Serenity

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I would have given anything to learn more about Book's past. "That's no priest, it's a space station!" Well, not exactly, but lots of clues indicating otherwise.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

I've come up with my own theory about Book. I figure he was involved with an Alliance Intelligence agency, and wanted to get out. By get out, I'm referring to retirement or something similar. So he created the persona of a priest and lived that life, but kept credentials of his former life should he ever need them, like he did in the episode where he was shot and the crew manage to get medical attention for him aboard the Alliance ship.

I'm sure the theory has holes in it, but that's my take on things.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

The Wormhole wrote:I've come up with my own theory about Book. I figure he was involved with an Alliance Intelligence agency, and wanted to get out. By get out, I'm referring to retirement or something similar. So he created the persona of a priest and lived that life, but kept credentials of his former life should he ever need them, like he did in the episode where he was shot and the crew manage to get medical attention for him aboard the Alliance ship.

I'm sure the theory has holes in it, but that's my take on things.
That's roughly similar to what my friend and I had decided a while back. Still, to get the backstory would be great.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?