'm sure I contributed my fair share of those posts. :)

As for the forum's first birthday, I'd go with the 14th, as that's the day it went public, and thus people started joining.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I said "part of the world," not "your specific nation." And the Maori must have done something for fun, right?
Kill stuff mainly.

Yeah I was thinking the 14th. Also yuor 1 year anniversary. Gotta wait till the 17th for mine.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:While we're talking insterments, I've played the Chello, Trumpet, and the Piano. And I could probably take a refresher coarse and be ready no problem. Except the trumpet...I hate the trumpet now.

But you know what every band needs? A sexy dancer. And being a Chakat I can appeal to men and women alike. *strikes a sexy pose*
How am I supposed to play my ass off if I can't concentrate? :D I suppose I'm professional enough to ignore it, at least until the set is over...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I kinda can do Keyboard...and ages ago i could play the flute...cant remember now and dad run over the Flute with the Lantra XD
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So, I guess we've got keys covered; that's good since I can't play bass, sing and do keyboards at the same time... Yet. :P

Seriously, though, we can throw on multiple tracks with Audacity, keep sending the files back and forth, and add things on to eventually make a song. It's not too difficult, really. :wink:

Anyone else have musical talent here?
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Multi tasking!!!!!

I can attempt to sing...but since my voice is in between the lowest one and the next one up, it will sound weird.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Forty thousand? Cool. I'm sure I contributed my fair share of those posts. :)

As for the forum's first birthday, I'd go with the 14th, as that's the day it went public, and thus people started joining.
Have you looked at your profile recently? Or are you further reinforcing Teaos' theory about your mutual origins? :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ummm......forget I said that. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I can play the trumpet, and sort of play the piano (I can play, just not read and play at the same time).
I also compose Orchestra music (symphonies, concertos, overtures, etc.) and piano solos (nothing copywritten or published yet... too $$).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, copyrighting music is ten times harder than copyrighting a story, or poem or script. I only had to pay $45 for my first short story to get copyrighted; I haven't a clue how much a song would cost.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

$45 :!:
They wanted $80+ for one of my pieces (and I have over 40). :(
Talk about pricey.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Gah! I guess I'll put off trying to write songs for more than my own amusement until I can scrape up a few grand...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I can't play anything (appropriate anyways) but I can serve overpriced beer and run the hockey game (can't have a party without street hockey).
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

BTW, if anyone wants to hear a sample of my work, I can email you a midi file (that can be read by Windows Media Player). However, be forewarned that it is not like most modern music, it is closer to classicl/romantic.
Also, anything I send will be protected by the temporary copyright of mailing yourself the piece in a sealed envelope. I will then proced to pay for the copyright. Its not that I don't trust you guys... I don't trust anyone that I have not met face-to-face (and a few that I have met :) ).